• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Toney

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,246
  • Views 77,153

Is Toney an upgrade on Gabriel Jesus at CF?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Exactly it’s such a stupid risk. But unlike other clubs we have no football director who has a say. Anything Arteta says goes. Gambling addiction is such a hard addiction to get rid off. Add to the fact he hasn’t played in 8 months no one knows his current condition
Can see him coming back and being ridiculously good for the remainder of the season at least. Sometimes public scandals have a way of firing players up to perform above their level. He’s also fresher fitness wise than any other player in the league.

As you say though, the gambling could he a big problem at some point down the line. Would anyone care next year if it won us the league this season though?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Can see him coming back and being ridiculously good for the remainder of the season at least. Sometimes public scandals have a way of firing players up to perform above their level. He’s also fresher fitness wise than any other player in the league.

As you say though, the gambling could he a big problem at some point down the line. Would anyone care next year if it won us the league this season though?
If we won the league and he gets caught next year he will get 4 year ban. You think it would be worth it

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
One small relapse and Toney is out for the best years of his career. A club would have to be crazy to spend 70+ million on him.

Realistically only Chelsea are that stupid.

Also whilst he’s no doubt a good player he seems seriously overrated to me, thats before you even take the gambling into account. Surely there are better options?
I wouldn't bet on it 😉

UkrArsenal

We need a forward now, not in the summer.
In addition, Brentford's demands of 80 million are laughable.

Disappointed we didn't get Isak. I think he would be an ideal option for us.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Had it on very good authority that we are absolutely in for him and the player is desperate to join us.

Chelsea also want the player have offered more money to Brentford and way more wages but Toney doesn’t want Chelsea.

All about agreeing a deal with Brentford.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Had it on very good authority that we are absolutely in for him and the player is desperate to join us.

Chelsea also want the player have offered more money to Brentford and way more wages but Toney doesn’t want Chelsea.

All about agreeing a deal with Brentford.

Shocked Mood GIF

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
are they asking for 50?

lol, how much does Ollie Walkins cost then?

this is stupid, he is not even that good, he was at the right team with the right setup, just like Mbuemo, we don't play that football.

Stick with Eddie, you are not going to get a good striker in January.

PS: I´m not an Eddie fan, his first touch is worse than Lukaku, however, Toney is not the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom