• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I won’t be posting again either until my avi is changed again.
GDeep turning into Casper the Ghost. Ghost Deep is the name.

Arsenal Ligainggris GIF by MolaTV

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This guy keeps getting better and better. Boundless energy, quick feet and incisive passing. The only question mark is, can he be the difference maker against the big teams when the pressure is on?

Buhry

Established Member

I wouldn't go that far, Özil is my GOAT, but I'm here to call out the blatant hypocrisy. Some section of Arsenal fans call Ødegaard a flat-track bully or a big-game ghost, but Özil was notorious for doing the same.

That's Özil's legacy for me, what I remember him for the most.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I wouldn't go that far, Özil is my GOAT, but I'm here to call out the blatant hypocrisy. Some section of Arsenal fans call Ødegaard a flat-track bully or a big-game ghost, but Özil was notorious for doing the same.
I would go that far personally, because Ødegaard's defensive contribution is leaps and bounds above Özil. The guy's leading our press most games. I'd definitely take him over Özil at this point, does more out there.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I would go that far personally, because Ødegaard's defensive contribution is leaps and bounds above Özil. The guy's leading our press most games. I'd definitely take him over Özil at this point, does more out there.
Yeah, if I would look for a Youtube video it would be with Özil, but for the team, Ode brings more. Just the fact that we are even comparing them tells you a lot about Ode, like it or not Özil was one of the best in the world and it's really good that we can have Ode in the same sentence

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
People get carried away with his flat track bullying, let’s see him against Porto, because he done nothing against them as I expected in the last leg.

I don't agree with this flat track bully narrative.

Last season
Assist against pool
Goal against Sp**s
Assist against Utd
2 goals against Chelsea
Goal against Toon

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Özil
+creativity
+vision
+final pass
+crossing
+pace
+ball control
+agility
+movement
+IQ

Ødegaard
+shooting
+finishing
+strength
+defensive work rate
+more press resistant
+leadership

drippin

Özil
+creativity
+vision
+final pass
+crossing
+pace
+ball control
+agility
+movement
+IQ

Ødegaard
+shooting
+finishing
+strength
+defensive work rate
+more press resistant
+leadership
Defensive work rate seems like it might include a few things? Which would downplay Ødegaard if it's compared like that.

To me it looks like in your list it includes stamina overall, defensive skills and even pressing. I think those should be mentioned separately.

Also we have to consider that Ødegaard was at the start of the season about the same age as Özil when he joined Arsenal. In his first season Özil had 5+10 in EPL and second 4+6 (although consider minutes played). Ødegaard has now 6+7 with 10 games to go.

Overall I think Ødegaard is much closer in the areas that Özil was still currently better, than Özil was in those Ødegaard plusses. Like mentioned above, I would definitely take Ødegaard, even if I was an Özil fan since his youth days.

Buhry

Established Member

You guys think Ode will do anything against Porto? I say probably not, again. I was right last time.

Well I hope he does because usually when he has a bad game our whole attack is bad. We'll see. But I agree, now is the time for him but also everyone else to show if they are champion material. If we go out against Porto my dissapointment will be immense.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Özil
+creativity
+vision
+final pass
+crossing
+pace
+ball control
+agility
+movement
+IQ

Ødegaard
+shooting
+finishing
+strength
+defensive work rate
+more press resistant
+leadership
You're just expanding/using alternate words on certain stuff (creativity, vision, final pass) and not expanding on certain stuff (defensive work rate) to tilt the balance of quantity towards Özil here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You're just expanding/using alternate words on certain stuff (creativity, vision, final pass) and not expanding on certain stuff (defensive work rate) to tilt the balance of quantity towards Özil here.
Players never judged on defensive work rate? That’s a new thing. Especially in the era of Özil.

CannonBals

Ødegaard is someone who you build a team around. Very good all round player.

Özil is the final piece, works great if you have a functioning team already. I love Özil to bits and he is someone who could unlock any defences. Best at that except Messi.

But if I am building a team today, I will pick Ødegaard as the game today has moved on from that final ball player.

drippin

Players never judged on defensive work rate? That’s a new thing. Especially in the era of Özil.
And what does that matter? Do think Arsenal should compete in modern football, or not? United got rid of Ronaldo, because he didn't press enough.

I would have wanted an Özil who is better at defensive stuff, and now luckily Ødegaard is at Arsenal.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom