• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

MATHEO

Özil not working hard is the biggest myth among Arsenal fans. He constantly topped the running charts alongside Ramsey, He runs and works really hard for the team, but he made more offensive sprints than defensive ones, and people tend to miss these because they only focus on the ball. You can criticise how he balances his offensive and defensive efforts, but to call him lazy is just plain ignorance.

Bucephalus

Özil not working hard is the biggest myth among Arsenal fans. He constantly topped the running charts alongside Ramsey, He runs and works really hard for the team, but he made more offensive sprints than defensive ones, and people tend to miss these because they only focus on the ball. You can criticise how he balances his offensive and defensive efforts, but to call him lazy is just plain ignorance.
Absolutely agree. Shift his career five years earlier, almost no one would call him lazy. And I say almost because he glided across the pitch so gracefully you could miss how much he was actually running. But he was exclusively an attacking midfielder. When his position started to call for more defensive work and pressing, he just didn't fit anymore.

Mraven

Think they are very similar players in a way, tbh...like 2 sides of the same coin, differences of course but not too different.

Özil put in some good running stats too if I remember, while Ødegaard is also very creative...both can be "bullied" a bit, but the amount they do does get over exaggerated.

Mesut has more of an X-factor about him...World Cup with Germany, Spanish title with an iconic Madrid team and the fact him winning 3 FA cups here (including helping us end our 8 year drought) isn't really mentioned by others, shows how successful he has been to put them into the background so much.

Feel the style of modern football doesn't really help Ødegaard, to be fair to him...not as "eye catching" on the whole now, players are very much forced to play percentages a lot now.

I think the fact that you bring up 1 Spanish title and 3 FA-cups says a lot. I loved Özil, but he massively underachieved for his talent. I think Ødegaard will be very disappointed if he doesn’t have more trophies than Özil at the end of his career.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What a player. Last season he was in his Lampard/Ramsey era and now he’s in his Özil/Cesc bag. What a tremendous signing he’s been. Honestly, there’s a strong case for him being Arteta’s best P4P signing.
He could be Micks best signing, not against that. Not sure what that says though when you consider Mick has mainly signed average players.

Also, interesting to see Foden and Bruno in the same group.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He could be Micks best signing, not against that. Not sure what that says though when you consider Mick has mainly signed average players.

Also, interesting to see Foden and Bruno in the same group.
1. Why does that matter? A great signing is a great signing regardless of who was signed as well. Suarez joined Liverpool along with Stuart Downing, Charlie Adam and Andy Carroll, does that take anything away from the signing?

2. Foden is an elite creator, not surprising to see his name there. As for Bruno, I say this begrudgingly because he annoys me, but he's a damn good footballer. He is a hero ball merchant and United should move away from him.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
MOTM & it wasn’t even close. Stepped up as a top player is supposed to. It was a far gone conclusion that he was gonna convert the pen as well

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom