• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Charlie Patino (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabregasm

Reading this thread from a Blackpool forum and you do question where he'll end up. In summary, he's very slow and physically weak, good passing technique but tends to keep it quite simple, not quick enough to lose his marker, he needs 2 water carriers to make up for his lack of defensive ability. This is tempered by the fact most reasonable fans think he's been made to look worse by the lack of quality surrounding him in a relegation outfit.

But with those issues, I can't see him ending up at a top 6 league. Maybe a Championship side or Eredivisie if he wants first team football. Overall it looks like he's this generations Gedion Zelalem who I hoped would be our next Cesc.

I had to look up Zelalem and realized he's now 26 and playing in Netherlands 2nd division after failing to make the cut in MLS :O

It seems centre mid is a position where youngsters get overhyped excessively, I can easily name couple more that look like the real deal and ending up being flopped. (Merida, Frimpong, Denilson, Lansbury)

Let's just say we should be more wary on the expectations on center midfielders that seems like wonderkid playing among other kids

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not every youngster is Saka or Wilshere, sometimes selling them is the right choice.

Good fee (buy back clause too, just in case) and we move, good luck to Charlie.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I had to look up Zelalem and realized he's now 26 and playing in Netherlands 2nd division after failing to make the cut in MLS :O

It seems centre mid is a position where youngsters get overhyped excessively, I can easily name couple more that look like the real deal and ending up being flopped. (Merida, Frimpong, Denilson, Lansbury)

Let's just say we should be more wary on the expectations on center midfielders that seems like wonderkid playing among other kids

It's fine lines really. When Frimpong was coming through as a 19yo I was excited about how dynamic he was and thought he'd surpass Song and considered him a bigger talent than Coquelin. But he got a few injuries and he didn't have the intelligence to learn the DM role. Where as when Coquelin came on the scene he knew his job was to win the ball everywhere on the pitch and make last ditch

In turn Denilson looked like had the technical quality but didn't have the dedication to defend or intelligence to look over his shoulder when receiving the ball on the half turn to then pick a forward pass.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
It's fine lines really. When Frimpong was coming through as a 19yo I was excited about how dynamic he was and thought he'd surpass Song and considered him a bigger talent than Coquelin. But he got a few injuries and he didn't have the intelligence to learn the DM role. Where as when Coquelin came on the scene he knew his job was to win the ball everywhere on the pitch and make last ditch

In turn Denilson looked like had the technical quality but didn't have the dedication to defend or intelligence to look over his shoulder when receiving the ball on the half turn to then pick a forward pass.
Denilson was quality early on, but he was massively affected by homesickness/loneliness outside of the training ground and got worse at the age you'd expect to be improving. Bit like Bendtner - was worse at 22 than he was at 19. Both could have had big careers had they the mental strength and burning focus of some of their peers.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not too surprising.

He's a had decent season at Blackpool, and he played quite a few games. Another loan would have been the best move, but if the player is not keen, and if there isn't an opening...well a sale is the logical conclusion.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It happens, hope he leaves and does well. Best thing is to be on his good side and maybe swoop in if he turns a good player.

Just too croweded of an area squad wise for the next two or so years.

Yep, I was a bit disappointed when I first heard this but I’m the first one to call for guys like Rice and Caicedo, so they’re just won’t be any room for Patino here long term.

There are a few whispers going around that the club don’t rate him that highly either. Just hope we can get a good fee for him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yep, I was a bit disappointed when I first heard this but I’m the first one to call for guys like Rice and Caicedo, so they’re just won’t be any room for Patino here long term.

There are a few whispers going around that the club don’t rate him that highly either. Just hope we can get a good fee for him.

Yeah, just too many players coming through right now and there's been a shift on how we're doing things squad wise. Seem like we'll have serious upgrades and the base level will be much higher overall.

Just hard seeing anyone breaking through without a serious loan performance on a top team or just lucking it out with a lot of people being injured and Arteta getting his back against the wall somehow.

Maybe next season we'll see more youth players integrated in the mickey mouse, but even then, I think it'll be hard.

After he finishes getting subs he trusts, I think we'll see some more openings for academy players, but until then, it'll be a tall ask.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I had to click around to see the connection as I am one of those that needed it spelled out, but now that I've seen it - where's the conflict of address? :lol:
If Patino moves, the agency that Rio is an ambassador for will benefit financially.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If Patino moves, the agency that Rio is an ambassador for will benefit financially.

I gathered that, but where's the conflict? Rio would have to have a role at Arsenal or Patino's future club for there to be a real conflict of interest.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Every time I see highlights of him he looks kinda decent I guess but I don't see anything special then again I also don't know a damn thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom