• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Bentley (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Established Member
I heard Bentley supported Man Utd as a kid.

And yeah West Ham are strangely popular. Don't see the appeal myself.

invisibleman18

Established Member
KingReyes said:
So IF these stories are to be believed the reason he wants a transfer is because he wants first team football? Well thats simple David, what you have to do is actually prove that you are better than others to get first team football. If you're not willing to fight for your place and would prefer to walk into any side then off you go son.

Don't forget I did say IF these reports are true.

then again you also have to actually be given a chance on the pitch to prove you are better than others.
perhaps its been indicated to him that hes not going to get such a chance, just like pennant.

quattro

seriously though, given some input by looking at his performances for norwich, can he actually do better than ljungberg or hleb to actually be given the benefit of the doubt? with chelsea around i dont think we have the luxury to experiment too much in the league.

AFCG7

Established Member
We dont have to experiment too much.. A lot of times we are leading games 2-0 3-0 sometimes with over 30 mins left in a game, yet Wenger does not give fringe players a chance. 4 or 5 minutes at the end of games against lesser opposition will not help players like Bentley.

KingReyes

Established Member
invisibleman18 said:
KingReyes said:
So IF these stories are to be believed the reason he wants a transfer is because he wants first team football? Well thats simple David, what you have to do is actually prove that you are better than others to get first team football. If you're not willing to fight for your place and would prefer to walk into any side then off you go son.

then again you also have to actually be given a chance on the pitch to prove you are better than others.
perhaps its been indicated to him that hes not going to get such a chance, just like pennant.

Thats fair enough, I surely hope Bentley is doing enough is training to deserve a chance in the first team. Then its up to him to take his chance when he gets it, the same way Cesc did.

Personally I think he has what it takes to make it as Arsenal player, not necessarily the next Bergkamp but part of the Arsenal squad. Hopefully Wenger is willing to give him a chance to prove himself.

invisibleman18

Established Member
KingReyes said:
invisibleman18 said:
KingReyes said:

Thats fair enough, I surely hope Bentley is doing enough is training to deserve a chance in the first team. Then its up to him to take his chance when he gets it, the same way Cesc did.

Personally I think he has what it takes to make it as Arsenal player, not necessarily the next Bergkamp but part of the Arsenal squad. Hopefully Wenger is willing to give him a chance to prove himself.

Yep thats right, i certainly hope he at least gets a chance in some games. not even being on the bench for the community shield game makes me think his chances might be few and far between unfortunately.

Ricky_AFC

Going backto who Bentley supports i'm pretty sure he supports arsenal. On our unbeaten season DVD he talks about how he used to sit in the north bank every week watching and how he wanted to become like Bergkamp.

ash87

he wasn't that great at norwich, why would he be able to beat van persie or reyes? its upto him, this is his only chance to play for a top club that is almost certain to have european football every season. if he wants to sit it out and fight for it, then good for him. if he reckons he can do better elsewhere, then good for him to. either way it wont affect arsenal too bad.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
ash87 said:
he wasn't that great at norwich, why would he be able to beat van persie or reyes? its upto him, this is his only chance to play for a top club that is almost certain to have european football every season. if he wants to sit it out and fight for it, then good for him. if he reckons he can do better elsewhere, then good for him to. either way it wont affect arsenal too bad.

Sadly I agree with that, its a pity but life goes on, if he does go which is looking likely I wish him all the best.

non flying dutchman

I really hope he doesn't go, from what I saw of him in pre-season he looked pretty useful, and seems to have grown up quite a bit, he's definately got a bright future if he stays, not so sure if he moves to a club like west ham.

I know wenger rates him very highly, and maybe by david saying he's not happy at the opportunities he's getting, wenger may throw him in a bit more?

Ljungberg is a great player but bentley gives us something different and we don't have a host of options on the right, come on wenger sort this one out.

Courier

ash87 said:

In all honesty i think Reyes has as much to prove as Bentley.I'd love Reyes to really set the Pl alight and when he first came on against Man City his first touches looked like he would.I find it frustrating that some players like Cygan are continually given opportunties despite showing unrest, the minute Bentley asks for a transfer Wenger accepts it.This kid has talent Wenger should be showing him what a similar player J Cole at Chelski has to put up with tell him he will genuinley give him opportunities on MERIT, but it seems if your English Wenger does not care! why not tell him this "its DB10 last year" the minute his games slows (IMO it already has) I will give you 5-10 games to show what you can do.Pires too will look for a new deal (club) in January. Call me an idiot but we dont seem to want to spend money so why dont we develop talented kids like this? After all dont we keep hearing how Wenger DEVELOPS talent?

sray2

I think Bentley actually thinks that he can make the WC squad!! that's why he probably wants to move...if he was really determined, he would at least try to oust ljunberg from the right side, because Bentley was never going to just walk in to the team after coming back from Norwich...he should stay for at least a season like Pennant and see where it takes him.

RenalDoh!!

i agree no big loss... well on a normal day
but i fear the squad is dangerously small in size at the moment
its not going to help things

jay-d

Established Member
Our squad is seriously decimated before the season kicks off what the flip is gonna happen when injuries set in? I'm really dissapointed with this Bentley saga now, he obviously spoken to Wenger and Wengers told him he won't start many games, fair play to the lad he wants to play rather than sit on his arse and get a pay check, he's a good talent and will do well where ever he plays.

J the Red

Shame as he has got a good enough game to one day be an Arsenal regular.

His problem has been not settling into a position, he doesnt score enough goals to be a second striker (compared to say RvP who is a far more natural finisher) and playing either wide left or right he drifts in and out of games. That was the big thing at Norwich they felt he went missing and gave the ball away cheaply at times.

BUT, I still think he could have a future at Arsenal. Another loan move could help him mature even more and he could be like Kieron Richardson at ManYoo who really came on after going to West Brom. I would'nt rule out him staying at Arsenal and going on loan for the season. Though preferably he'd stay knuckle down and fight for his place....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom