• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Bentley (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courier

Tactically I think Wenger is looking as flexible as Sven.442 with 'wingers' like Pires and Freddie who just cant do it at CL level tell me our use of 'world class' is getting overused! Bentley shows good technical ability passing ability crossing ability and shooting ability (more than Flamini or the 'irriplaceble Gilberto) and a willingness to work.How many of those categories is Reyes, or Freddie better than him? take off the tinted glasses and re run any footage.You may be suprised that Bentley can hold his own if you break down his and their best abilities.May not be world class and can look lightweight but how much punch does Pires pack.He deserves Wenger ripping up his request (If he aint going to buy a BETTER replacement) and saying look lad you have the tools and I aint going to let you waste them even if it means trying you more central.

hollow

Le Boss summed it up perfectly. Is he better than Pires, Reyes, Ljungberg, Hleb, Bergkamp or RVP? No. You can talk about it till the cows come home, but Wenger's right.

Gurgen

Established Member
JGooner said:
How many times has Wenger described Bentley as "technically brilliant", etc?

He was probably trying to give him a boost. You never know how a player will develop, and as it has turned out Bentley isn't good enough, not te be a starter anyway, which he wants to be.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Gutted when I heard this news, but at the end of the day he aint going to be good enough.

In an ideal world we would have more home grown local lads in our team - look at how important Gerrard and Carragher are to Liverpool, Terry to Chelsea and Scholes and Neville to the mancs.

We on the other head have **** face Cole, who is a total ****.

It pisses me off when Wenger buys rubbish like Cygan, Malz, Wreh, Vivas etc etc. These guys simply cannot be any better than players in our youth team, if they are then there is something wrong.

Who knows if giving Bentley five or ten games in our first team how he would react? Surrounded by quality players might bring out his undoubted talent.

Courier

tom14 said:
Reyes is 10x the player Bentley will ever be.

On what do you base that? he is not even in the current Spain squad.10x is a big number. I'd love him to be the player we all hope he can be but so far he has failed to deliver big time and in our team how many games has Bentley been given compared to Reyes?

A

Anonymous

Reyes has scored vital goals for is in the premiership, champions league and FA cup. He has the potential to be the very best. We bought Reyes as the age of 20 other intrested clubs included Inter, Real, Barca and Chelsea. Bentley is the same age and he has been rejected by Wolves.
http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s115/s ... ?fromrss=1

Bentley has great technical ability but he lacks the required pace and work ethic to play for Arsène Wengers Arsenal.

jasonlohkh

i dont understand why people moan about bentley. it is not that wenger doesnt want him at arsenal. he is too impatient to wait for his turn. RVP doesnt feature in arsenal first 11 at the start of the season but yet he is important player to us now.
We know wenger wont rush a player into the 1st team. if he cant wait then no point keeping him here.

JGooner said:
I find it quite dazzlingly perverse that someone like Pascal Cygan, no matter how slow and crap and ponderous he is and no matter how many goals he costs us and no matter how shaky the rest of the team look when he's playing, continues to pick up 15-20 appearances a season three years after signing for us, while David Bentley has to make do with little five minute scraps thrown at him at the end of the season like last night's leftovers.

If Wenger doesn't think Bentley deserves a place ahead of RVP, Reyes (who gets a thousand year contract extension the same summer that Bentley leaves, despite spending much of last season doing f**k all with that dumb-ass smile on his face), Pires, etc, fine, but please don't bullshit us year after year about how good the academy graduates are. I remember the end of the 2003 season when we were told about Pennant, Garry, Hoyte, Bentley etc - players who it is now apparent he has no serious intention of ever integrating into the first team. Before you say Hoyte still has a chance, does he really? Isn't it far more likely that he'll get the odd appearance now and then before being farmed out on loan to some nowhere team where he will learn nothing before eventually returning and being released?

If he's not good enough and you want some pre-pubescent running dog from the Ivory Coast instead, ok, but go easy with the hype. How many times has Wenger described Bentley as "technically brilliant", etc?

Hoyte :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry but i think hes poor, hes not good enuff for a central role because hes not strong enought to hold anyone off, even smaller players give him a bit of trouble, and hes not good enough on the right as hes really poor attackingwise, hell ralph barely attacks but he can put a few balls in and actually make some sort of partnership with freddie, yes hes had more time, but i just can't see hoyte gellin in, why else do you think we got Eboue o_O :lol:

mr_arsenal

if he will go i hope for one season loan because with our midfielders he cant find a place but maybe next season

Ratinho

Established Member
You do realise that these are the interested teams, due to the big clubs agreeing with Wenger that he's not shown anything barring a couple of neat touches and a chip that Schwarzer should have got years ago, right?

Just because he's a decent young player from Arsenal, does not mean he's ever, ever, going to be anything more than that, and the interest being shown in him suggests that's the concensus across the country.

And Reyes has shown he can be brilliant against top opposition. Of course, inconsistancy can cause the fickler amongst us to rate him as s**t all of a sudden. Bentley has never shown anything that suggests he's good enough for a big club, short or long term. Fact.

Ratinho

Established Member
I wasn't especially, it's been done earlier in the thread by people for some reason. My entire point is that they are incomparable.

hth

Corny

I can think of 3 top youngsters who were 100% if there is such a thing going to play for England by 21.

Jermaine Pennant - Attitude
David Bentley - Good but again questionale motivation
David Noble - Excellent at 16 but faded away and now at Boston!

Now what do all of the young players to make the grade have? Mental strengths. Cole, Hoyte, Senderos, Flamini, Fabregas have all got that whilst you have to question those that don't, were they less talented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom