• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Isn't Rodri like only a year older than Rice, and he's very established in that team too..
2,5 years younger than Rodri. I think Rice is faster and better defensively, but Rodri the superior passer, even if Rice is no slouch. Rodri is just insane how complete he is, and still not old.

I think in 2 years time Rice can be similar level, because he is a complete midfielder too, just very young still.

Rice is proper value for money. He has contract until 2029 and has been top notch since he came, and is very durable. And he is the type that will be loyal, so will likely extend.

Topside

Good mate mine Chelsea fan, goes games and did go when they were ****, old geezer like myself. He was at the game today 2 2 Burnley, awful result v 10 men.

Caicedo price tag is wearing on him, crowd now groaning every extra touch.

Rice no one really mentions his price tag in a negative way. Im a huge fan of his seen all the best CM we have had in the flesh, PV4 don't think I will see better.

Had Brighton accepted our bid last January no way we would of got Rice.

He looks a player that relishes big games and responsibilty.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Had Brighton accepted our bid last January no way we would of got Rice.
Edu and co. don't overpay. Also with Arteta, both Caicedo and Mudryk would have been eased in, in a great environment. They can still come good, but the pressure will wear them down continuously.

Just like the pressure wore Havertz down at Chelsea. His last season was not him, it was the worst Havertz you will ever see. And he still did pretty well apart from finishing.

I do agree with @Makingtrax that there is Arteta/Arsenal luck now in play, although it's not a huge part. And the best always have Lady Fortuna next to them.

Topside

Edu and co. don't overpay. Also with Arteta, both Caicedo and Mudryk would have been eased in, in a great environment. They can still come good, but the pressure will wear them down continuously.

Just like the pressure wore Havertz down at Chelsea. His last season was not him, it was the worst Havertz you will ever see. And he still did pretty well apart from finishing.

I do agree with @Makingtrax that there is Arteta/Arsenal luck now in play, although it's not a huge part. And the best always have Lady Fortuna next to them.
Sport any top level is also about confidence.

You need a manager that pays big money to believe in you.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Offensively against these team we need bit improvement in Future
How come? We got 4 points against them and they barely created anything in 2 games against us.

Shame this forum won't acknowledge we have a fantastic team here with very little room for improvement

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
These 3 matches he's played against City highlight why he was brought here. Best midfielder on the pitch in all 3.

Really? His press resistance was absolutely abysmal today. I'm a fan but he got bossed today, albeit making up for it a bit with defensive actions

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Really? His press resistance was absolutely abysmal today. I'm a fan but he got bossed today, albeit making up for it a bit with defensive actions
His job is to prevent goals being scored. Every transitional opportunity they might have had was nullified by him. He had to carry a clearly knackered Jorginho and a drunk Partey against Rodri and KDB at home where they almost always score and almost always win and he did it masterfully. The entire team struggled with their press for most of the first half and yet created the better chances. We've taken 4 points off of them this season in large part because of Rice and what he allows us to do defensively.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How come? We got 4 points against them and they barely created anything in 2 games against us.

Shame this forum won't acknowledge we have a fantastic team here with very little room for improvement
I meant Rice can be difference maker in both areas in these type of games he well capable but so far this season made us go to another level

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
His job is to prevent goals being scored. Every transitional opportunity they might have had was nullified by him. He had to carry a clearly knackered Jorginho and a drunk Partey against Rodri and KDB at home where they almost always score and almost always win and he did it masterfully. The entire team struggled with their press for most of the first half and yet created the better chances. We've taken 4 points off of them this season in large part because of Rice and what he allows us to do defensively.

I can't argue he was very good defensively, he was. I just hoped he wouldn't be pressed off the ball so easily and look so clog footed

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah we had 27% possession today. Last time we lost 4-1 with 48% possession at etihad. Bernardo silva said last season they went man for man and we picked them off with kdb and Haaland

Today while being compact, you could see how limited he is on the ball. But he was good defensively. Ødegaard and Rice still has little connection. Rice seem to play his own gane

Ødegaard and Partey combine a lot better and the ball Ødegaard Ødegaard released trossard came from Partey finding him in the hole and play through the press. Rice just don’t see these passes

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I can't argue he was very good defensively, he was. I just hoped he wouldn't be pressed off the ball so easily and look so clog footed
He played nearly every minute of football for England over the international break. I don't understand, would you like him to look cute on the ball and we lose games or be effective which he undeniably is? You don't ask a Ferrari to drive off road and you don't ask a Jeep to win you F1 races. He's great at his actual job and he's been a driving force of us standing toe to toe with the best teams in the league in a way we haven't in 20 years.

GoonerJay24

Great defensively again but very limited footballer in possession. Doesn't matter how much fans and pundits try to portray things but this negatively affects our game.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You reckon Rice is better than Vieira then @Maybe?

Asking for @Riou
Never said that, but hope one day he can win enough for us for people to appreciate what we have in him. I find him the best DMC in football today, you guys can dissect the rest of his game and decide what fits best for you

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Never said that, but hope one day he can win enough for us for people to appreciate what we have in him. I find him the best DMC in football today, you guys can dissect the rest of his game and decide what fits best for you

I know you didn’t say that. Just wondered if because Paddy was from a prehistoric era in football you rate Rice higher.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I know you didn’t say that. Just wondered if because Paddy was from a prehistoric era in football you rate Rice higher.
I don't rate Rice higher, at least for now. Time will tell if he can make a better career with us compared to Vieira.

I said that Vieira didn't have better passing than Rice even though he was a better player, which @Riou turned into something else to get a few likes on a football forum. I've already accepted the fact that you can't compare anyone from 2002-2005 era, there is a witch hunt in place for that

Not sure what you mean by the prehistoric era in football, I absolutely loved every game from those years and we played some amazing football under Wenger, something that will be hard to repeat.

Think you guys are unfair to Rice, you are comparing someone who just started with us to someone who had Henry on his side and spent years here.

Hopefully in 5 years time we'll have a different conversation and Rice will have a CL trophy to his name, but there is not much I can say to his defense until he gets there, it's just what I believe he can achieve

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom