• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Nah camavinga is too defensive. We need a technician in there
Camavinga is more technical than any midfielder we have not named Ødegaard, at least on the ball. His passing skills probably not on the level of Jorginho either.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The thing with Lewis-Skelly is that he's got real game-breaking acceleration aswell. You don't notice how fast he is until you see him motoring away from people once he's past them. He's the perfect 6/8 we need but we need him to cook a little longer.

And yeah, Camavinga would be perfect if Madrid would ever let him go! I doubt they'd be so silly but they've let good players go before. I wouldn't mind taking another look at Manu Kone again, I haven't seen much of him this season though so I'm guessing his stock has gone down a little.
Kone been injured for a bit and Gladbach are doing catastrophically poor this season. Great profile in general but not sure we can afford another nurse back to form job in midfield

GoonerJay24

I hate seeing managers using players against their strengths. Rice isn't an 8, he's a 6 that suits a direct style or defensive counterattacking game. The issue is, Arteta opts for a possession based and short passing idea. As a 6, Rice lacks the technical toolkit and thus decision making in this type of system. I've reiterated this point all season and even before we signed him.

I actually feel sorry for Declan, he's a nice guy; but he'll be exposed eventually

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Kone been injured for a bit and Gladbach are doing catastrophically poor this season. Great profile in general but not sure we can afford another nurse back to form job in midfield
What do you make of Enzo Millot.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

For me he's a 6. We always end up missing him in some way when he's not there. It's good to have a ball playing DLP but I think Rice is the best off the ball 6 in the world and whatever he lacks in incisive distribution there it's more than made up for in complete defensive dominance.

Plus our whole left side functions better with a progressive 8 there too

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Very talented kid, nimble feet and smart for his age. Not quite the level I'd hope for us to sign though
I think it will be something like this we will sign. Someone on the up who has not arrived at the top rather than someone at the top

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I think it will be something like this we will sign. Someone on the up who has not arrived at the top rather than someone at the top
I don't mind signing a kid with potential but I don't think he can reach the very top. Excellent but not a future great ygm

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I don't mind signing a kid with potential but I don't think he can reach the very top. Excellent but not a future great ygm
If someone is excellent then that's the highest level you can reach. Choose your words wisely

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I hate seeing managers using players against their strengths. Rice isn't an 8, he's a 6 that suits a direct style or defensive counterattacking game. The issue is, Arteta opts for a possession based and short passing idea. As a 6, Rice lacks the technical toolkit and thus decision making in this type of system. I've reiterated this point all season and even before we signed him.

I actually feel sorry for Declan, he's a nice guy; but he'll be exposed eventually

I rarely read a post where every single detail and the entire narrative is entirely wrong, like 100% wrong. Well done.

Rice is going to be in the running for PL POTY and you're here pretending like he's having an average season and will be exposed or something, reality is the opposite - he'll be catered to with a midfield signing that will make him look even better once Jorgi/Partey are moved on and he clearly has the tekkers to play the role asked of him, hence his high average performance.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I rarely read a post where every single detail and the entire narrative is entirely wrong, like 100% wrong. Well done.

Rice is going to be in the running for PL POTY and you're here pretending like he's having an average season and will be exposed or something, reality is the opposite - he'll be catered to with a midfield signing that will make him look even better once Jorgi/Partey are moved on and he clearly has the tekkers to play the role asked of him, hence his high average performance.
Rice is gonna be in the running for pl poty due to media push. He hasn’t even been our best midfielder

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Rice is gonna be in the running for pl poty due to media push. He hasn’t even been our best midfielder
You're lying. Rice has been our best midfielder this season. Ødegaard was out of form in the first half of the season. Jorginho didn't come into the team until November. Partey has been unavailable. ESR and Vieira have barely featured this season. And Havertz was so poor in midfield, that Arteta had to play him at CF to salvage something. Leave the trolling to Scott Steiner.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You're lying. Rice has been our best midfielder this season. Ødegaard was out of form in the first half of the season. Jorginho didn't come into the team until November. Partey has been unavailable. ESR and Vieira have barely featured this season. And Havertz was so poor in midfield, that Arteta had to play him at CF to salvage something. Leave the trolling to Scott Steiner.
No you are actually lying. Ødegaard first part of the season had many good games. The team was unbalanced and Rice was part of it. We got better as a team when Arteta accepted Rice can’t as deep-lying midfielder as he is too limited on the ball and Ødegaard suffered as he was plays with too limited ball players in rice and Havertz. This forced us to use Jorginho to get actual midfield combination on

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
He gave Goretzka his best game in recent time. Made Laimer look competent too.

So Rice as a lone 6 = no build up, extra shift for Ødegaard, made worse when Havertz LCM takes place too

Rice left 8 = doesn't work in Europe, we get cooked in transitions because Jorginho has no legs and Partey is old. Rice best attribute (ball winning/stopping transitions) not utilised well when facing teams with runners.

Only option is Rice Lone 6, and sign an elite creator to mask his lack of build up play. Make Rice sit in front of the team.

Goretzka someone who bayern fans were sick off seeing.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He gave Goretzka his best game in recent time. Made Laimer look competent too.

So Rice as a lone 6 = no build up, extra shift for Ødegaard, made worse when Havertz LCM takes place too

Rice left 8 = doesn't work in Europe, we get cooked in transitions because Jorginho has no legs and Partey is old. Rice best attribute (ball winning/stopping transitions) not utilised well when facing teams with runners.

Only option is Rice Lone 6, and sign an elite creator to mask his lack of build up play. Make Rice sit in front of the team.

Goretzka someone who bayern fans were sick off seeing.
Exactly he was poor yesterday and could have done so much better for Gnabry goal. He is a very good destroyer we paid over 100 million for. He was kinda exposed last night

SteveEvets

Two questions:

1. Who should we have signed instead this past summer?

2. We are currently top of the league with 7 games to go, top scorers and fewest conceded. We are in the Champions League QF with a 50/50 chance of going through. We have looked the part in every big game this season whereas last season we were clearly a step short.

Would we be in the same position or better had we had signed the player from question 1, given for most of the season he would have had to cope with no consistency from the other midfield role? (Xhaka left, Partey constant injury, Havertz a square peg)

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Two questions:

1. Who should we have signed instead this past summer?

2. We are currently top of the league with 7 games to go, top scorers and fewest conceded. We are in the Champions League QF with a 50/50 chance of going through. We have looked the part in every big game this season whereas last season we were clearly a step short.

Would we be in the same position or better had we had signed the player from question 1, given for most of the season he would have had to cope with no consistency from the other midfield role? (Xhaka left, Partey constant injury, Havertz a square peg)
You're not going to get a proper answer. There are some people that just want to be contrarians because someone in their early development led them to believe it's a mark of intelligence rather than boring and tedious in the face of overwhelming evidence.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Kante is a great comparison tbh. It's not a coincidence that guy won everything in football.

Genuine shout for the most underrated player in the history of football, dead serious. Won the league with ****ing Leicester, then Chelsea + CL and won the world cup, playing a pivotal role in all of it.

This is spot on.

Kante is the GOAT. Guy just made teams win trophies end of. Hypothetically if he were to be at the base of midfield of say a fantasy AM euros draft team and that team didn’t end up winning the whole thing I would say the game was rigged, wouldn’t you @Rex Stone ?

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško is the club’s number one target this summer [John Cross - The Mirror]

Any move for Bruno Guimaraes or Douglas Luiz depends on the departure of Thomas Partey [Sami Mokbel - The Mail]

Latest posts

Top Bottom