• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
His highest goal tally was also scored during lockdown. I don't think he has it in him to kick on.

I agree, I'd be surprised if he is anything more than your average PL striker, he wont be the worst in the league, kind of like a Carlton Cole etc, will have spells of being above his level but short lived.

The quoted fee's involved I would go nowhere near if it was my choice.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I think Toney is a better player. Can do everything DCL can do, but also is a lot better with the ball at his feet.
This is sort of where I'm at as well. DCL has a couple of strengths over Toney in that he's naturally quicker and taller with a big jump; also a couple of years younger with a better (PL) goal scoring rate.

But put that aside and I think Toney has a bit more to his game. DCL is quite one dimensional.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is sort of where I'm at as well. DCL has a couple of strengths over Toney in that he's naturally quicker and taller with a big jump; also a couple of years younger with a better (PL) goal scoring rate.

But put that aside and I think Toney has a bit more to his game. DCL is quite one dimensional.
I’m just gone off him cause he likes to wear womens clothes. If we gonna have a striker wearing woman’s clothes, just play Miedema. Much better goalscorer

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I actually quite like DCL as well but you have to be a bit concerned by him after this season. If you can get him on the cheap then he's worth a punt but I don't think he's ever good enough go be a bona-fide starter at a top club. We missed a trick not going for Tammy last summer imo.

Barry

I’m just gone off him cause he likes to wear womens clothes. If we gonna have a striker wearing woman’s clothes, just play Miedema. Much better goalscorer
Miedema has been amazing for our ladies team, I'm appreciating the shout out to her, however tongue in cheek it is.

Barry

I actually quite like DCL as well but you have to be a bit concerned by him after this season. If you can get him on the cheap then he's worth a punt but I don't think he's ever good enough go be a bona-fide starter at a top club. We missed a trick not going for Tammy last summer imo.
It kind of sounded like they were up for bringing Tammy in but wanted to off load Laca first which never happened.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still wouldn't mind him, tbh...Arteta just wants a hard working target man, think he would do well with the players we have here.

Would have preferred Tammy though, shame we missed out on him.

Could definitely see Toney embarrassing the club at some point if we got him, him filming himself wearing a Sp**s shirt and saying "Arsenal are ****" feels inevitable...good player though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No rumors should be taken seriously it's still April we already been told he is in list of strikers that we want.

I still unsure about him he look awful this season not sure if it's mentality or he just want to leave Everton.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No rumors should be taken seriously it's still April we already been told he is in list of strikers that we want.

I still unsure about him he look awful this season not sure if it's mentality or he just want to leave Everton.
I mean his season was blighted by injuries. Kind of hard to come back from basically missing 20 PL games in a row from recurring injuries. He needs a pre season and to come back refreshed mentally and physically. If Everton stay up, him leaving would be a poor move for all parties I think. He needs somewhere stable, and if he moves after a season like this to a bigger side he could flop.

I would take Toney in a heartbeat over DCL.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I mean his season was blighted by injuries. Kind of hard to come back from basically missing 20 PL games in a row from recurring injuries. He needs a pre season and to come back refreshed mentally and physically. If Everton stay up, him leaving would be a poor move for all parties I think. He needs somewhere stable, and if he moves after a season like this to a bigger side he could flop.

I would take Toney in a heartbeat over DCL.
I watched him yesterday and he look so worse than laca 😂 it need some effort to be that bad i understand his injuries this season not helping but also mentally he look done at Everton clearly he don't want to be there. Toney is good but again a striker who not score many.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I watched him yesterday and he look so worse than laca 😂 it need some effort to be that bad i understand his injuries this season not helping but also mentally he look done at Everton clearly he don't want to be there. Toney is good but again a striker who not score many.

Injuries have absolutely ruined my guy already.

His best attributes used to be pressing and having a crazy hang time on his jumps but he couldn’t do them yesterday.

He’s not got it right now though. Looked a shadow of himself.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Injuries have absolutely ruined my guy already.

His best attributes used to be pressing and having a crazy hang time on his jumps but he couldn’t do them yesterday.

He’s not got it right now though. Looked a shadow of himself.
Yes he was no competing for tackles or headers. Early to write him off

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
for me its still early to write him off he years old can easily back to last season form. the issue for us is we can't wait for that we need someone ready.
I remember Walcott hiding after his injury snd Michael Owen saying how things changed for him after a bad injury. It may be right on time to write him off. I've never rated him tbh

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom