• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Barnet vs Arsenal | 17/07/05

patrick42uk

Established Member
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Art ... ?id=292267

barca paid 7 million a couple of years back for him. he was highly rated in france then. wenger doesnt really like spending on the defence but this guy does fit the wenger typical signing profile in that he had the potential but has stagnated.

i'm sure many would be against this, and i can understand why but i'm somewhat glad that wenger is considering adding bodies to the center of defence. i'm not convinced by senderos yet, nor do i have 100% faith is sol's ability to stay fit.

OoDy

Yes I noticed a new face at defence.. I Really hope it`s not that Ex-Barca Player Philippe Christanval!

asajoseph

Established Member
It is Philipe Christanval - who I think could be a top signing, if he can stay fit. Not primarily as a starter, but he'd provide some much needed cover in a position where we are a little thin.

patrick42uk

Established Member
pire has played cm for us before. against birmigham away 2 seasons ago for instance when we had all those suspensions. whats more interesting is that hleb is wide. i nver once believed wenger would use him central. he will do what fabregas did at the back end of last season whilst playing wide. we dont need a right winger if it is wenger's intention to stick with his 4-4-2, which is more 4-2-2-2

Christanval thats a surprise. Could be a nice squad addition certainly a improvement on cygan but not in the starting line up. Would not be a against him signing and some wenger majic on him to reignite his career.

Any news on half time subs yet?

asajoseph

Established Member
It is Philipe Christanval - who I think could be a top signing, if he can stay fit. Not primarily as a starter, but he'd provide some much needed cover in a position where we are a little thin.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A Danish (i think) striker we have in our youth and reserve teams. A bit bulky but scores a lot for a 17 year old.

Wenger14

Established Member
didn't we win 10-1 last season? dam hoppe we aren't gonna be only half as good this season hehe

kel varnsen

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
pire has played cm for us before. against birmigham away 2 seasons ago for instance when we had all those suspensions. whats more interesting is that hleb is wide. i nver once believed wenger would use him central. he will do what fabregas did at the back end of last season whilst playing wide. we dont need a right winger if it is wenger's intention to stick with his 4-4-2, which is more 4-2-2-2

well, it is said hleb played more in the middle in the 2nd half. besides, it really doesn't matter if pires or plays in central midfield. both of them could do the job and i suspect they would switch positions many times throughout a match.

besides, why did you never believe wenger would use him central? you do know that central midfield is his prefered position and what he is most used to...?

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom