• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Barnet vs Arsenal | 17/07/05

famous no 10

Established Member
Allyboy said:
Just back, had a good day, did anyone else hear the anti Ashley Cole chants? I swear there were some right be behind the goal we scored our goals in!

Got Henry's autograph and took pics of several of the players.

Might do a more in depth report later.

The anti-Cole chants are just not helpful really...I mean, i feel similar in that I'm annoyed with him, and think he's a greedy little c**t etc etc, but what if he stays? Surely this will knock his confidence.

I'd never boo any Arsenal player while their still at the club.

Henry IV

Christanval? :shock: I couldn't believe that when I read it. I've always thought he was a good player who was struggling to fulfill his potential. Wenger slipped him in quietly. It'll be interesting to see if he makes the grade for Arsenal. If so it'll give us extra options at centre-back.

asajoseph

Established Member
Well, even if it doesn't work out for Christanval, at least it shows that Wenger recognises that we can do with some cover at the back.

Which is great news for me :D

Allyboy

Established Member
Entrance to Underhill

Warm up

Kick off

Henry scores penalty

Full time

Cygan

Jose and Ralph

Flamini

The scrum to get Henry's autograph

Hleb

Stokes

Lupoli

Eboue

New Keeper

Ricey

Hoyte

Wenger

Le Bob

Dein and his Spivmoblie

jester

Established Member
i was at the end were we scored our goals and heard no anti cole chants at all. most chants were for henry and dennis, with some bobby. no unusual chants that i could hear

Spike

Established Member
Sorry, my bad. Seems like you had a great 'view' then. :)

In the second half, you must have got a good look at that new keeper we bought - Vito Mannone, what can you tell us about him?

Canuck

Established Member
Cheers for the pics Allyboy

:lol: Not the most flattering pic of Lupoli looking spastic.

Is Dein's car an RX-8 or does he drive British ? (Aston Martin maybe?)

Allyboy

Established Member
Spike said:
Sorry, my bad. Seems like you had a great 'view' then. :)

In the second half, you must have got a good look at that new keeper we bought - Vito Mannone, what can you tell us about him?

Most Italian looking person I have ever seen, looks a bit like Roberto from Big Brother!

Looked fairly composed but had little to do, the goal he had no chance on.

koivu

Nice pics Ally!

When did you take that pic of Dein? I saw him at that same spot at about 2:30 pm before we entered the ground.

velimir85

Nice pre-season news and some nice pics by Allyboy :wink: Let's keep this scoreline throughout the season :D

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Great pics....it really does make me wish I had to money to get to England for a few weeks to see these players up clsoe.

David Bentley is in the Eboue pic also, at the back. Cant wait to see what impact he has.

Jinn

Established Member
Which means nothing, because Hleb was playing RM. Hoyte was playing LB and wore 3.

I have just watched the highlights of the match, and I have to say, Hleb looks pretty good. He seems to be a master at passing the short, quick, incisive pass - a strength which will be very good for us next season. I think he'll do quite well, and from the looks of it, provide a more Pires-like option on the right wing.

mood

I'd prefer Hleb in the centre because his defensive/ball winning abilities are better than Pires.

Mark

Established Member
I imagine Wenger will experiment and rotate them around. I definetly don't think Pires has what it takes to play in the centre anymore.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom