• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Georgios Samaras

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddharth

I"d have liked Samaras or Zigic but i don't see Wenger buying another striker when we already have Henry , Van Persie , Adebayor and reyes who can play upfront too. Also Lupoli and Bendtner may be ready in 2008.

thegame24

Established Member
we should have room i dont classify reyes as striker, yes he can play up there but not really effectiv in driving forward.

Gurgen

Established Member
No, he was ****e there last night right wasn't he, as opposed to his performances on the left wing? :roll:

brianfrance

Established Member
Gurgen said:
No, he was s***e there last night right wasn't he, as opposed to his performances on the left wing? :roll:

good one :lol: Man City or anyone else its too late anyway. Wenger stated that it would have been a mistake to bring in an experienced striker last summer because persie wouldn't have played a lot. So he's bought adebayor, a young one. There's definitely no more room for strikers (especially if we get walcott who will need game time to develop)

thegame24

Established Member
reyes was not upfront against boro

I saw the full ****ing game, most of the time he was doing the job ljungberg was meant to be doing on the right wing.

TheEconomist

Established Member
Heerenveen revealed on Monday that Stuart Pearce's City had expressed interest in the forward, with the Dutch outfit suggesting a deal could be concluded swiftly.

The striker's father Giannis has told skysports.com that he is just waiting for the two clubs to agree a fee for his son.

"There is an agreement between Manchester City and Georgios, but we have to wait for the agreement between the two clubs," Giannis Samaras told skysports.com.

"Today (Monday) there were talks between the officials of the two clubs. Manchester City made an offer to Heerenveen of €7.5 million (£5.1 million), but Heerenveen ask for €10 million (£6.85 million)."

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... tball_home

doesnt look like much chance of us getting him now

phonics

i'm ****ing glad we're not signing now, 7 million thats what we paid for Ade who actually gives us something different

f4evo

west ham were the only other club(as far to my knowledge) who wanted to sign adebayor too, isn that a bit worrying?

Arsenal_FAN1983

Samaras will give us something different as well, although if its a choice between Samaras and Walcott its got to be Walcott.

Samaras is a good player with very good techical skills, something greek players rarely have. He has scored 7 goals in Holland and he is capable of scoring in the Premiership, I think he will become a star one day.

phonics

f4evo said:
west ham were the only other club(as far to my knowledge) who wanted to sign adebayor too, isn that a bit worrying?

yeah and real madrid/ac were following him earlier than that but then he had an argument with deschamps and they automaticaly assumed "bad attitude" and didn't sign him. I think the madrid has to do with the fact he'd never sell a t-shirt actually.

maradonad2g

I dont think he's ready for the english league just yet i think that was wengers worry seeing as samaras was mostly used as a super sub before this season

Ratinho

Established Member
Most threads just drift away with no further interest in them, assuming no-one bumps them back up for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom