• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Bergkamp's son-in-law is only marginally better too 😢. I know Dennis feels lonely at family dinner table.
Hahha good old Bergkamp. Must be brutal at the family dinner table for Donny, Dennis won’t hold back. I remember when he was assistent to Bosz at Ajax he told him he had no top level playing experience. Bosz responded that he played at feyenoord. And Dennis just shrugged and said “exactly”. And that was to basically his boss, Donny must have been suffering worse not getting a game for United.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Hahha good old Bergkamp. Must be brutal at the family dinner table for Donny, Dennis won’t hold back. I remember when he was assistent to Bosz at Ajax he told him he had no top level playing experience. Bosz responded that he played at feyenoord. And Dennis just shrugged and said “exactly”. And that was to basically his boss, Donny must have been suffering worse not getting a game for United.
I'm sure Dennis is a loving father who won't upset his daughter, but that blue eyed death stare must hurt. The Dennis generation of Dutch players could start a fight in an empty room.
Back to Ode, I wonder if he's had a chat with Cesc at the training ground. His improvement has been in mentality as much as anything

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Best player in the league right now?

I think he wins POTS in the PL if we manage to win the league. Unless they give it to Haaland just because of the goals (but IMO if a less favoured side wins the league, you gotta give it to one of their players).
Ødegaard has been the better player. Haaland better goalscorer. For me if Martin continues like this it isn't in question.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Ødegaard has been the better player. Haaland better goalscorer. For me if Martin continues like this it isn't in question.
Yeah I see that but if Haaland ends up breaking the PL record for goals in a season (which he will surely do), it may be a tough one for the decision makers. Especially as everyone seems to kiss City's ass.

But I am all for giving POTS to the biggest contributors and completely disregarding status or headlines or stats. For example, I think Gundogan should have won it when he completely blitzed City to the title.

Kysus

Insane how good he has become.

Not only is he an old school 10 with elite touch, passing, vision and the ability to control the the tempo of the game but he also presses, fights and tackles like a modern 8.

Buhry

Established Member

Yeah I see that but if Haaland ends up breaking the PL record for goals in a season (which he will surely do), it may be a tough one for the decision makers. Especially as everyone seems to kiss City's ass.

But I am all for giving POTS to the biggest contributors and completely disregarding status or headlines or stats. For example, I think Gundogan should have won it when he completely blitzed City to the title.

Well if we win the league and Martin gets like 13-15 goals and like 10+ assists or something while generally being our offensive engine like he has been while Haaland gets for example 33 goals then I think Martin gets it.
Think Haaland needs to get 35+ in that case, since he started so hot and he really only scores goals and City are seen to be underperforming right now, some people even questioning if he's made them a worse overall team.

Early days though but Martin looks so good right now. As a Norwegian myself it is incredible to watch. He really did look like a world class talent when he broke through at like 15 in our top division, but now he plays like a world class senior player at the highest level. Combining that flair and confidence he's always had on the ball with great work rate and end product as well.

If our National team can't make it to the next euros and world cup with these 2 in the squad i'll be incredibly dissapointed (we haven't been to either in 22 years!)

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Haaland is obviously a machine but you'd have to say Ødegaard's impact on Arsenals league position / form has been more than Haaland's at Man City.

Haaland is a great goalscorer but they're arguably a poorer side with him leading the line as compared to the false 9 stuff last season.

If Arsenal win the PL and Ødegaard keeps up his form I don't think Ødegaard vs Haaland for player of the season is even a debate tbh.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Haaland is obviously a machine but you'd have to say Ødegaard's impact on Arsenals league position / form has been more than Haaland's at Man City.

Haaland is a great goalscorer but they're arguably a poorer side with him leading the line as compared to the false 9 stuff last season.

If Arsenal win the PL and Ødegaard keeps up his form I don't think Ødegaard vs Haaland for player of the season is even a debate tbh.
And yet, put them together in the Norwegian national team, and watch how Norway gets hammered 5-0 by Lichtenstein. Unreal.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
And yet, put them together in the Norwegian national team, and watch how Norway gets hammered 5-0 by Lichtenstein. Unreal.

Not to be rude but how rubbish are your other 9 players? :lol:

With those two and 9 average players you should be qualifying for every Euro's / WC for the next decade really.

StefanB

We have Elyounoussi. He's pretty good. The rest makes bang average an unattainable ideal....

He's okey. Compared to the rest (excluding Ødegaard and Håland). Kristoffer Ajer is also pretty decent, but we're really lacking in quality in general.

Too bad about Sander Berge, who I thought was going to be a very good player. He hasn't really devloped at all, and looks worse now than he did 2-3 seasons ago.

We might have 2 of the top players in the Premier League at the moment, but Norway is such a consistently bad team. Our choice in coaches are also one of the reasons why we're even worse than we should be in my opinion..

Buhry

Established Member

Is he one of the best technical players in the league? I feel like he's up there

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom