• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Best player in the league right now?

I think he wins POTS in the PL if we manage to win the league. Unless they give it to Haaland just because of the goals (but IMO if a less favoured side wins the league, you gotta give it to one of their players).
To me he isn't even the best midfielder on our team. Don't get me wrong, I rate Ødegaard highly and think he is having a great season, especially now that he has added goals to his game, but for me the MVP for us so far this season has been Partey. He really is world class!

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
To me he isn't even the best midfielder on our team. Don't get me wrong, I rate Ødegaard highly and think he is having a great season, especially now that he has added goals to his game, but for me the MVP for us so far this season has been Partey. He really is world class!
I believe Partey and Xhaka have both been as vital as Ødegaard for the team. It's pretty clear Xhaka is the leader of the team and Partey is the most important player cause no one else can come close to what he brings on and off the ball in his position. I believe Ode and Saka are filling that talisman-ic role for the team (Jesus was filling that role earlier in the season).

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Is he one of the best technical players in the league? I feel like he's up there
He is definitely up there with the best of them. I don't think you can name 10 players in the whole league more technically gifted than him.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Wendy Williams Icon GIF by Stevie

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I believe Partey and Xhaka have both been as vital as Ødegaard for the team. It's pretty clear Xhaka is the leader of the team and Partey is the most important player cause no one else can come close to what he brings on and off the ball in his position. I believe Ode and Saka are filling that talisman-ic role for the team (Jesus was filling that role earlier in the season).
Its hard to separate them in terms of their importance. Obviously Ødegaard's goals this season are assisting his cause in being hailed as the best player in the PL by the media. All that is clear is that we have the best midfield in the PL currently.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

0120_OdegaardDeal-scaled.jpg

Daniel Taylor
Jan 21, 2023

The man in charge of Manchester City’s transfer business had a choice to make. Did he tell the truth? Or did he say something that was untrue because he knew, ultimately, it might work out better for City that way?

Sitting opposite him was a fresh-faced Martin Ødegaard, just turned 16 and already a Norway international. The boy was with his parents, Hans and Lene. The scene was City’s training ground and everything, it seemed, was going swimmingly.

It was late 2014 and Txiki Begiristain, City’s director of football, was hosting Ødegaard at a time when almost every elite club in Europe wanted the player who, eight years on, captains Arsenal in their bid to become Premier League champions.

Manchester United were on that list and, never reported until now, their manager, Louis van Gaal, flew to Norway to try to persuade Ødegaard that Old Trafford was the best choice. Ødegaard had already spent time with United as a 14-year-old, training for three days in their academy. A year on, the scouting reports were so impressive United took a top-level decision that there was no need to offer him a trial. They just wanted to sign him.

But City had a plan of their own. They were managed at the time by Manuel Pellegrini but already had Pep Guardiola prominently in their thoughts. It was Begiristain’s job to make Project Pep happen and, within a year, everything had been put in place. Ødegaard, the wunderkind of Norway, was viewed as ideal for Guardiola’s way of playing.

He had been shown around City’s village-sized training complex, because how could that not impress him? He had heard from Begiristain about their vision to dominate English football. The money was good because, with City, it always is.

But the player’s father had a question. Real Madrid, he said, had promised his son would go straight into their first-team squad and train with the Galacticos. So could City offer the same?

That was the moment when Begiristain knew the whole deal hinged on his reply. Did he try to pull the wool over their eyes? Or did he tell the truth?

“I could make the same promise as Real Madrid,” he said. “But I have to be honest with you and, realistically, it is going to take longer.”

Ten out of 10 for honesty. The bottom line, however, is that it had consequences for City.

“We had him in the building but we couldn’t make it happen,” says one City executive, speaking on condition of anonymity. “We thought it was close. But you can be close in football and also a mile apart. The truth had to be told and the truth in this instance was not what they wanted to hear.”

Eight years on, City should not beat themselves up too badly about missing out on the player who, at 15 years and 253 days, had become Norway’s youngest international.

Kevin De Bruyne joined the following summer. Ilkay Gundogan has shown why Guardiola wanted him as his first signing. Bernardo Silva has not done too shabbily since he arrived a year later.

Still, though, it is tempting to think Guardiola might have a few regrets when it comes to the player who, perhaps more than anyone, is inspiring Arsenal’s attempts to depose City as Premier League champions.

GettyImages-1456861878-scaled.jpg

Ødegaard is hoping to end the season as a Premier League-winning captain (Photo by Visionhaus/Getty Images)

Not that Guardiola is alone on that front. All the major clubs were chasing Ødegaard after his breakthrough with Stromsgodset in Norway’s Eliteserien. He had offers from all over Europe and, before making up his mind, he and his family embarked on a tour of the relevant cities and stadiums — the superstar footballer’s equivalent of university open days.

Erling Haaland did something similar before moving from Borussia Dortmund to City last summer. With Ødegaard, however, it is always worth bearing in mind his age. His father, in particular, had a considerable say. He and Ødegaard made it a condition that he wanted to learn from the best by training with the elite players — or there was no deal to be had.

The right decision? Van Gaal is on record saying it was a mistake. Ødegaard, he said, needed the “best education” and Madrid was not that place.

So, was United? Ødegaard and his family talked at length to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the club’s most successful Norwegian. But United encountered the same issue as City.

In an email exchange with The Athletic, Van Gaal recalls part of the conversations. “His (Ødegaard’s) management wanted him to train with the ‘A’ team if I remember correctly… after that, I did not hear or see anything of him.”

Barcelona were keen and that appealed to Ødegaard bearing in mind he had grown up, like many boys his age, with posters on his bedroom walls of the team’s most famous player.

It was a unique selling point for Barca. They had the sunshine and the allure of Camp Nou, but nothing was more attractive for prospective signings than being offered the chance to play alongside Lionel Messi.

Ødegaard was shown around by Andoni Zubizarreta, then Barca’s director of football. There was a tour of the stadium and an invitation, three days after his 16th birthday, to watch Messi in action.

On December 20, 2014, Luis Enrique’s team had a game in la Liga against Cordoba. Messi scored two in a 5-0 win. It was a peacock-like spreading of Barca’s feathers. They were on their way to the Spanish title and, watching in the stands, Ødegaard took it all in.

GettyImages-460715828-scaled.jpg

Lionel Messi’s masterclass in 2014 against Cordoba took place in front of a watching Martin Ødegaard (Photo: David Ramos/Getty Images)

Unfortunately for him, Barcelona had also been given a 14-month transfer ban for breaching FIFA’s rules on the recruitment of players under the age of 18. That meant they could not sign anybody throughout the whole of 2015 and that counted against them. Even at such a young age, Ødegaard did not want to put his career on pause.

Madrid, on the other hand, had their own, simple way of seducing prospective new signings: presenting their offer in the room where they displayed their record haul of European Cups.

Madrid had just ended their long, obsessive wait for ‘La Decima’, their 10th European Cup. It was the team of Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Luka Modric, managed by Carlo Ancelotti. Of course Ødegaard was keen. Of course he wanted to pull on that silky white shirt and imagine getting his hands on that trophy.

It was not until the autumn of 2019 that another detail, initially unreported, came out via Football Leaks, amid its stream of revelations about the financial secrets of Europe’s top clubs.

Ødegaard’s father had been offered a job coaching Madrid’s under-11s. Hans, a former footballer himself with Stromsgodset and Sandefjord, had been the assistant manager at Mjondalen in Norway’s second division. He accepted Madrid’s offer and, on the day his son put pen to paper, signed his own three-year contract.

This happens in football, especially at the highest end of the sport, where it is a common ploy for clubs to offer jobs to family members.

There was, however, one detail of the Football Leaks story that jumped off the page: Ødegaard Sr’s contract was allegedly worth £2.7million ($3.5m) — roughly 10 times what would ordinarily be expected for a job of that nature.

GettyImages-462988228-scaled.jpg

Martin Ødegaard was largely restricted to appearances for Real Madrid’s B team (Photo: Denis Doyle/Getty Images)

As it turned out, Ødegaard eventually came to realise that Van Gaal was correct: maybe Madrid was not the best place for him, after all.

It felt right at the time, though, and Madrid tried everything to put themselves in a favourable position. A private jet was sent to Norway to pick up the Ødegaard family. Florentino Perez, the Madrid president, was waiting at the Bernabeu and, midway through their first meeting, there was a knock at the door. Zinedine Zidane walked in.

Zidane introduced himself and told Ødegaard he had been looking forward to meeting him. He said he had heard all about his talent and would personally be involved in his development. For Ødegaard, it was exactly what he wanted to hear.

The deal cost Madrid an initial £3.5million, with roughly the same in add-ons, and the player signed a three-year contract. Financially, it was life-changing. It just quickly became apparent it was not going to work out the way Ødegaard had anticipated. Madrid already had Modric, Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Sami Khedira, James Rodriguez and Isco. Ancelotti left the Bernabeu at the end of the season and his replacement, Rafa Benitez, also had no room for a player who was still too young to buy a bottle of Estrella in Plaza Mayor.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Ødegaard trained during the week with Ronaldo, Bale and all the big hitters, but played for Castilla, the B team, and found the pathway blocked to the first team. It was an unorthodox arrangement and it did not always go down well with some Castilla players. Zidane was the manager but he, too, seemed uncertain of Ødegaard after replacing Benitez the following year. Increasingly peripheral, Ødegaard made only 11 first-team appearances in six years with Madrid, spending season-long loans at Dutch clubs Heerenveen and Vitesse, as well as a similar arrangement with Real Sociedad.

GettyImages-524659046-scaled.jpg

Ødegaard trained with Real Madrid’s senior players but his first-team opportunities were limited (Photo: NurPhoto/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

All of which brought him back full circle to Arsenal, bearing in mind the London club, then managed by Arsène Wenger, were among the other stops on Ødegaard’s 2014 tour.

“I always remember getting a call from one of the people in Arsenal’s recruitment department,” Jan Age Fjortoft, then Norway’s general team manager, recalls of the time. “He asked me, ‘Do you know this Martin Ødegaard?’. I said, ‘This is a coincidence — I’m on my way to see him as we speak because he is playing today against Valengera in Oslo’. That was the first time I saw Ødegaard play. After 15 minutes, I called the Arsenal guy again. ‘This guy is amazing’, I said. ‘I’ve never seen anything like it’.”

Wenger saw him as Arsenal’s future. At a lot of the clubs Ødegaard visited, he was shown around by boardroom executives. Wenger decided to get involved personally. He even took Ødegaard out for dinner. “I really liked him,” Wenger said in an interview with Norway’s TV2 channel last month. “The way he analyses the game now, he also did that as a 15-year-old. I was desperate to sign him. Fortunately, he is there (at Arsenal) now. He really is like a young Cesc Fabregas… the complete player.”

According to Ødegaard’s father, there were offers from more than 30 clubs. Ajax thought they were close. Roma had a stab at it. Celtic were another one, under the management of Ronny Deila, who had given Ødegaard his debut for Stromsgodset.

Chelsea, perhaps surprisingly, did not join in. “I have heard a lot about him,” their manager, Jose Mourinho, said at the time. “I have read that he will be going to 25 clubs. We are not in a position to compete with 25 other clubs for him. We are a different profile.”

Liverpool, managed then by Brendan Rodgers, did push hard, though. Ødegaard and his father were Liverpool fans and there were obvious attractions about moving to Anfield.

As for Ødegaard’s admirers in Germany, Borussia Monchengladbach optimistically made a pitch. Stuttgart arranged a visit of their own and it was inevitable that Bayern Munich were involved.

Bayern, in fact, were among the first clubs to give Ødegaard the red-carpet treatment while he was still 14. Ødegaard spent four days training with the Bayern academy but, for reasons never fully explained, flew back to Norway without receiving an offer.

In the following year, as the hype went up and up, that became a major issue at the top of the club. Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Bayern’s chairman, wanted an explanation. The most successful club in Germany knew they had missed out on a rare talent.

At least one person within the Ødegaard circle has referred to it as a mistake on the part of Michael Tarnat, then the sporting director for Bayern’s youth team. The Athletic has been told there was an inquest behind the scenes involving all of the Bayern hierarchy, including their manager at the time… Pep Guardiola.

Ødegaard was invited to Bayern for a second time in 2014 and Rummenigge was determined to make up for what had happened. Ødegaard, he said, was “a beautiful bride”. Bayern hoped to be the “fortunate groom”.

Fjortoft, who won 71 caps for Norway and regularly gave advice to the Ødegaard family, recalls a chance meeting around this time with Guardiola in Qatar. “He came over with his finger pointing — typical Pep Guardiola — and he pointed at my chest, ‘Get him to Bayern! Get him to Bayern! I will make him the best player in the world’.

“We were amazed. I’d said hello to Pep before but I’d never met him properly. I was thinking what to say because I didn’t have that influence over Martin. I said to Pep, ‘But we have a problem, don’t we? You will probably leave Bayern soon’. It’s funny, when I remember how keen Arsenal were to get Martin last year, I wonder whether part of it was Mikel Arteta’s connection with Pep (as Guardiola’s former assistant at City) and that meant there was something in his reference book.”

Borussia Dortmund were also on the scene and, on the morning of November 9, 2014, their manager, Jurgen Klopp, spent an hour with Ødegaard, trying to sell the club to him.

Dortmund had a game that day against Gladbach but Klopp broke away from his players to show Ødegaard how serious he was about signing him. Ødegaard was invited to watch Dortmund win 1-0 and experience the crowd noise of the Yellow Wall, the Westfalenstadion’s mammoth south terrace, for the first time. He was impressed — just not impressed enough, and Klopp was “extremely disappointed” not to clinch the deal.

“You can only imagine how many talents — huge talents, crazy talents — I have seen over the course of quite a while in this industry,“ he said. ”At the time, Martin was 15 and already playing in the Eliteserien in Norway. The whole world went berserk.

“We had a long conversation, together with his father. Maybe I was too honest. I told him he was still a boy, he was still going to school, all these things. We wanted to create an environment where he could grow and develop.

“If you compare the city of Dortmund and the city of Madrid, I would perhaps have made the same decision. But I would have loved it if he had signed for us.”

Klopp has never held a grudge judging by the warm embrace he shared with Ødegaard after Liverpool’s visit to Arsenal last season.

It has not been an orthodox story and Ødegaard, now 24, has kept everyone waiting to see all that rich potential flower fully. But for Arsenal, enjoying the view from the top of the league, it has been worth the wait.

“Martin ended up with a shortlist of four: Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Arsenal and Liverpool,” says Fjortoft. “He was 16 when he made his decision and I remember telling him, ‘Martin, when I was your age I couldn’t move out of my house’.

“A lot of clubs wanted him and some of the personalities he met — I won’t name names — didn’t make a good impression. One of the high-profile ones didn’t make a good impression at all. That’s why that club was straight out of the door.

“The main reason he went to Real Madrid was, first of all, it’s Real Madrid, the holy grail for a lot of footballers. And, secondly, they had a second team, managed by Zinedine Zidane. Martin needed the best college and Real Madrid was Harvard, with Zidane as one of the most famous professors in his class, which was called the second team.

“I remember the reaction from Bayern when they heard one of the reasons he had chosen Madrid was because they had a second team. Their head of sport, Michael Reschke, said to me, ‘If I had known that, we would have made a second team just for him’.”

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
0120_OdegaardDeal-scaled.jpg

Daniel Taylor
Jan 21, 2023

The man in charge of Manchester City’s transfer business had a choice to make. Did he tell the truth? Or did he say something that was untrue because he knew, ultimately, it might work out better for City that way?

Sitting opposite him was a fresh-faced Martin Ødegaard, just turned 16 and already a Norway international. The boy was with his parents, Hans and Lene. The scene was City’s training ground and everything, it seemed, was going swimmingly.

It was late 2014 and Txiki Begiristain, City’s director of football, was hosting Ødegaard at a time when almost every elite club in Europe wanted the player who, eight years on, captains Arsenal in their bid to become Premier League champions.

Manchester United were on that list and, never reported until now, their manager, Louis van Gaal, flew to Norway to try to persuade Ødegaard that Old Trafford was the best choice. Ødegaard had already spent time with United as a 14-year-old, training for three days in their academy. A year on, the scouting reports were so impressive United took a top-level decision that there was no need to offer him a trial. They just wanted to sign him.

But City had a plan of their own. They were managed at the time by Manuel Pellegrini but already had Pep Guardiola prominently in their thoughts. It was Begiristain’s job to make Project Pep happen and, within a year, everything had been put in place. Ødegaard, the wunderkind of Norway, was viewed as ideal for Guardiola’s way of playing.

He had been shown around City’s village-sized training complex, because how could that not impress him? He had heard from Begiristain about their vision to dominate English football. The money was good because, with City, it always is.

But the player’s father had a question. Real Madrid, he said, had promised his son would go straight into their first-team squad and train with the Galacticos. So could City offer the same?

That was the moment when Begiristain knew the whole deal hinged on his reply. Did he try to pull the wool over their eyes? Or did he tell the truth?

“I could make the same promise as Real Madrid,” he said. “But I have to be honest with you and, realistically, it is going to take longer.”

Ten out of 10 for honesty. The bottom line, however, is that it had consequences for City.

“We had him in the building but we couldn’t make it happen,” says one City executive, speaking on condition of anonymity. “We thought it was close. But you can be close in football and also a mile apart. The truth had to be told and the truth in this instance was not what they wanted to hear.”

Eight years on, City should not beat themselves up too badly about missing out on the player who, at 15 years and 253 days, had become Norway’s youngest international.

Kevin De Bruyne joined the following summer. Ilkay Gundogan has shown why Guardiola wanted him as his first signing. Bernardo Silva has not done too shabbily since he arrived a year later.

Still, though, it is tempting to think Guardiola might have a few regrets when it comes to the player who, perhaps more than anyone, is inspiring Arsenal’s attempts to depose City as Premier League champions.

GettyImages-1456861878-scaled.jpg

Ødegaard is hoping to end the season as a Premier League-winning captain (Photo by Visionhaus/Getty Images)

Not that Guardiola is alone on that front. All the major clubs were chasing Ødegaard after his breakthrough with Stromsgodset in Norway’s Eliteserien. He had offers from all over Europe and, before making up his mind, he and his family embarked on a tour of the relevant cities and stadiums — the superstar footballer’s equivalent of university open days.

Erling Haaland did something similar before moving from Borussia Dortmund to City last summer. With Ødegaard, however, it is always worth bearing in mind his age. His father, in particular, had a considerable say. He and Ødegaard made it a condition that he wanted to learn from the best by training with the elite players — or there was no deal to be had.

The right decision? Van Gaal is on record saying it was a mistake. Ødegaard, he said, needed the “best education” and Madrid was not that place.

So, was United? Ødegaard and his family talked at length to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the club’s most successful Norwegian. But United encountered the same issue as City.

In an email exchange with The Athletic, Van Gaal recalls part of the conversations. “His (Ødegaard’s) management wanted him to train with the ‘A’ team if I remember correctly… after that, I did not hear or see anything of him.”

Barcelona were keen and that appealed to Ødegaard bearing in mind he had grown up, like many boys his age, with posters on his bedroom walls of the team’s most famous player.

It was a unique selling point for Barca. They had the sunshine and the allure of Camp Nou, but nothing was more attractive for prospective signings than being offered the chance to play alongside Lionel Messi.

Ødegaard was shown around by Andoni Zubizarreta, then Barca’s director of football. There was a tour of the stadium and an invitation, three days after his 16th birthday, to watch Messi in action.

On December 20, 2014, Luis Enrique’s team had a game in la Liga against Cordoba. Messi scored two in a 5-0 win. It was a peacock-like spreading of Barca’s feathers. They were on their way to the Spanish title and, watching in the stands, Ødegaard took it all in.

GettyImages-460715828-scaled.jpg

Lionel Messi’s masterclass in 2014 against Cordoba took place in front of a watching Martin Ødegaard (Photo: David Ramos/Getty Images)

Unfortunately for him, Barcelona had also been given a 14-month transfer ban for breaching FIFA’s rules on the recruitment of players under the age of 18. That meant they could not sign anybody throughout the whole of 2015 and that counted against them. Even at such a young age, Ødegaard did not want to put his career on pause.

Madrid, on the other hand, had their own, simple way of seducing prospective new signings: presenting their offer in the room where they displayed their record haul of European Cups.

Madrid had just ended their long, obsessive wait for ‘La Decima’, their 10th European Cup. It was the team of Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Luka Modric, managed by Carlo Ancelotti. Of course Ødegaard was keen. Of course he wanted to pull on that silky white shirt and imagine getting his hands on that trophy.

It was not until the autumn of 2019 that another detail, initially unreported, came out via Football Leaks, amid its stream of revelations about the financial secrets of Europe’s top clubs.

Ødegaard’s father had been offered a job coaching Madrid’s under-11s. Hans, a former footballer himself with Stromsgodset and Sandefjord, had been the assistant manager at Mjondalen in Norway’s second division. He accepted Madrid’s offer and, on the day his son put pen to paper, signed his own three-year contract.

This happens in football, especially at the highest end of the sport, where it is a common ploy for clubs to offer jobs to family members.

There was, however, one detail of the Football Leaks story that jumped off the page: Ødegaard Sr’s contract was allegedly worth £2.7million ($3.5m) — roughly 10 times what would ordinarily be expected for a job of that nature.

GettyImages-462988228-scaled.jpg

Martin Ødegaard was largely restricted to appearances for Real Madrid’s B team (Photo: Denis Doyle/Getty Images)

As it turned out, Ødegaard eventually came to realise that Van Gaal was correct: maybe Madrid was not the best place for him, after all.

It felt right at the time, though, and Madrid tried everything to put themselves in a favourable position. A private jet was sent to Norway to pick up the Ødegaard family. Florentino Perez, the Madrid president, was waiting at the Bernabeu and, midway through their first meeting, there was a knock at the door. Zinedine Zidane walked in.

Zidane introduced himself and told Ødegaard he had been looking forward to meeting him. He said he had heard all about his talent and would personally be involved in his development. For Ødegaard, it was exactly what he wanted to hear.

The deal cost Madrid an initial £3.5million, with roughly the same in add-ons, and the player signed a three-year contract. Financially, it was life-changing. It just quickly became apparent it was not going to work out the way Ødegaard had anticipated. Madrid already had Modric, Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Sami Khedira, James Rodriguez and Isco. Ancelotti left the Bernabeu at the end of the season and his replacement, Rafa Benitez, also had no room for a player who was still too young to buy a bottle of Estrella in Plaza Mayor.
These Athletic articles are so verbose lol I wonder if it's actually good content or just filler writing?

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
These Athletic articles are so verbose lol I wonder if it's actually good content or just filler writing?

I cancelled my subscription a couple weeks ago because it really is 90% filler bs. Then they sucked me back in by offering me a years subscription for £15. Think they’re struggling…

BigPoppaPump

Just when I showed appreciation for your growth you're on here complaining about word count with db10. It appears my unconscious bias was neither unconscious nor bias.
It really breaks my heart you'd patronise me like this. I was going to say sesquipedalian but I thought that word was too many syllables for the Arsenalmania faithful.

Although it could be worse, you could just be posting tweets all the time like some mods we know.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

It really breaks my heart you'd patronise me like this. I was going to say sesquipedalian but I thought that word was too many syllables for the Arsenalmania faithful.

Although it could be worse, you could just be posting tweets all the time like some mods we know.

Maybe if you responded to my posts without the aid of ChatGpt you wouldn’t feel like you are being patronised Brother Pump. I googled sesquipedalian if it makes you feel better, I thought it was a new weed strain.

The twitter posting is a sick hack because you can’t search the posts, so for certain man you wouldn’t be able to pull up any opinions for the past 3/4 years.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Ødegaard could be the best midfielder in the league, but Partey is without a doubt the most important midfielder at Arsenal.
Maybe, but i wouldn't want to be without Ødegaard in midfield for an extended time. We did fine except vs united(which actually went fine except for 3 attacks and other bullshit stuff that ****ed the game). We haven't really played without Ødegaard.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Maybe, but i wouldn't want to be without Ødegaard in midfield for an extended time. We did fine except vs united(which actually went fine except for 3 attacks and other bullshit stuff that ****ed the game). We haven't really played without Ødegaard.

It depends on who’s got the better cover.

For Partey it’s Elneny and Sambi.
For Ødegaard it’s Vieira and ESR.

Think Ødegaard started the season regularly subbed by Arteta in the 2nd half if I remember correctly, with many questioning the practicality of his captaincy at the time. It might not be as frequent as I remember it.

BigPoppaPump

Maybe if you responded to my posts without the aid of ChatGpt you wouldn’t feel like you are being patronised Brother Pump. I googled sesquipedalian if it makes you feel better, I thought it was a new weed strain.

The twitter posting is a sick hack because you can’t search the posts, so for certain man you wouldn’t be able to pull up any opinions for the past 3/4 years.
I never used Google or ChaptGPT I just have a wide vocabulary because I’m intelligent and wise. You read all those long Atheltic articles and haven’t improved your lexicon?

Also tbf if your only opinion the last 3/4 is that Cedric and Mari are good signing then I’d stick to posting tweets as well.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom