• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohammed Kudus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I like the fact that the 2 areas we have definitely lacked in the longest seem to be the ones being addressed this window. Rice is an actual physical presence in midfield which Arteta's latest comments on him seem to acknowledge he felt we were missing. Beyond that, he's also excellent at progressing play himself carrying the ball and Kudus similarly is a fine carrier of the ball. Having that sort of profile in midfield alongside the Jorginho, Ode and Havertz sorts who advance the ball more with off the ball movement, quick exchanges and line breaking passes gives us far more unpredictability and variety in our attack.

The thing that I've always lamented really since the Invincibles broke up is that we far too often are so obsessed with being cute in possession that we let the opponent drop back into their defensive shape and make ourselves pleasing on the eye but easier to defend against. Having midfielders who can get the bit between their teeth in the transitional phase and advance play themselves puts far more pressure on the defense and makes life much easier for the likes of Saka and Martinelli to be able to attack space rather than be bracketed. It may take a bit of time to click and we may not start quite as quickly as we did last season but over the course of this season, I think we will see an even more nuanced and devastating attack which I hope will yield more results where we blow inferior teams away early and can then rotate.

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
Even if we dont get him. It confirms my suspicion Arteta has no interest in buying a 'front man' or classic centre forward. We will not target Toney or anyone like that. Arteta prefers 'attackers' who can play on the flanks as well as down the middle. Trossard, Jesus, Martinelli all fit this profile. Your numbers as a goal scorer are not as important as your passing, dribbling/ball carrying, holding the ball in tight spaces, and your overall technique.

We will not be buying a 'classic striker' and im all for it

balthazar

Even if we dont get him. It confirms my suspicion Arteta has no interest in buying a 'front man' or classic centre forward. We will not target Toney or anyone like that. Arteta prefers 'attackers' who can play on the flanks as well as down the middle. Trossard, Jesus, Martinelli all fit this profile. Your numbers as a goal scorer are not as important as your passing, dribbling/ball carrying, holding the ball in tight spaces, and your overall technique.

We will not be buying a 'classic striker' and im all for it
and the fullbacks play DM, and wingers play AM.
TOTAL Footbal Mach 2.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Not sure about this, simply looking at numbers. Sure he would be a good backup for Saka, Ødegaard on the right, but we have Martinelli, Trossard, Smith Rowe, Nelson, Saka as wingers, that's 5 good options with G.Jesus able to play RW also.

It makes sense if Rice is DM, Kudus would be a good shout for left 8, but then we have Havertz too who is probably that RW backup also.

I like the idea of having another dribbler in there but yeah not sure numbers wise. Let's see

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Not sure about this, simply looking at numbers. Sure he would be a good backup for Saka, Ødegaard on the right, but we have Martinelli, Trossard, Smith Rowe, Nelson, Saka as wingers, that's 5 good options with G.Jesus able to play RW also.

It makes sense if Rice is DM, Kudus would be a good shout for left 8, but then we have Havertz too who is probably that RW backup also.

I like the idea of having another dribbler in there but yeah not sure numbers wise. Let's see

Numbers wise it only works if Balogun leaves for a decent fee which is expected after the tour. Imagine the uproar if we sold him before going on tour. Anyway…

With Kudus we’d have a good left footed option to compete with Saka. Versatility in the guys behind Saka and Martinelli is key because they will start most games.

LookingForEric

Last season he played as many games at CF as he did at RW. Did very well, 25 G/A in 2600 minutes. He isn’t used to playing many minutes, which could suit us.

I worry about the drop off in quality if Saka were to ever get injured for 2/3 months.

The argument that Jesus can play RW is valid, however when that happens we then have Nketiah up top and drop quality even further. So a RW signing is wise, and Kudus is very wise given his versatility.

Badger_Revenge

I like Kudus. Look at this horny beast, cuz he's looking straight at you... or THRU you.

1689736400734.png

That all I got with this kid. Natural history trivia. Trust Arteta to make a call, but the links seem weak.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Yup as opposed to you, farming for attention with your negative reaction to posts ratio.
Los Angeles Basketball GIF
🥱

LookingForEric

is this the guy that is injured all the time?

Played a lot of games last season without any real injury. Before that he’s had a couple of issues but nothing major. Absolutely fine for squad competition.

Fabrizio just reiterated what we already know this morning. We need to sell before looking at anyone else.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Isn’t @Dutch D also an Ajax fan? Think I’ve seen him mention he doesn’t like Kudus for us.

Now debate it out lads please 🍿
Let me start by saying that talent-wise he's up there and I rate him very highly.

He's just been frustrating last season, particularly in the second half of the season. I was annoyed with how many times he unnecessarily was offside or missed some big chances. To me that raised some questions about his tactical awareness, which makes me hesitant in the combination with Arteta. He's a player who (I think) requires freedom to create, rather than a system with a particular role.

One thing is he's been misused by the bumbling coaches at Ajax last year, often played out of position. I think his best position is ultimately one of the two CM's with the larger creative license of the two. I wonder if he will track back enough in that position, though (forward pressing will be fine). RW he's also very competent because it's easier to give him more freedom there. ST he did very well in the CL, but I don't see that as his position longer term.

With Havertz and Ødegaard able to fill the more creative CM roles and Saka as the starting RW I just don't see the need to buy Kudus this window, I think I'd rather go for a more traditional winger. Doesn't mean I don't rate Kudus, though.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Let me start by saying that talent-wise he's up there and I rate him very highly.

He's just been frustrating last season, particularly in the second half of the season. I was annoyed with how many times he unnecessarily was offside or missed some big chances. To me that raised some questions about his tactical awareness, which makes me hesitant in the combination with Arteta. He's a player who (I think) requires freedom to create, rather than a system with a particular role.

One thing is he's been misused by the bumbling coaches at Ajax last year, often played out of position. I think his best position is ultimately one of the two CM's with the larger creative license of the two. I wonder if he will track back enough in that position, though (forward pressing will be fine). RW he's also very competent because it's easier to give him more freedom there. ST he did very well in the CL, but I don't see that as his position longer term.

With Havertz and Ødegaard able to fill the more creative CM roles and Saka as the starting RW I just don't see the need to buy Kudus this window, I think I'd rather go for a more traditional winger. Doesn't mean I don't rate Kudus, though.
A more traditional winger would just get stuck behind Saka though, that's where the appeal of signing Kudus lies. He could get playing time at 8 as well, competing with Havertz and Ødegaard for the role.

Now, Kudus himself might prefer to go somewhere where he'll play as a clear-cut starter, but that's his choice to make.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Kudus/ESR/Vieira in the same squad is much of a muchness for me. Not talking about what positions they could potentially play, Kudus would probably be the best fit as he seems to be able to play off the right wing.

But all 3 are similar stages of their career, all trying to prove themselves at the top level. Not sure you can accommodate all of them.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A more traditional winger would just get stuck behind Saka though, that's where the appeal of signing Kudus lies. He could get playing time at 8 as well, competing with Havertz and Ødegaard for the role.

Now, Kudus himself might prefer to go somewhere where he'll play as a clear-cut starter, but that's his choice to make.

We’ve already got Ødegaard (who’s an automatic starter), Havertz, ESR, Vieira and maybe even Trossard who are going to be going for them LCM/RCM positions. Don’t really think we can throw another name into the mix there, is of Kudus does come I reckon he’d primarily been seen as a wide player.

Given Saka plays most games as well it’s hard to see where he’d get a game.

Black Noir

Fabio has to be sent out. Fabio needs a loan preferably to a physical league where he can just eat some carbs and train. Kudus is ideal for Arteta he has so much tactical variation to him can cover Saka left side midfield. Play other positions as well. in my opinion - nice profile player .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom