• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Arsenal 2 - 2 Crystal Palace | Monday, 18th October | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Why are we just sitting off after scoring a first goal. The crowd was behind the team, we had all the momentum, and Palace were ****ting themselves at the Emirates.

Instead of continuing our high press we become happy to sit back (for no reason) and just invite pressure for ages even though they had 0 threat. Then boom, after all that sleepwalking you concede a silly goal and all the momentum is in their favour.

1 goal leads aren’t good enough at home, Arteta was a ***** tonight and should have urged his team to get higher up the pitch. If they weren’t capable then Martinelli should have been brought on earlier to do so.
Because he is a very negative manager and has been from day one. People don’t want to see it because he is Spanish and peps mate.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't want to bring old memories but when wenger was in charge and we scored first 10 minutes you 100% bet we'll go and add 2 more at least i know the league changed the teams are better now but still things have changed emery and Arteta are just so cautious managers go 1 up get back play on counter it's BS because we have players to kill the game not go defend for 60 minutes

Make

Player:Ødegaard
We should have won this... Obviously it's better to get one point than zero but I'm not happy with the result and nobody can't be happy neither. We have some aspects to improve quick if we want to get 3 points on Friday.

We weren't able to create any chances in the second half when we were 1-0 at the half-time. We missed a lot of balls during the second half too and I still think on these kinds of games when you are under-pressure and your fans are behind, you need to show them the strength, passion and everything that means you want to win that game.

Other stuff, all people criticise Xhaka but in this kind of games we missed him a lot, you either love it or hate it but he is on the midfield and that's something we needed today because Partey and lokonga were hidden the whole time and nobody wanted the ball and keep the ball when the team needed. That's something that Xhaka always wants to do, sometimes he loses the ball or makes mistakes but he always try to keep the team ahead and making fouls when we need it.

In the second goal for Crystal Palace we defended 3v3 and nobody tried to make a tackle, Xhaka sees when the team needs to make a foul and stop the game to get back or block a counter attack.

I hope we can get the 3 points on Friday but we need to change our mindset and attitude if we want to beat Aston Villa.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
How unlucky has Vieira been this season by the way? Love the man but when he becomes a manager for us in the future, hope he doesn't bring that bad juju with us

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He is not Wenger, he does not make decisions in regards of the direction of the club. He has a say on who are we signing but if our policy is bought for the future he has to swallow that.

Again, not defending him, get him sacked i don't care anymore. But he is not the problem, and he is not the reason why we are not getting results.

So if it's because we've got a younger team now why couldn't he get results with more experienced players last season?

Reactions: Kav

ArtetaOut

This draw is more depressing than a loss FFS. At least with a loss Cone Boy would've been closer to the sack. ****ing flaccid outcome.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't think Arteta ever really celebrated, when he was at City and they scored against us.

Meanwhile you have Paddy jumping around like he just picked us a second Invincible title, ffs!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
All kids, our defenders are all under 25.
We put our money on kids, this is what you get.
inexperienced football, we are a coin in the air, that's what I am trying to say. It can go well, but you are going to drop points.
today we dropped points because of our lack of a senior midfielder next to Partey.

This isn't "inexperienced football". E.g. Arsenal has an average age of 25.3 on transfermarkt, Bundesliga teams Stuttgart (23.4), Dortmund (24.7) and Leverkusen (24.8) have younger squads while playing far better and more entertaining football and with them you can see inexperience doesn't equal **** football - inexperience usually (I really mean definitely) manifests itself in other ways than a whole team playing like **** without offensive gameplan, fearful, without as @carlito'sway said rhythm, movement, without a coherent press, etc. etc. In Brentford and Leeds there's even two PL sides which are younger on average and arguably play better football.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The short sighted lot will claim otherwise but we’re in a far worse position then at the start of the season.

As long as we’re picking up points and in the safety of midtable Arteta remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom