• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Newcastle United | 14/08/05

Gurgen

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
one more thing, what's up with our set pieces? absolutely useless. our corners are ridicilous...

RvP wasn't on, and Henry and Pires just whack it to the first man :lol:

jasonlohkh

sabret00the said:
jasonlohkh said:
am i the only one who think we need another striker?
what are you on about? to replace who? RVP should be starting? and Dennis is a captain, if you're talking need then i expect you're talking about starting? who would you drop?

Need doesnt always mean starting. We do need a striker . DB10 cant start on every match from now plus he wont feature in our away CL games. So we only have Reyes and VP to choose from. what happen if Reyes and VP or even TH get injured? We will be so short upfront.
We are now talking about 60++ games per season. and you dont expect that a 36 years old player to play many of it. And you dont expect that FL and Pires to be injure-free for whole season right?
If one of our wingers (FL,Pires or Hleb) are injure then reyes have to cover LM and again we are short upfront with VP and TH.

koivu

If there is one positive thing that came from Jenas' dirty tackle, other than the numerical 'advantage', it was being able to chant "You dirty northern b@st@rds!"

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
good result, sounds like it was a difficult match (still have to watch the recorded match). Did Van Persie score with his right foot?

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Gurgen said:
No his left. Deft touch too :p
proves once more never trust bbc live text they said he scored with his right foot, the way it's described, somewhere back in this topic, it sound like a typical cage football goal (going for the near post). Going to watch it now.

sabret00the

Established Member
jasonlohkh said:
sabret00the said:
jasonlohkh said:
am i the only one who think we need another striker?
what are you on about? to replace who? RVP should be starting? and Dennis is a striker, if you're talking need then i expect you're talking about starting? who would you drop?

Need doesnt always mean starting. We do need a striker . DB10 cant start on every match from now plus he wont feature in our away CL games. So we only have Reyes and VP to choose from. what happen if Reyes and VP or even TH get injured? We will be so short upfront.
We are now talking about 60++ games per season. and you dont expect that a 36 years old player to play many of it. And you dont expect that FL and Pires to be injure-free for whole season right?
If one of our wingers (FL,Pires or Hleb) are injure then reyes have to cover LM and again we are short upfront with VP and TH.
In all fairness we have Dennis, RvP, Henry, Quincy, Lupoli and Bentley. we know that all of them can make a difference on their day, it's not a need thing, if after this season we're not having a mega goal barrage season then yes get another in, but RvP has scored in every game we've played this premiership season, and based on this game, you've gotta be talking about the two players that shouldn't have been there for that long Henry/Dennis.

One is on his way out and got the game because it's the first game of the new season and Arsène thought the fans would wanna see him and the second is captain so he get's a get outta jail free card for when he's having a 'mare.

Tegh

Established Member
When we are awarded a corner we may aswell just say no thanks and walk away, we have like two people with any arial ability, and they never get the ball delivered to them anyway.

On another topic, did anyone see Senderos stroke Henry's arm during the first half when we were awarded a corner? I was like: Huh :shock: and Henry gave him a weird look too. It was hilarious. I believe Hleb to be another who likes to shoot from afar, just like RVP which will keep the GK's and defenders alike on their toes.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
We were so poor today I thought, we didnt start playing untill Hleb and Van Persie came on.

For most of the game we didnt look like scoring agaisnt an average Newcastle with ten men. Cesc couldnt get in the game at all, with isnt really a good sign.

Pires and especially Dennis look past it. Van Persie has to start on Sunday, but im sure Wenger will stick with Dennis.

Atmosphere was **** as usual, although the 'highbury legends' which included Gus Caesar was a nice touch!

Also I couldnt believe that streaker and how the police just let him dance around the the pitch for ages. If we are going to have to look at people with small dicks running around on the pitch at least let us laugh at the stewards attempts to rugby tackle them!

sabret00the

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
We were so poor today I thought, we didnt start playing untill Hleb and Van Persie came on.

For most of the game we didnt look like scoring agaisnt an average Newcastle with ten men. Cesc couldnt get in the game at all, with isnt really a good sign.

Pires and especially Dennis look past it. Van Persie has to start on Sunday, but im sure Wenger will stick with Dennis.

Atmosphere was s**t as usual, although the 'highbury legends' which included Gus Caesar was a nice touch!

Also I couldnt believe that streaker and how the police just let him dance around the the pitch for ages. If we are going to have to look at people with small dicks running around on the pitch at least let us laugh at the stewards attempts to rugby tackle them!
and i thought the streaker was you rocky ;) :p

i thought Cesc played well, his vision was immense today, i was actually dismayed when they took him off.

where was you rocky? your season tickets are clock end if i remember correctly?

RockyRocastle

Established Member
sabret00the said:
RockyRocastle said:

Atmosphere was s**t as usual, although the 'highbury legends' which included Gus Caesar was a nice touch!

and i thought the streaker was you rocky ;) :p

where was you rocky? your season tickets are clock end if i remember correctly?

:lol:
Wasnt me, but I suppose it's a good way to spend your last visit to Highbury!

Yeah, I was in the CE.

AFCG7

Established Member
This is getting really frustrating.. what the hell are our guys thinking when they get the ball 20-25 yards out and no marker in sight. SO many times today in the second half we kept moving th ball square..back to wings from central positions when shots were clearly on.. there for the taking really.
It was only when RVP came on that the shots came in from his boot. Even then Henry was pissed at him for trying to shoot? I dont understand...at this rate all Chelsea will do is line up 8 ment behind the ball on SUnday and let us pass it square, then when they get possession they'll spread it to the flanks or bang it up in the air and look for someone to nick a goal.
Take the friggin shots man! A defelction here and there or maybe keeper unsighted.. some **** but it could creat a goal.

kel varnsen

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
This is getting really frustrating.. what the hell are our guys thinking when they get the ball 20-25 yards out and no marker in sight. SO many times today in the second half we kept moving th ball square..back to wings from central positions when shots were clearly on.. there for the taking really.
It was only when RVP came on that the shots came in from his boot. Even then Henry was pissed at him for trying to shoot?

henry was spot on. van persie shouldn't have done that as he was clearly out of balance. he should have passed the ball there...

sabret00the

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
AFCG7 said:
It was only when RVP came on that the shots came in from his boot. Even then Henry was pissed at him for trying to shoot?

henry was spot on. van persie shouldn't have done that as he was clearly out of balance. he should have passed the ball there...
henry should play his game and let others play theirs, henry deserved to be subbed off today, atleast RvP was trying to make a difference, he should've really looked at his own game before he criticised others,

AFCG7

Established Member
Yes, maybe he could have passed to Henry but my point is at least he tried to shoot.. in the 10 minutes before that did we even have a shot on target?
I'm not saying we should abandon our passing game and our good movement, but sometimes we could add a bit of variety to our attacking style couldnt we? Shouldnt we?

sabret00the

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
Yes, maybe he could have passed to Henry but my point is at least he tried to shoot.. in the 10 minutes before that did we even have a shot on target?
I'm not saying we should abandon our passing game and our good movement, but sometimes we could add a bit of variety to our attacking style couldnt we? Shouldnt we?
i had to ask the girl next to me, "was that our first shot on target all half?"

James

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
There was me thinking that the last season at highbury would mean the atmosphere would be a bit better :roll: Newcastle fans were outstanding fair play.

Best be ALOT better next Sunday.

sabret00the

Established Member
James said:
RockyRocastle said:
There was me thinking that the last season at highbury would mean the atmosphere would be a bit better :roll: Newcastle fans were outstanding fair play.

Best be ALOT better next Sunday.
i think it's honestly just where you all were sitting, NE was great.

_scorpion_

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
one more thing, what's up with our set pieces? absolutely useless. our corners are ridicilous...

100%!

I cannot accept how useless we are at set peices!
Not acceptable IMO for a team of our calibre.

But it was a good result and i'm happier about the clean sheet...that being said Newcastle did not threaten much and sterner tests await our back 4.

Ljunberg was my man of the match and I thought Toure and Lauren were excellent. Toure has a remarkable motor...he can power up and down the pitch non-stop and for a man his size that is impressive.

Gilberto looks a totally different player and am impressed with him more so than ever before. His pertnership with Cesc looks good...more passing options for us....

I though the tackle by Jenas got what i deserved. They are leg breakers and referees should crack down on them!

Hleb was dnagerous and I loved the fact that he backs himself in taking players on...I cannot wait to see him playe more

RVP...what more can i say other than this guy is special. I loved his goal...Bergkamp-esk touch! And I didnt mind the fact that he was happy to shoot from outside. Particularily in a match like that.

Cannot ask for more than a 2 nil result! Well done lads and now lets mug those w@nkers at the bridge...lucky baskets! Even '*****-I-know' admitted they deserved to lose. Hard luck for Wigan!

kel varnsen

Established Member
i love the way hleb goes straight at the defender. he flew by faye like he wasn't even there. hleb will give us a lot more options going forward. pace, flair and creativity. my kind of footballer... :)

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom