• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sunderland | 05/11/05

las

I don't understand why so many fans are so negative here.

in the last few matches I've seen arsenal come more and more back to the good old form.Now we are third in the premier ship and have qualified for the next round in cl! :D

todays match showed that von persie will be a very important player in the future and it also showed that we can,t loose the master thierry henry.

ccc

Gurgen said:
Von Persie? :lol:

I' wondering whether there is some relationship between duetch "von" and dutch "van". I've learned several different explanation. don't know which one is correct. maybe those dutch gooner in this forum like arjen or leonado can give us a hint :eek:ops:

A

Anonymous

Comfortable win.. there was some slackness after Arsenal understood that Sunderland wasn't going to do anything.. which in other games may have cost Arsenal.

Van Persie has a very solid game.. from start to sub.. he shined. And I think it's clear to Henry now, that Van Persie deserves some attention..
rather then frowning.

Arsenal are 3rd.. but if they won the games they should have, they would have been 2nd. No point in reading into this game. Sunderland are target practise. But nice to see some Arsenal players.. playing well.
Most notably for me, Van Persie.

And who was the little punk who said he can't perform when starting a match? :roll: Run and edit the post..

gun4glory

MY CHANNEL WORKED!!
Great game... could have been much more though... disappointed by a couple things though:
1)Reyes shoud have scored at least one... Too Bad...
2)Henry Could have scored like 8 had he kept his line
3)Very Very Very Sloppy goal we let in, kolo just fell asleep
4)We showed off to early, we shold have absolutely burried them (4 or 5-0) then played around... Everyone knows we were capable of that kind of score...
5)Bergkamp is too cheaky... that ball for fabregas, his shot on goal...
Surprising all these and im still extremely happy about out preformance... Tough Love :wink:

Good Things (Endless List, not gonna list them all):
1)RvP started and was great...
2)Henry hungry as ever
3)RvP/Henry & Reyes/Henry 'clicking' now (GREAT NEWS!!)
4)Fabregas doing great
5)Gilberto was everywhere
6)Clichy Absolutley fantastic, as was lauren
7)Pires was very productive
8)WE ARE THIRD!!!!!!!! One more win with results going our way... we r second, to de that we'll have to beat the second placed side... WIGAN?!? Just sounds wrong...

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
And Gilberto was very good. Get a grip kel.
i disagree, the midfield was sunderlands and both gil and cesc seemed unable to find forward passes, though i beleive it was down to the tactics of the second half.

gun4glory

sabret00the said:
Gurgen said:
And Gilberto was very good. Get a grip kel.
i disagree, the midfield was sunderlands and both gil and cesc seemed unable to find forward passes, though i beleive it was down to the tactics of the second half.
Gotta dsagree with you there.. We were strong in midfield, yes we passed backk a few times, but that was to slow the pace when we were comfortably leading... as soon as stubbs scored, we came back and put preasure... we really did have control of the game in all departments...

A

Anonymous

I don't actually think Gilberto was as imposing as has been made out.

I think Fabregas had an above average game.. and he did slip the killer pass in, which a good thing on his part.. I still think he isn't exactly likely to shoot or score.. which again means central midfield isn't exactly going to score a goal.

But it's a win. I'm not going to be in a negative mood tonight.

Feanor

Established Member
Great to see RvP getting a start and a goal, hopefully he'll start the rest of the season as long as he's fit. I didn't get to see the game since FSC won't show it until wednesday but it seems like it was a decent effort.

Canuck

Established Member
Thought we looked much more confident and pulled together for much of the match. Better movement and having RVP to actually worry the Sunderland backline the entire time he was on was a refreshing change. We weren't dominant in MF but I felt that we had enough class to work around that today. 2-0 up and Sunderland weren't very threatening, then I thought the play started to get a little cavalier, and it cost us. A better team than Sunderland and we might have been punished but thankfully...
(Henry's overhead had me off the couch though!) Eboue seems to be coming along nicely and Wenger has been getting him on a bit more lately. More than Quincy...

Wigan away is going to be a tough test of character though.

IBL

Established Member
Just came back from the match, dull first half half apart from the goals and the Reyes opportunity. Second half was much livelier and we seriously should have scored 5/6 goals today with the chances we had.

Reyes should have scored early on, brilliant interception (he's reading the game alot better now) but tried placing the ball near post and only hit the side netting. Van Persie scored a beauty for his first thumping in after an excellent long ball delivered by Campbell's left foot. Second goal was a wonderful move, RvP deftly flicking on the ball to Lauren who delivered perfect ball to Henry at the far post. On the replays watch how the two sliding Sunderland defenders still couldnt cut out that low cross.

Second half RvP should had made it 3-0 after being put through by Henry's header. Instead of taking the ball on he tried lobbing the keeper and hit it wide. Henry than set himself up brilliantly for an overhead kick which just hit the outside of the post - I thought it was in and what a goal it would have been to witness first hand. Sunderland scored from a corner and it was almost inevitable considering how many corners we gifted them. Really peeved off at this point at our inability to kill the game off but thankfully Henry restored a two goal cushion with a nicley taken goal from a Cesc through ball. Bergkamp should have scored a goal later on and we also had turned don chances to shoot at the final whistle so no suprises there. Overall a satisfying result and a decent result against a struggling team - should have scored a lot more goals though.

Lauren was really good today, I counted one misplaced pass from him near the end but apart from that was great offensively and defensively. Cesc and Gilbert were decent centre of the pitch, did their jobs well. RvP was excellent, took his goal really well and had a big part two play in setting up the second. Henry was just a magician at times today, some awesome skills at times, a real joy to watch. Reyes looked good but the poor guy kept getting targetted for fouls, some nice passes, touches and feints. Eboue looks solid, boy has some pace. Toure and Campbell ok. Pires good in spurts. Clichy another excellent game but his finally delivery is poor, needs work. All in all a good workout but should have improved our goal difference more and kept up our concentration for the full 90 mins.

Some Pics:

DSC00082.JPG

DSC00087.JPG

Poor Reyes just been fouled...again!
DSC00086.JPG

DSC00083.JPG

DSC00081.JPG

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Decent enough performance, never really out of second gear. Yet we still needed Henry to kill them off.

Van Persie is the boy though, always rated him. He just oozes quality - the way he took his goal was all class.

Atmosphere was quite good aswell - I actually heard a few songs coming from the NB!

Just when we are getting on a role and getting our players back they will all **** off to play meaningless friendlies and I bet two will come back injured :roll:

arsenal05

sounds good lucky iceberg legend i'd love to be able to go to games! :cry:

I live in Northern ireland and it notonly hard to get tickets but by the time you get flights and hotels and transport etc etc... :cry:

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom