• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sunderland | 05/11/05

KoLo28

Didn't get to watch it because it was not televised. But i watched the soccernet gamecast and it said we had 74% possession!!! :shock: Is this true, because the way people are talking it's as if we had about 40% of the ball. And it also said that Sunderlands only shot at goal was the goal. Were these stats way off the mark or are you guys just super negative?

IBL

Established Member
sabret00the said:
arsenal05 said:
How were the seats Ice berg legend?

they look pretty good!
he was with the junior gunners it seems, closest you can get to the action bar NB and CE

Spot on sabre, I was in the west stand lower close to the away (rowdy and slightly wasted) Sunderland fans. Atmosphere was really good today and there was good banter between the sets of fans and plenty of "f*ck of Morinho" chants. View was a bit low but got to see players close up - Sol is a monster of a man! :shock:

Arsenal05 I'd definitely recommend checking out Highbury if at all possible, it's a special place and its only going to be around for another 7-8 months.

invisibleman18

Established Member
good to see Van Persie given a start, and he got a goal and played well, continuing his good form. unfortunately i didnt get to see this one so cant really comment too much on it having only seen the goals so far.
no suprises really that the goal conceded was from a corner.
thanks for those pics Ice Berg, looks like you had an awesome seat there.

arsenal05

Arsenal05 I'd definitely recommend checking out Highbury if at all possible, it's a special place and its only going to be around for another 7-8 months.

i was there for the chelsea home win 2 years ago was great though to be honest wasnt the biggest arsenal fan couldnt have named to many players other than Henry and Bobby! :lol:

and just my luck the museum was closed that day!

It is looking however like i will however be able to go to one more game hopefully the west ham one in january !!

I will try my best no matter what to get to highbury before the end! :cry:

qs

Established Member
Very very comfortable win. Sunderland are bad but theyve played well and we didnt let them play at all. Solid game, mistake only came from how easy it was over all.

Good to see Robin get a good goal.

Gurgen

Established Member
KoLo28 said:
Didn't get to watch it because it was not televised. But i watched the soccernet gamecast and it said we had 74% possession!!! :shock: Is this true, because the way people are talking it's as if we had about 40% of the ball. And it also said that Sunderlands only shot at goal was the goal. Were these stats way off the mark or are you guys just super negative?

Some of the posters here just looove the dramatic.

We had 74% possesion and yet our central midfield 'sucked' and was 'getting owned' by Sunderland :lol:

alibey

The only reasonable explanation is, they forget to bring their second shorts on the game. LOL

:mrgreen:

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
ccc said:
Gurgen said:
Von Persie? :lol:

I' wondering whether there is some relationship between duetch "von" and dutch "van". I've learned several different explanation. don't know which one is correct. maybe those dutch gooner in this forum like arjen or leonado can give us a hint :eek:ops:
The German 'von' and the Ducth 'van' both mean 'from'. In Germany there are hardly any people with von in their name. Most of them are nobility and have a long name like 'from Newcastle until Sunderland'. The name indicates which territory they owned. In Holland van is very common. That's why when they list names alphabetically in Dutch they ignore van (and de) because otherwise half of the names in Holland would start with a v. The most common meaning of van in a Dutch name is a reference to where the person came from (city, province, country). Van Utrecht means one of the ancestors of the family came from Utrecht and went living somewhere else. So Van Persie ancestors maybe came from Persia (Iran) or it means something completely different. There's something very funny about some surnames in Holland, when Napoleon conquered Holland everybody was forced to register their name (wasn't done thats serious before, apart from the church records). Some people thought the French wouldn't stay that long and the names would be forgotten/meaningless and filed a stupid name (sometimes to protest against the French or to take the mickey), unfortunately for their offspring the surnames people filed stayed the same after the French left. So we have surnames like Naaktgeboren (born naked), Nooitgedacht (never thought about that), etc.

jeromelee

That's interesting. But seriously, what has all this got to do with the game against Sunderland.

I just want to say that the game should that we now have 2 strikers upfront who can score. Persie is molding into a real out and out striker with predatory instincts. Henry however, is and will always be the entertainer. Had so much time to bring down the ball but instead goes for the overhead. Why? Cause he's never orthodox.

Kum_Arsenal

good result for the gunners and will give lots of confidence.

finally it looks Arsenal are slowly getting their old shape and style of play.

the only concern is when henry is not playing the whole style of play changes and its not what we want to see.

the truth is when henry is not there arsenal are not a good side. theres a big void in the team when he is absent. that has to be dealt with very soon.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom