• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Birmingham City vs Arsenal | 13/05/05

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Disappointing performance. We really should've beaten Birmingham, no matter what team we had out there! Lets just hope this doesnt affect our preperation for the FA Cup Final.

However, despite the disappointment we are pretty much all feeling, I dont feel as bad as any other time we lose, which is weird considering this game was important for us.

****in' Emile Heskey....I knew after all the bagging we give him on this forum was going to come back and bite us in the ass! ****in' Emile Heskey! Who would've thought......!

mood

I didn't expect us to be flying to be honest. 1-1 would've been okay, but Heskey just HAD TO make Birmingham win the game. :(

Another draw would've been okay, but looking at 5 losses instead of 4 makes a diff.

All this wouldn't matter if we beat United in the FA Cup Final. We just have to beat them.. we lost 3 times to them, I can't see it happen again.

mood

The line-up was poor in the 1st place. Especially midfield.

Gilberto does not add anything to the attack. Vieira, on the radio, seemed to have a good game.. but apart from him in the centre.. we had to depend on a non-fit Ljungberg and Fabregas off position.

patrick42uk

Established Member
looks like poor defending for both goals. finally, one senderos gets punished for a mistake. with his average of a glaring mistake per game, its amazing it took this long.

mood

Well, good thing is that the game wasnt too important so it's not a big confidence blow.

Good things or bad things could come out of this result.

Bad - it may ruin our preparation for the Fa Cup final.

Good - it may make the team not over-confident and they'll realise their mistakes here and boost it up to their maximum in the FA Cup.

JazzG

Established Member
Supposedly a mistake from Senderos which let Heskey score, he has been very lucky at times this season but guess it finally ran out. Then again with the bad luck our defenders have had we deserved a bit of good luck but it can't go on forever! Hopefully won't let it effect him if he plays next week

Not that bothered but conceding 2 cheap goals is not ideal going into a final.

Xanshin

I think it's good for Senderos to have made a mistake in a way...means he'll be more focused to prevent it from happening again.

It's not all doom and gloom....Kannnuuuuuuuuuuuu will be in the premier league again next season (barring being sold)

IBL

Established Member
f**k sake, what an annoying result. Considering our brilliant defensive record of late AND the fact that Brum have not scored against us at all in the Prem prior to this game its really really dissapointing to concede two goals and lose this game no matter how meaningless it is. And to let Heskey of all people get the winner is just sickening! Poor end to the season.

I was hoping we could start another long unbeaten run...no we have to start again from game one whilst Chavski are in a strong position to start their own long unbeaten run.

Mark

Established Member
mood said:
Good - it may make the team not over-confident and they'll realise their mistakes here and boost it up to their maximum in the FA Cup.
Yeah actually. This could act as a good wake-up call for our players. Hopefully they will respond in the right way and improve immensely for next weekend.

kanuuu

Established Member
Mark said:
mood said:
Yeah actually. This could act as a good wake-up call for our players. Hopefully they will respond in the right way and improve immensely for next weekend.
I doubt it, you know what this team is like, one defeat and they all lose confidence and go off and have a good cry. I wasn't very confident yesterday about out Cup final chances, but i'm even less confident now. I hope They prove me wrong.

galaxyheight

I did not get to see the match too but i was surprised that we lose. After beating everton 7-0 and being on form, i expect us to beat birmingham not 7-0 but score like 1-0 or 2-1. What a disppointing result even though we have nothing to play for. I think the players think they have nothing to play and this match is meaningless so they relaxed too much and thus we lose. MU have nothing to play for and yet they still won. Besides winning this match may help to boost our confidence against MU in the FA cup final since our matches against them this season all ended up losing. I hope this match won't affect us so much since birmingham have not beaten us for a long long time

singooner

maybe the 7-0 thrashing of everton gave us a serious case of overconfidence going into this game.

just keep fingers crossed that henry, pires and reyes are fit for the final.

Spike

Established Member
I go off to revise and come back seeing 2-1.....**** what happened? To those who saw the game, what did we lack? :shock:

TNT

please!please stop to say this things!
i see the fully 94min of the match.
we play well and 100% Arsène wants player to player in this form!
because when we were 1-0 we need gole and we could do it very easy!
senderos was wonderful and just one mistake in 92' that is very very good for a 20 year old player!
we must keep our energy for final and it was just reason that we play our game in this form.
and 100% henry and reyes and pires will be in squad for final.
campbell was good but not like senderos and in first goal he was Blameful.
toure was wonderfull in RB too!

Soler

Established Member
This just proves my theory that after a team has a big day they perform terribly in their next game.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom