• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Birmingham City vs Arsenal | 13/05/05

galaxyheight

I guess their heart just wasn't in the game since it's meaningless. If there's something to play for like championship title i bet we will destroy them just we used to did before.

JazzG

Established Member
Soler said:
This just proves my theory that after a team has a big day they perform terribly in their next game.

If we look at the three players who didn't play, Henry, Reyes and Pires lets have a look at their stats

Henry - 25 goals and 16 assists
Pires - 14 goals and 2 assists
Reyes - 9 goals and 8 assists

That means they have scored 48 goals and set up 26 between them. That is alot of goals.....

James

Established Member
Gunner4Eva said:
f*n' Emile Heskey....I knew after all the bagging we give him on this forum was going to come back and bite us in the ass! f*n' Emile Heskey! Who would've thought......!
We were giving him stick at the game, and i knew he'd just nick one.
Anyway, the game was bloody dull. Atmosphere was one of the best i've seen away from home this season.

Most exciting thing though was sitting next to Alan Davies (aka Jonathan Creek). Haha, fair play, he's a moody git.

JazzG said:
Soler said:
This just proves my theory that after a team has a big day they perform terribly in their next game.

If we look at the three players who didn't play, Henry, Reyes and Pires lets have a look at their stats

Henry - 25 goals and 16 assists
Pires - 14 goals and 2 assists
Reyes - 9 goals and 8 assists

That means they have scored 48 goals and set up 26 between them. That is alot of goals.....

that's very true,
But with Van Persie, Bergie and cesc i thought we will have enough creativity to beat them...

sabret00the

Established Member
what i find interesting was that according to everyone i spoke to van Persie was our man or the match yet he came off, the defence apparently is still shakey with sol back, ****ing doom and gloom back there, i'm sorry but this season Sol Campbell is our bogey man :(

Oh well, it was a nice enough run out before the final.

James

Established Member
Sol has to be the man dropped for the Cup Final im afraid. Defence has looked nothing like it was since he's come back in.

Man of the Match in my opinion was Dennis. Followed by Cole and Toure.

sabret00the

Established Member
i heard cole never looked interested.

gah, should stop hearing stuff and hurry up and watch the damn thing, download hurry up ffs.

James

Established Member
Nobody really looked interested to be honest, but Ashley was involved in alot of things going forward. We looked most threatening down the left, especially in the second half.

the dawn raids

Established Member
towelie said:
so toure senderos for the final??

has campbell been involved in every league loss this year?

yes it should be.

and Sol was involved with all of the defeats except Munich (and United in the league cup).

Allyboy

Established Member
James said:
Most exciting thing though was sitting next to Alan Davies (aka Jonathan Creek). Haha, fair play, he's a moody git.

Sorry mate, I shook Dein's hand down by where the players came out to train, I think I beat you :wink:

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Allyboy said:
James said:

Sorry mate, I shook Dein's hand down by where the players came out to train, I think I beat you :wink:

Yeah, well I shagged Karen Brady on the boardroom table, and walked into a pub full of brummies clad in burberry - so I think I win *

* One of the above is a lie. :wink:

KingReyes

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
looks like poor defending for both goals. finally, one senderos gets punished for a mistake. with his average of a glaring mistake per game, its amazing it took this long.

It was bound to happen sooner or later but its just another learning experience for the kid. Really dull game with some good patches going forward we looked solid in defense for most of the game but a lack of focus for the two goals cost us dearly.

Thoght Vieira was one of our better players and SOl was solid at the back. Toure also did well on the right.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Why are you people referencing all the defeats Sol was in, it's a known fact that he's not had a "stop start" season compared to 2 seasons ago (it's now the end of the season so I consider the season that's just passed by is last season).
A contributing fact may be that Arsène rushed he back because we were without our best defender back then he still is but he has only had 2 games since coming back from injury so far.

Lukazan

Established Member
OMG.. OMG.. it was bad. :(

Football always looks alot worse in real life than on TV, so I'll keep that in mind but we were terrible, never got started.

Toure was just poor.. he really was. Not the same threat going forward as Lauren, and Sol too, looks rusty. It's right what that guy said ... forget who it was, anyway he said the bigger framed players often need more games to shake off rust than the thinner more athletic ones do...

Senderos: He has been great, and this isn't just a knee-jerk reaction to his mistake today but EVERY game has made a serious error, whether it be a slip, mis-control or hesitation but the thing is he has ALWAYS BEEN LET OFF THE HOOK. Today he was made to pay..

Wenger needs to have a serious think about his backline because it's a toughie. The only certains are Cole at left back and Lauren at right back IMO.

Aussie

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
OMG.. OMG.. it was bad. :(

Football always looks alot worse in real life than on TV, so I'll keep that in mind but we were terrible, never got started.

Toure was just poor.. he really was. Not the same threat going forward as Lauren, and Sol too, looks rusty. It's right what that guy said ... forget who it was, anyway he said the bigger framed players often need more games to shake off rust than the thinner more athletic ones do...

Senderos: He has been great, and this isn't just a knee-jerk reaction to his mistake today but EVERY game has made a serious error, whether it be a slip, mis-control or hesitation but the thing is he has ALWAYS BEEN LET OFF THE HOOK. Today he was made to pay..

Wenger needs to have a serious think about his backline because it's a toughie. The only certains are Cole at left back and Lauren at right back IMO.

Agreed. Sell Him.

Lukazan

Established Member
I expected a reply like that tbh..

But surely you cannot deny what I am saying is true? The only reason I have decided to bring it up now is because his error cost us a goal today. I mean it, EVERY single game there has been something from Senderos that has lead to the opposition getting in to dangerous attacking positions..

I'm just saying because the lad has had a string of very good games for us in defence doesn't mean he should be immune to criticism. And at the same time if someone does criticise him it doesn't mean he should be sold, not played or whatever.. :roll:

the dawn raids

Established Member
maybe, but did any of us really expect him to have this kind of impact this season? i didnt think so, so its all ahead of schedule with Senderos as far as im concerned. plus, he has a chance to be in the starting 11 of a cup final team at such a young age; surely these can only be good things.

Lukazan

Established Member
Of course we didn't, and it's great that he has gotten his chance this season and shown us all what a great defender he is going to be.

But the game against Man U is obviously MASSIVE. And reading up there I see I'm not the only one that has noticed Senderos' mistakes that often lead to dangerous attacks. Can we really risk that for the FA Cup final against the likes of Man U who'll punish us for the smallest of mistakes? The mistakes will disappear when Senderos matures and gains more experience, but right now he is making abit too many for my liking and I think it could be one of those kind of mistakes that hands Man U the FA Cup.

But at the same time you've got Sol Campbell who is looking less than sharp. I went to the game today and saw him and he is looking incredibly sluggish and slow to react.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom