• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 21/08/05

kiddou

Tristan,
you can not judge player being offside or onside based on moment before the ball is kicked/passed towards him.
Offside rule applies for the moment after the ball was kicked/passed.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Gunner Ossie said:
kaids said:
Gunner Ossie said:
There are, admittedly, many on here who are OVER-REACTING, but ive noticed there are equally as many who, by insisting chelsea were lucky, are IGNORING the blatant fact that chelsea are not only beating us regularly but, worst still at a stroll.

Arsenal looked clueless and Wenger better do something before they disapear into the distance.
Beating us regularily? That's the first time in what, 19 league attempts?

At a stroll? wtf? They fluked that win, and couldn't beat Arsenal in either attempt last year.

now, you are being a tad dillusional arent you?

when was the last time we beat chelsea? how many of the RECENT games have we actually won? did we actually create many chances in those encounters?

Remember, we use dto beat them ALL THE TIME

In my view we no longer seem capable of breaking them down despite having henry.
Now you're just backtracking. Beating us regularily at a stroll, no? Oh, well, us not beating them and not creating many chances is exactly the same thing :eek:ops:

You may not have noticed, but not many teams create a lot of chances against Chelsea. Chelsea have as much difficulty beating us as we do them. Last season Henry missed an empty net, Pires hit the bar, etc...

Since we last beat them (3 times in a row), it's been 3 draws and 2 edged-out wins for Chelsea. I'd be more worried about Man Utd's hoodoo over Arsenal at the moment.

nazo

Established Member
celestis said:
Not at all worried our side is still developing a lucky goal by drogba, someone should tell henry he is a centre foward and a bloody good one at that stay up the pitch on the last defenders shoulder leave the midfield play to everyone else . every time he acted like a centre forward we looked dangerous if he is going to do what he was doing there then I prefer reyes!

henry is at his best when he starts from the midfield and takes the ball up to the goal.. he isnt the kind of 'cherry picker' striker who stands in the box all game waiting for the ball to come to him

Wenger14

Established Member
I'm so frustrated and sick of this.

Pires needs to go, he is past it and annoyed me by his diving antics and foul at the end.
Henry needs to realise what his role as a player in the team is. He is our key man and if he is going to continue playing as a winger , we are going to score less than half the goals that we scored last season. How can we expect to score when our box is empty for 89 mins of the game, it's just pathetic.

We need another experienced midfielder, and an out and out striker. Cambell needs to come back soon.

3 players impressed me today, Lehman, Toure and Hleb. Lehman has been immense since he came back into the team and I would go as far as to say he is probably the best if not one of the best Keepers in the EPL atm. It would be hard to disagree with that.

Purchases need to be made and they need to be made fast. Striker and Midfielder are the key positions, a GK as well. I really don't see us standing a chance at any trophy this season with our current squad and the way we are currently playing.

I will be supporting Arsenal even from my grave, even on the day we are relegated into a non league club, even on a day when my arms and legs are cut off in a threat to support another team. But I am thoroughly disappointed with the way we are playing and with the approach to our game. This is going to get us nowhere. Thierry Henry was the ****ing worst player on the pitch today after Pires. I have so much hate for them at the moment, arrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh i need to go get drunk and sleep over this, i just feel like slitting my wrist off, the pain is too much.

Common Arsenal Common Arsène, show us what you've got, prove me wrong come end of season!!!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

There were times when henry was standing outside the box when there were players making to the by line , I can't question Henry or his commitment but I can't think of any reasons why he would not be steaming in at least to draw defenders to him. Surely you try every means to score a goal in a tight game like that or at least try something different?

A

Anonymous

KingReyes said:
Can someone please tell me what Chelsea did that made them better than us? They defended well but guess what so did we, they got a lucky goal just like the goal we scored in 2003/04 when Cudicini spilt the ball and it bounced off Henry's knee to go in.

My only concern is our lack of end product up front, no one in the box, Henry trying to become the world's best left winger instead world's best striker and therefore no out and out striker.

And lets not overact with this Henry being captain effecting his game thing. its the second game of the season. There's plenty of time to evaluate his game, are people actually going to say he would have played a good game if the armband was on someone else's arm?
They had a shot cleared off the line, saved by the face of Lehmann, and chances prvented by Toure. They also scored and defended better than us.

We had a tame shot straight at cech and a bouncing shot he made more of than he should have. They were better than us. They looked like they would score when Drogba came on, and we never looked like scoring

the dawn raids

Established Member
Spike said:
My stance at the beginning of the season was that we could manage with what we already have. Now from what I've witnessed today, I firmly believe we do need another striker or midfielder to add something special and to give us an alternative to our game right now.

Also, it's obvious that we struggled to control Drogba, and if we can't handle a player of his quality, then I'm dreading the prospect of playing against the top forwards in the Champions League. I'm not calling out for a new defender, I'm just pointing out the Toure-Senderos at the moment is not good enough, and that we could see an improvement with Campbell back in the lineup.

This isn't over-reacting, I'm just stating the obvious, and it's clearly obvious that we're not good enough or as good as we thought we were at this moment.

i agree with everything there, except the questioning of the toure-senderos partnership. i thought they played well today, albeit Senderos with the shaky last 15 minutes. still, hes not 100% match fit yet and had many timely interventions, and one bit of bad luck with a ball off of a shin. we still need another defender, because if someone gets injured were in for real problems. but i can live with senderos and toure for a while if we have to.

Wenger14

Established Member
If Henry continues to play like this, he needs to be axed. Otherwise he is just going to continue playing poorly.

tristan

kiddou said:
Tristan,
you can not judge player being offside or onside based on moment before the ball is kicked/passed towards him.
Offside rule applies for the moment after the ball was kicked/passed.

So if a ball is kicked and I get the jump on a defender one second after the ball is moving I'm offside for the defender being slow?

Wenger14

Established Member
I really don't know if i am overreacting atm. But i'm not in a normal frame of mind, and expectedly so. Hope I made some sense, Going to go get something to drink and will be back later.

nazo

Established Member
oh comeon everyone the past is the past
we lost and it cant be changed
now everyone ,including AW, knows that we need an extra player or 2 in our squad to strengthen it

kanuuu

Established Member
Kwame said:
KingReyes said:
Can someone please tell me what Chelsea did that made them better than us? They defended well but guess what so did we, they got a lucky goal just like the goal we scored in 2003/04 when Cudicini spilt the ball and it bounced off Henry's knee to go in.

My only concern is our lack of end product up front, no one in the box, Henry trying to become the world's best left winger instead world's best striker and therefore no out and out striker.

And lets not overact with this Henry being captain effecting his game thing. its the second game of the season. There's plenty of time to evaluate his game, are people actually going to say he would have played a good game if the armband was on someone else's arm?
They had a shot cleared off the line, saved by the face of Lehmann, and chances prvented by Toure. They also scored and defended better than us.

We had a tame shot straight at cech and a bouncing shot he made more of than he should have. They were better than us. They looked like they would score when Drogba came on, and we never looked like scoring

Drogba also missed a sitter at the end when Senderos spectacularly ****ed up.

thegame24

Established Member
Like i said 2 weeks ago

USELESS in attack

USELESS in defence

Never have i been so displeased with arsenals potential

Buy some ****ing players NOW we aint gonna win big things by creating 2 chances in 3 ****ing games

nazo

Established Member
i think if ljungberg continued to play... the score might have been different because him and lauren were linked up good and played good..
after all this who thinks we should buy a player, lets say, like rossiky

lee1001

Established Member
This is going to be hard, its so easy to start slagging off players, Wenger and Chelsea, but im going to try and be philosophical in my opinions.

I think we are going to have to accept that we are currently in a transitional period at the moment.

I think we have taken one step back to make two steps forward.
Pires and Bergkamp are fading forces. We have lost Vieira. Campbell barely ever plays these days. This leaves us with a very good young side. But not one that is capable of winnning the CL or PL YET.

Last year we didn't beat Chelsea or Man Utd once (FA Cup aside).
Already this season we have lost to Chelsea twice. Its been a while since I have considered us underdogs when playing against Man Utd and Chelsea, but this season we are and I will be surprised if we can get anything better than a draw in those games. Unfrotunatly, Ferguson and Mourinho have bettered Wenger in the tactics, unless something drsatic happens, i don't think that will suddenly change.
I haven't seen any signs that we have improved to allow us to get further in the CL so im not going to hold any hopes of getting anywhere near the final either.

Don't get me wrong, I think we will be in the chase for the title all season, Chelsea won't win by 15 points again. We are going to have some fantastic days over the course of the season and I can't wait for those days when we are drooling over 3-4 nil wins against lesser opponants, however my expectations against the big sides have been reduced.

I really think Hleb is something special, everytime he got the ball today he looked creative and dangerous. I think he could be excellent in the Bergkamp role with Henry on the shoulder of the last defenders.

We need to get behind the players, encourage the younger ones to develop and gain valuable experience and look forward to the move to the new stadium.

air

All this talk. I'll read tomorrow but post now...

Man Utd - Arsenal at Old Trafford last season, the same game at the FA Cup final, now this... all games decided by a bit of luck. That's just the way these tight games go. On 30 mins I said Chelsea win 1-0 with a late lucky goal.

It's frustrating, but we didn't play to match our ability. If Arsenal play as good as the players' ability allows, we can pass and move and win. Unfortunately we are not doing that often enough. Change everything and play long ball? I don't think so. This team has won before and will do it again.

Pires, please track back every now and then? It would help us a great deal and it's hurting the team that one midfielder is not doing his share of defending.

jonmoody61

I am just back from the Bridge. Quite angry, and feel my comments would lead to a banning maybe... it's alot, LOT worse when you are there. Nearly all kicked off outside too.

Very lucky.

patrick42uk

Established Member
disappointed with the attack. it has to be said, its a concern how easily chelsea have stifled us in the last 2 games. even newcastle kept us out but for a lucky break. i hope its because its still so early in the season.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom