• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 21/08/05

SAKURABA

they ahve money...they have te rights to spend it...we have moeny we spalsh out 250k on Song...nice joke.

Allyboy

Established Member
James said:
Oh, and today showed us gooners can generate some atmosphere. Awesome stuff.

Yeah it was really good today, but it makes you wonder why can't we do that every week?

At home you have the enormous drag factor of the day trippers and the yuppies but away there should be no excuse.

Today definitely whet my appetite for WHL though!

James

Established Member
Allyboy said:
James said:
Oh, and today showed us gooners can generate some atmosphere. Awesome stuff.

Yeah it was really good today, but it makes you wonder why can't we do that every week?

At home you have the enormous drag factor of the day trippers and the yuppies but away there should be no excuse.

Today definitely whet my appetite for WHL though!
God knows mate. I was directly behind the goal, but under where the boxes used to be, so i couldn't stand myself without being able to see the other goal, but it was great that everyone stood for the entire 90 minutes.

I think it was just the ocassion that made it such a great atmosphere, but it should be like that every week. No excuses with away games really, it certainly used to be the case, but the muppets have been turning up to the away games too of late.

JazzG

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Not replacing Vieira is madness, and we will pay for it.

Agree with that. We needed someone to drive from central midfield today and there was nothing there. Fabregas is quality but even he can't do much when there are 8 bloody blue shirts infront of him.

Main problem today was just too much passing at times, we keep trying to pass the ball into the net. Hleb was very good but he was doing the same at times and when he had a chance to pull the trigger he just passes the ball. RvP used to be a bit of a greedy ****er but now he is at it as well!

Attack we might get away with but if we don't buy another CB and CM we are gonna be in for a rough season. Reason for CM is obvious but CB because Sol has become injury prone and Senderos will be a top player but he isn't 100% ready for the physical side of the game yet and obviously struggles against strong forwards, remember Akinbyi run him ragged at Highbury once so obviously a flaw there in his game. Considering his size it shouldn't bother him.

Another forward would be ok I guess but would become a bit difficult for us as we have Henry, Bergkamp, RvP, Reyes and Quincy who can play there. Also who really is available and quality for a good price?

marhes26

Michael Owen Please. I'm fed up of flick,turn,pass,one-two with no end product. Do we have a phobia about shooting?

Wenger wont go for Owen because Owen will go straight for goal instead of doing a hundred flicks and eye of the needle passes. We have tried to walk the ball in twice against them in a matter of 2 weeks!! livid!! :evil:

kel varnsen

Established Member
JazzG said:
RockyRocastle said:

Agree with that. We needed someone to drive from central midfield today and there was nothing there. Fabregas is quality but even he can't do much when there are 8 bloody blue shirts infront of him.

what you mean is we need the old vieira, not the one we have seen for the last 18 months or so. one might as well say we need a 27-28 year old bergkamp... vieira was basically useless last year; let's not forget that...

kel varnsen

Established Member
marhes26 said:
Michael Owen Please. I'm fed up of flick,turn,pass,one-two with no end product. Do we have a phobia about shooting?

Wenger wont go for Owen because Owen will go straight for goal instead of doing a hundred flicks and eye of the needle passes. We have tried to walk the ball in twice against them in a matter of 2 weeks!! livid!! :evil:

wenger won't go for owen because he is a useless midget. if we are going to sign a striker, it'd better be a world class footballer. someone like cassano...

Tegh

Established Member
We should of had at least two penalties, one for a Makelele ''challenge'' on Cole inside the area, and another for a handball of the ''man of the match'' Lampard. What a pile of horse ****, that guy did sweet F.A all game, and they give him MOTM? It's a god damn disgrace.

Their goal was offside, and a total fluke, Senderos should of been marking Drogba tighter. People are going to be raving about Drogba, saying he's a player who is our worst nightmare, when he's utter sh!te, and a lucky SOB. He only got those two goals in the Community Shield because Senderos screwed up twice. Now he gets that goal? It's a joke.

*Angsty scream*

The referee today was a total c*nt, he didn't give anything our way, very rarely at least, and there were three decent penalty claims, two of which should of been given, and would of if he had taken his head out of his ass so he could breathe.

The referee lost us the game with his poor decision, and once again, Chelsea come away with a lucky 1-0 win. They, once again, didn't deserve it, just like Lampard didn't deserve MOTM.

What is promising though was Hleb's performance, and Toure was a rock in the heart of defense. Lehmann also had a good game, perhaps he could of done better with the goal, but he wasn't expecting it (nor was Drogba, and he was offside anyway, c*nt linesman). I hope Freddie isn't injured, we can't afford to have him out when Pires is playing like a two-trick pony. Henry was, as in the Community Shield, and vs Newcastle, sh!t. I hope he pulls his finger out soon, i'm a great admirer of him, he's wonderful and i don't usually give him stick. However, our defeat today really pissed me off, and we didn't deserve it, but our players have to perform better. We once again tried to pass it over the line, and it seems all teams have to do to make life extremely difficult for us, is put all their players behind the ball.

I believe we had the greater amount of possession again? That's no good when we don't do anything with it.

To conclude:

Chelsea are lucky bastards once more, Drogba is a fuc|<ing donkey, Pires is playing like a Geriatric, and Graham Poll and the fourth officials were playing for Chelsea. Their luck will run out, they aren't sh!t, and they weren't the better side, for two weeks running. We lost to a lucky goal, and we can take pride in our performance, although we didn't score, we had some good periods of possession play which were promising, and we will get better with every game as our youngsters improve. By no means is it over, just this game was very frustrating.

AxlGunners

I'm really looking forward to Reyes coming back soon. I can't believe Wenger keeps persisting with Pires. Henry and RVP also need more games under their belt because at the moment their useless together.

Canuck

Established Member
Agree that the boys were not good going forward today. But they weren't played off the pitch either. (The biggest test will still be ManUre) To say that they never looked like scoring is a bit harsh. Again, agree that there seems to be too many passes in and around the box for my liking. Upset things a bit to have Freddie go off. I hope that RVP blossoms into the prolific scorer that pretty much all of us know he can be. That would take pressure off Henry because he's going to have to give a bit more and bear a bit more weight to cpt. this team.
Cole is giving 100% for the team which is good to see. Defensively we were pretty good. They rode their luck a bit too. Yes Phil both had a good and a not so good game. He did his thing but I think nerves got the better of him. He'll learn.
Sol will school Dogbert in Dec...if he's still scoring goals and not on the bench then...
Great work by Kolo to keep Crespo on a leash.

There wasn't alot between the teams really. Ours were dealing with their attack, and they were doing a half decent job of keeping Thierry and co. out. Thought that was quite obvious.
Del Horno has already proved himself to be their best signing IMO. Screw Essien and SWP.
Tough on Jens, the goal was more of a deflection than a shot and it caught him out.

Thought that this summed it up nicely.
SkySports said:
It appeared that only a moment of genius would split the two sides, but instead it was a moment of utter luck that gave Chelsea the lead.

If it had been a moment of genius then we would have won. :wink:
Bottom line: We didn't play that well, Chelski didn't play that well. Things will have to get better but if Kolo, Hleb, Gil can keep form the others will work with that.
Come back soon Sol
Get back soon Freddie.

JazzG

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
JazzG said:
RockyRocastle said:

what you mean is we need the old vieira, not the one we have seen for the last 18 months or so. one might as well say we need a 27-28 year old bergkamp... vieira was basically useless last year; let's not forget that...

You're right but we need to find a player who offers something similar to that because it is missing from our side. I don't think he was at his best in our unbeaten season either but I remember the 3 matches we won against Chelsea and 2 of them were mainly down to him. He didn't play in the other match we won IIRC.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Watched the game and here are my thoughts:

The match was destined for a draw and it was only a moments lack of defensive concentration that cost us.I'm afraid, as per last season, this will be the difference. Chelsea do not lack concentration on all defensive tasks...I can recall one opportunity from a set piece where Gilberto got to the ball first, but even then it was way out from goal to be dangerous.

All up our defence was excellent today (but for that moments lapse)and it was our attack that failed if you ask me....we kept dilly dallying over the ball until movements broke down.

Ljunberg comming off was a big loss...we missed his industriousness today....it was teh type of match that he relishes.

I liked Hleb and think he deserves a regular spot in the team. Lehmann was good today....but he must share some of the balme for not organising the troops.

Wah twas Wenger thinking with teh Flamini subsitution? Where we trying to protect a 1- nil deficit? Did I miss something? Where was Reyes?

Anyway, like I said at teh start of the season consistency is the key and we can't affoard to be so generous to our opposition with defensive lapses like that.

BTW Drogba knew nothing about the goal, I'm glad the papers are reporting it as teh fluke it was!

rizan

_scorpion_ said:
I liked Hleb and think he deserves a regular spot in the team. Lehmann was good today....but he must share some of the balme for not organising the troops.

Agreed. Hleb should be starter next week. I don't blame Phil either, as the ball is totally offside. Maybe Chelski just bought referee assisstant too :twisted: If only Jens could aware of the ball, but he didn't. However, he was great before that goal arrived. I think we really need someone to score goals whenever strikers couldn't scored one.

DB10

the game was heading for a draw until didier dogshit fluked it. Dogshit is still absolutely crap and proved it when through on goal from 10 yards.

Overall we bossed the game, we had all the possession, played in their box 80% of the time, and had a couple of chances at goal. the game showed that we are not too far behind the ****s, i mean their three subs were worth 76m.

The only downside was Titi. After bigging up in the media about todays game, what did he do? absolutely jack all. yeah i suppoose he can score in any given moment, from anywhere, but the amount of time he was just standing there waiting for the ball really did me in.

Overall we played well, if not for that one offside fluke. Our gameplan changed when freddie went off, but although we stopped them from playing, we weren't creating anything ourselves, nameley cause of Henry.

Lehmann did nothing wrong, and save our bacon a couple of times as well......

the dawn raids

Established Member
i have to agree about Reyes; no way he shouldnt have been on the last few minutes at the very least. maybe Wenger thinks hes not ready for Chelseas physical nature or something, but why did we give him a big extension if were not going to play him? then again, maybe Wenger just thinks hes not match fit yet; who knows.

Chelsea: 3 substitutes; 71 million pounds. just ****ing absurd.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
DB10 said:
Overall we bossed the game, we had all the possession, played in their box 80% of the time, and had a couple of chances at goal. the game showed that we are not too far behind the ****s, i mean their three subs were worth 76m.

Er what game were you watching exactly because we seemed to be playing around their box for most of the game and whenever we got a decent cross in no one would be waiting in the box to finish..

hujja

Established Member
The biggest test is Manure. I know it's still miles away but I can't help not feeling too confident about that match. If we don't pick our game up soon, they could end up tearing us limb from limb.

Muppy

Damn, now i realise why Wenger wanted Baptista so badly, in games like this he would of shot a rocket ball or just barge into the Chelsea defence.

Anyway, like some of you said, the team passed the ball in the box too many times. In 2 matches in a row, 2 teams have basically defended all the way and prevented Arsenal from scoring(Newcastle did it with 10 men till 80+ mins).

I fear the worst if from now on, the rest of the teams do the same and Arsenal still walk into the goal. I just hope that the other teams aren't as good in defending though.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom