• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 21/08/05

sharpgunner

Really disappointed today, I am.
not change a thing, AW will.
win the championship, we might not.
hell of a good team, we still will be.

IBL

Established Member
Lehman 7: Made some important saves, had no chance with that mis-control by Dogpile
Lauren 6.5: Solid but made some silly errors
Toure 8: had a really good game and worked hard til the end
Senderos 6.5: again struggled against that glorified Heskey, did ok first half
Cole 7: did well i thought, got forward well and defended against Robben and SWP well

Cesc 7: had a solid game I thought
Gilberto 7: did his job admirably, worked hard
Pires 5.5: largely ineffective
Hleb 8: thought he was our best player, hardly lost the ball and looked lively

Henry 6.5: very quiet, not involved enough
RvP 6: tried hard but couldnt get into the match

we missed Ljungberg, he looked dangerous early on with him, he was giving Del Horno a much tougher time than Pires who was poor.

mccroix

Lehmann- 7
Lauren- 6 good, but sometimes he didn't concentrate, some mistakes
Senderos- 6 started well in second half, worse last 20
Toure- 9 great match, could repeat performence against newcastle
Cole- 6 solid
Hleb- 8 nice! nice passes, good moves
Cesc- 6.5 tired-japp!
Gilberto- 7 did the job-jap!
Pires- 5 what is wrong with him??!?!
Freddie- 7 started well...would have helped us a lot
Henry- 6 much to deep, not good with the ball-but never gave up defensively
RVP- 6 not good! reason: position maybe

Lukazan

Established Member
Re: Rat5ings vs Chelsea

SAKURABA said:
Lehman 5- Misplayed the goal...should have stayed on his freaking line
Lauren-7 played good...
Toure 7- same as lauren
Senderos 3- not Arsenal material atm
Cole 7- done well
Pires 4- piss poor
Ljunberg- 5 piss pore when he play
Gilberto 7- Invisible
Fabreags 7- okl
Hleb 8- our best player
Henry 5- piss poor eprformance
v.Persie 6- ok performance
Flamini 5- none-factor

Wenger 2= Playing Pires no reyes...Falimini on when we need a goal...
not buying anyone

Conclusion; need to sell= Ljunberg,Pires

need to buy 1 central midfielder , 1 winger 1 goalkjeeper, Kompany , Owen...

i'm angry at Arsenal disgusted at Wenger...

i think Arsenal need a new manager...the team is going nowhere at the moment...

have a goiod night all

Sell Ljungberg?

"Ljunberg- 5 piss pore when he play"

Are you on crack mate? Ljungberg gets a 5 for making a goal line clearence and then getting an injury?

Have you been under a rock for the past 6-7 months? Ljungberg has been one of our most consistent performers!! So hard working and so clearly wants to win. Yes sometimes he isn't the most skillful of players but his workrate and effort should NEVER be criticised.

Lehmann 7 - NO CHANCE with the Drogba fluke goal, but other than that made 2-3 excellent stops and his throwing is brilliant. I believe he's a changed man and can prove he is one of the best in the Prem.

Cole 6 - Marked SWP well and generally did well. Idiotic at the end though when he lost the ball and then took a swipe at one of Chelsea's players. Get a brain boy.

Lauren 6 - Decent defensively, decent attacking. Nothing much at all created down Chelsea's left side which says alot for Lauren.

Toure 7 - Looked calm and our best defender. Made a great run at the end and ALWAYS looks like he wants to win more than anyone else.

Ljungberg 6 - Vital goal line clearence and was battling (as always) until injury forced him off.

Hleb 9 - AWESOME. Lost the ball once I recall and that was when Cole lashed the ball at him (an apparent pass) from about 10 yards away. Has skill, pace, can dribble and pass.

Fabregas 6 - Not one of his better games but considering his age it was more than enough from the lad. Worked hard and showed some nice passing. Looked tired towards the end though.

Gilberto 6 - First 3 quarters of the game was his usual invicible self which is always a good thing. Won the ball and kept it simple. Became extremely sloppy once Chelsea had scored though..

Pires 5 - Very disappointed when I saw he was playing just behind Henry (it usually doesn't work at all) but he did suprisingly well for the short time he played there. Then it was back to the right wing and apart from the volley I don't remember him much.

Henry 4 - Needs to do more. Yes I know he can't do what he does against the likes of Norwich and Charlton because obviously Chelsea are a gulf in class apart.. but he just isn't giving his all. Looked lazy and disinterested.

Persie 5 - Battled hard but never had any time on the ball.

Flamini - Meh, not long enough to make an impact.

dafish

ya i didn't understand why bergie wasn't on the pitch after we went down by one. instead flamini came on.

i would have thought bergie would replace bobby. but turned out flam came on for cesc who i think had a better game than pires overall. though pires did do better it was too late. had he played the same way during the first half we'd be a lot better off.

i think pires is just too use to the left side with cole overlapping him and paddy covering him and henry drift near him.

helb did well. showed flashes of what he can do but needs to get use to the flow of our game.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I think Dennis didn't come on simply because Arsène knew Chelsea would snuff him out. In which case Reyes should have been on the bench instead.

SAKURABA

i don'T balme Ljunberg effort he give 110% on the pitch but he miss some touchs and give away the ball on too many occasions...i'm not a fans of him sorry.

Wenger14

Established Member
Lehman - 7.5 - made some good saves
Cole - 7
Lauren - 7
Senderos - 6.5 still looking inexperienced, but will learn
Toure - 8 looked brilliant both in defense and attack
Pires - 4 Needs to go
Ljunberg - 7 Pity he got injured, he may have been the difference
Hleb - 7.5 Immense, great future ahead of him
Fabregas - 7
Gilberto - 7
Henry - 5 Needs to sort himself out and he needs to do it soon
RVP - 6 Nothing special
Flamini - 6 (wasn't on for too long so hard to judge)

Karlos2

Hopefully his injury isnt too bad, shouldnt be as apparantly it was because he clattered into the Advertising board.

Jens - 7 Regained my confidence in him, likewise it seems our back four has too.
Cole - 7 A committed performance, had Wright phillips in his back pocket.
Senderos - 6 Not going to jump on his back because the lads still young, an improved performance from his pre season showings but still plenty to learn,i feel he would benefit from a rest.
Toure - 8 Great performance from Kolo, followed on from his great performance against the Barcodes.
Lauren - 7 Solid and Committed.
Freddie- 6.5 Lost him through injury, started well and was very dissapointed to see him go off.
Pires - 5 Didnt really get involved, maybe down to job of stopping Makalele, not going to write him off yet.
Fab - 7 Decent showing, games like these can only benefit him.
Bert - 7 Solid performance.
Hleb - 8 For me he was the best player in redcurrant today.
Henry - 5 Poorest player in Redcurrant for me today along with Bob.
Van Persie - 7 Got involved and showed some nice touches, also enjoyed him kicking out at Gallas the rentboy :D
Flamini - Little time to impress.

Overall disspaointed with the result, ****ing jammy rentboys, but no point in being downbeat about it, heres to thrashing Fulham on Wednesday.

VCC

Anyone who says Jens should have stayed on his line is crazy. If Drogba controls the ball and Jens is on his line it's a goal every time. If Drogba controls the ball and Jens comes out he has a shot at saving it.

eddie_wills

Jens 6.5
one great save, commanded his box ok. Wasn't at fault for the goal, but didn't have to do much also

Ash 7
got forward well, but didn't provide enough width. Good defensively, Robben and Duff were quiet

Senderos 6.5
really don't understand some of the criticism he got. Bossed Crespo, and Drogba was useless when he came on no matter what anyone says. Stupid mistake at the end spoiled it a little

Kolo Toure 8
excellent toward the end of last season and excellent so far this season. Surpassed only by Gallas with regard to pacey, covering centre backs in this league. Vocally excellent also and 100% committed. Very very impressed by this guy at the moment

Lauren 7
didn't get forward enough, but then couldn't leave Kolo and Phil 2 on 2 with Robben (who was staying forward when we attacked - maybe a ploy) at the back when we had the ball. Defensively super, good in possession

Hleb 7
not as good as everyone is saying I don't think, didn't really do that much of note. Worked hard however, showed some nice touches and really seems to have everything it takes to succeed in this league

Gilberto Silva 5.5
a few good tackles, but late in the game especially his passing was really atrocious. Wasn't disciplined enough defensively at times, shown up by Makelele on the day.

Fabregas 6
very hit and miss. He looked like an erratic 18 year old who shouldn't be a first choice player in a team with aspirations of winning things, which is pretty accurate generally

Pires 5.25
first 5 minutes he stuck to Makelele like glue and I was convinced he would have a largely unseen role stifling Makelele in the game. I think he can play the Bergkamp role, and I think he wants to. At right wing he was useless, but then to be fair he isn't really a right winger

RVP 5.5
committed, very little in terms of true quality in the match. Not a goal threat, didn't create anything

Henry 5.5
his best work was defensively, which says everything

Gooner83

Lehman - 7 no way he could have stopped the goal
Cole - 8 handled phillips well and drove forward
Lauren - 7 solid
Senderos - 3 clumbsy, slow.. dumb
Toure - 9 seen more goal action than some of our attackers
Pires - 6 ineffective, very concerned
Ljunberg - 7 he looked good before the injury, might have been the difference.
Hleb - 9.5 amazing dribbling skills, cutting defence passes, uses the ball really well
Fabregas - 7 looks tired
Gilberto - 6 looks unfit
Henry - 4 did hardly anything
RVP - 5 tried his best to get into the game but it was already going.
Flamini - 6 fitter looker than fabregas

JoseReyes29

Re: Rat5ings vs Chelsea

SAKURABA said:
Lehman 5- Misplayed the goal...should have stayed on his freaking line
Lauren-7 played good...
Toure 7- same as lauren
Senderos 3- not Arsenal material atm
Cole 7- done well
Pires 4- piss poor
Ljunberg- 5 piss pore when he play
Gilberto 7- Invisible
Fabreags 7- okl
Hleb 8- our best player
Henry 5- piss poor eprformance
v.Persie 6- ok performance
Flamini 5- none-factor

Wenger 2= Playing Pires no reyes...Falimini on when we need a goal...
not buying anyone

Conclusion; need to sell= Ljunberg,Pires

need to buy 1 central midfielder , 1 winger 1 goalkjeeper, Kompany , Owen...

i'm angry at Arsenal disgusted at Wenger...

i think Arsenal need a new manager...the team is going nowhere at the moment...

have a goiod night all

total spastic

jay-d said:
Henry was s**t but how can anyone give Pires a higher mark?

Dont blame Henry my son it was Arsehole Wengers fault tactically the geeza has lost it, it seems Arsène is lost for ideas at this moment and time maybe Dave Dein should have a word but as the Henry Bashin im not havin it..

Mark

Established Member
Lehmann - 8 - Faultless. Might've done better for the goal, but not really his fault, and he looked solid throughout. Very impressive.

Lauren - 6 - Kept Duff pretty quiet for most of the game, but didn't get forward much.

Toure - 8 - Looking back to his best. Some great challenges and blocks.

Senderos - 6.5 - Not as bad as everyone keeps saying. Seems to have problems with Drogba though.

Cole - 5 - Kept getting caught out by the same long ball from Terry. Acted stupid towards the end as well.

Freddie - 7 - Did well until he got injured. Will be a big loss.

Gilberto - 6.5 - Didn't stand out much, which is usually a good thing. Did his job.

Fabregas - 5.5 - Poor display from Cesc. Looked tired and nervous at times.

Pires - 4 - Awful, and also acted like a tw*t towards the end. I'm getting sick of this guy, to be honest.

Hleb - 8.5 - Our best player. Lively and skillfull and has clearly settled into our team well.

Henry - 6 - Far too deep. Just not what we needed today.

RvP - 6 - Tried hard, and did alright, but couldn't really influence the game.

jay-d

Established Member
Mark said:
Lehmann - 8 - Faultless. Might've done better for the goal, but not really his fault, and he looked solid throughout. Very impressive.

Lauren - 6 - Kept Duff pretty quiet for most of the game, but didn't get forward much.

Toure - 8 - Looking back to his best. Some great challenges and blocks.

Senderos - 6.5 - Not as bad as everyone keeps saying. Seems to have problems with Drogba though.

Cole - 5 - Kept getting caught out by the same long ball from Terry. Acted stupid towards the end as well.

Freddie - 7 - Did well until he got injured. Will be a big loss.

Gilberto - 6.5 - Didn't stand out much, which is usually a good thing. Did his job.

Fabregas - 5.5 - Poor display from Cesc. Looked tired and nervous at times.

Pires - 4 - Awful, and also acted like a tw*t towards the end. I'm getting sick of this guy, to be honest.

Hleb - 8.5 - Our best player. Lively and skillfull and has clearly settled into our team well.

Henry - 6 - Far too deep. Just not what we needed today.

RvP - 6 - Tried hard, and did alright, but couldn't really influence the game.

Please tell me how can you give Cole a 5? Get over your vendetta he was one of the best players today. And explain how he acted stupid towards the end?

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom