• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 21/08/05

JazzG

Established Member
Lehman - 7.5 - Good game

Cole - 6.5 - Kept getting caught out by that cross field ball, otherwise ok

Lauren - 6.5 - Solid

Senderos - 5.5 - Ok until Drogba came on!

Toure - 8.5 - Returning to kind of form he showed in 03/04. Top stuff

Pires - 5 - Really poor

Ljunberg - 7 - Good while he was on the pitch

Hleb - 8.5 - Was wondering if he could cut it against the top teams and he can, my god he can! Looked quality but like our other lot sometimes plays a pass too many. His dribbling was good, some of the Chelsea players couldn't get near him and he did them with skill not pace. Top stuff and he has to start from now on.

Fabregas - 6 - Looked a bit off the pace.

Gilberto - 6.5 - Did ok I thought

Henry - 5 - Hoping that captaincy would make him less grumpy but doesn't seem to have done the trick. Not a good game from our main man.

RVP - 6 - Tried but couldn't get into the game.

YourFriendPaul

VCC said:
Anyone who says Jens should have stayed on his line is crazy. If Drogba controls the ball and Jens is on his line it's a goal every time. If Drogba controls the ball and Jens comes out he has a shot at saving it.

Here here. Hind sight is 20/20 on the fluke goal, but there were would have been several more goals today, if Lehman had stayed on his line.

It's amazing though, as usual, the wide range of opinion on ratings, and performances. From 'we played great' to 'we should sack them all, and start over'. Personally, until I am good enough with a ball to keep up with the junior ladies reserve league, I don't feel qualified to rate these players. Class, all of them, on both sides. I'll be curious to see if the players, and manger in the hot seat today, will still be considered crap next week, and the weeks after that...

Mark

Established Member
jay-d, he was taking far too much time on the ball, ended up losing it to Essien, and then just tripped the guy up. I thought that was pretty damn stupid with such little time left.

SoUL

lehmann - 7 solid performance unlucky with drogba's goal

lauren - 7 was impressed with him today never looked like being beaten

cole - 6 had a little difficulty dealing with the cross field ball but otherwise did pretty well

toure - 8 looked very good at the back today

senderos - 5 looked a little panicky when drogba was about and maybe could of reacted quicker for the goal but still he is only young and a great prospect

ljungberg - 6 when he was on i was impressed, hope he aint out for long

hleb - 8 our best player on pitch for me though he faded a little at the end. whenever he had the ball we looked like we might be able to do something

gilberto - 7 solid performance as ever from the wall

fabregas - 6 tried hard and a few good passes but had a tough midfield to play against

pires - 4 before freddie went off hassled makele quite well but after that went missing abit

henry - 5 tried hard and got some good tackles in but lacked cutting edge in front of goal with his few chances

van persie - 5 tried hard and did the odd good thing but generally not effective

flamini - not on long enough really

AxlGunners

I thought Pires was awlful. He dived at least a couple of times in that game, and his smiling at the end of the match annoyed me a bit.
It seems freddies out for a while so i would like to see Hleb on the right, and Reyes on the left.

jay-d

Established Member
Mark said:
jay-d, he was taking far too much time on the ball, ended up losing it to Essien, and then just tripped the guy up. I thought that was pretty damn stupid with such little time left.

Cole worked his socks off. And he kicked the grubby **** cause he was pissed and I would have done the same. At least it showed he cared unlike Pires laughing at the end, I couldn't believe that, after putting in a gutless show how can you laugh. Thats the difference, Fungie or MourinHOE wouldn't stand for Pires's displays and attitude.

sharpgunner

Jay-d, i think the pires laugh was suppose to be sarcarstic. Duff dived to earn some extra time and Pires obviously did not like it. He does care.

ozgooner

i would agree with cole getting a rating of about 5..he did work hard but gave up so much ball with bad passing and it really looked like he didnt want to be out there, 1 other thing i cant understand why $$ fans were booing rvp??

_scorpion_

Established Member
Kwame said:
Lehmann 7-- did not nothing wrong
Lauren 7.5 Had Robben in his pocket
Senderos 6 Will learn
Toure 8.5 great match
Cole 7.5 tireless. good in defense and ran the length of the pitch 15+ times
Hleb 8 good, unpredictable player. tracks back when he loses the ball
Cesc 6.5 uninspired
Gilberto 6.5 usual performance from him
Pires 5 pathetic/lazy uncreative
Henry 5 pathetic/lazy uncreative
vPersie 6.5 needed better supply

For once, I totally agree with you!

ozgooner

Re: Rat5ings vs Chelsea

cesc2005 said:
SAKURABA said:
Lehman 5- Misplayed the goal...should have stayed on his freaking line
Lauren-7 played good...
Toure 7- same as lauren
Senderos 3- not Arsenal material atm
Cole 7- done well
Pires 4- piss poor
Ljunberg- 5 piss pore when he play
Gilberto 7- Invisible
Fabreags 7- okl
Hleb 8- our best player
Henry 5- piss poor eprformance
v.Persie 6- ok performance
Flamini 5- none-factor

Wenger 2= Playing Pires no reyes...Falimini on when we need a goal...
not buying anyone

Conclusion; need to sell= Ljunberg,Pires

need to buy 1 central midfielder , 1 winger 1 goalkjeeper, Kompany , Owen...

i'm angry at Arsenal disgusted at Wenger...

i think Arsenal need a new manager...the team is going nowhere at the moment...

have a goiod night all

suk,

i agree with 200%. i for one has been calling for wenger's head for the last 2 yrs because he is a stubburn coach who fails to realise we nned strengthing. Unfortualtely in this forum people do not realise that because of what he has done in the past. I lokk at what he he has done now and in the future which in my opinion is f**k all.

Henry is a lazy player and always will be

I for 1 am calling for YOUR head i think u should be sacked from this forum :evil:

Muppy

Re: Rat5ings vs Chelsea

ozgooner said:
I for 1 am calling for YOUR head i think u should be sacked from this forum :evil:

I second that.

Back to topic.

Lehmann 7.5 - Was good, made 2 good and important saves. I won't blame him for the goal too much as it was offside.

Toure 7.5 - Great work, managed to keep Crespo quiet and worked hard.

Senderos 6.5 - I thought he was good, especially for a young lad. Well, i don't think he's world class yet and i expect some sort of a slip up in matches. However, he did alright.

Lauren 7 - He finally got to keep a fast winger quiet, Robben.

Cole 8 - I thought he gave 110%. Absolute class, totally owned Robben and SWP. Even runs so far to attack.

Pires 5.5 - WTF is he doing. I like Pires but that was just bloody awful. I know he's a good player so i expect much much more from him.

Ljunberg 7.5 - Class act. I'm really starting to like him. He is without a doubt vital to Arsenal IMO. Works extremely hard both attacking and tracking back. He is the one who makes runs into the box from the right to score. I can't believe the amount of bullshit he gets in the forum.

Fabregas 6.5 - I know he is special but he's an 18 year old. Did well for his age, i can see his ideas from his passes but the Chelsea defence read them well.

Gilberto 7 - He was fine.

Hleb 8 - Damn, he reminds me of Ronaldinho. Amazing dribbler and what a passer of the ball. If Henry was on form he would of had a few assists. Can't believe this is only his 2nd game in the EPL with Arsenal. God knows what he is capable of after 2 seasons, i really think he is capable of reaching Ronaldinho's standard.

RvP 6.5 - Well, at least he had the balls to actually shoot at Chelsea.

Henry 6 - The amount of people marking him really shut him up but he showed good vision at times, especially when he made that pass to Freddie who almost scored. I expect more from him since he's one of the best strikers.

Flamini 5 - Not enough time to judge

Anyway, i was surprised Bergkamp didn't have a chance to play. I thought he would be subbed into the game at some point.

kamikaze80

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
Kwame said:
Lehmann 7-- did not nothing wrong
Lauren 7.5 Had Robben in his pocket
Senderos 6 Will learn
Toure 8.5 great match
Cole 7.5 tireless. good in defense and ran the length of the pitch 15+ times
Hleb 8 good, unpredictable player. tracks back when he loses the ball
Cesc 6.5 uninspired
Gilberto 6.5 usual performance from him
Pires 5 pathetic/lazy uncreative
Henry 5 pathetic/lazy uncreative
vPersie 6.5 needed better supply

For once, I totally agree with you!
likewise, tho i'd give lehmann a 7.5, he made some fantastic saves when chelsea looked certain to score. id give pires a 4, he was a negative influence on the pitch, literally did not contribute anything. and henry, as tightly marked as he was, could have at least opened up space for others or made some runs off the ball to try to break the trap. he was playing too deep for my taste.

jay-d

Established Member
ozgooner said:
i would agree with cole getting a rating of about 5..he did work hard but gave up so much ball with bad passing and it really looked like he didnt want to be out there, 1 other thing i cant understand why $$ fans were booing rvp??
Well you obviously know nothing about football.

ozgooner

jay-d said:
ozgooner said:
Well you obviously know nothing about football.

oh i am so sorry that i made an opinion u dont agree with therefore i know nothing about football...i better stop staying up till 3am like last night to watch the arse, i better stop spending my hard earned $$ on arsenal merchandise and i better stop having input on this site just because my opinion disagreed with yours. How about asking people for reasons behind their views instead of assuming they know nothing.

I dont know u but i could assume that your a ******..who knows? but it would be wrong of me without asking for your reasons

lewdikris

Established Member
Nice to see the board has gone into it's usual Invasion of the Dickhead's state whenever we lose a game.

Plastics, muppets and children rule the waves whenever we don't win. What that says about them is a hell of a lot more than it says about Arsenal.

Crawl back under your rocks idiots.

jay-d said:
Mark said:
Lehmann - 8 - Faultless. Might've done better for the goal, but not really his fault, and he looked solid throughout. Very impressive.

Lauren - 6 - Kept Duff pretty quiet for most of the game, but didn't get forward much.

Toure - 8 - Looking back to his best. Some great challenges and blocks.

Senderos - 6.5 - Not as bad as everyone keeps saying. Seems to have problems with Drogba though.

Cole - 5 - Kept getting caught out by the same long ball from Terry. Acted stupid towards the end as well.

Freddie - 7 - Did well until he got injured. Will be a big loss.

Gilberto - 6.5 - Didn't stand out much, which is usually a good thing. Did his job.

Fabregas - 5.5 - Poor display from Cesc. Looked tired and nervous at times.

Pires - 4 - Awful, and also acted like a tw*t towards the end. I'm getting sick of this guy, to be honest.

Hleb - 8.5 - Our best player. Lively and skillfull and has clearly settled into our team well.

Henry - 6 - Far too deep. Just not what we needed today.

RvP - 6 - Tried hard, and did alright, but couldn't really influence the game.

Please tell me how can you give Cole a 5? Get over your vendetta he was one of the best players today. And explain how he acted stupid towards the end?

Your right there Jay D Cole was one our better players today, its just sad people giving him stick & he played so well. SWP was in Ashleys pocket when he came on..

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Some really good ratings on here and then some that are completely off the mark. Cole was excellent yesterday and gave 100%. Watching him against SWP was compelling viewing and I thought he dealt with him excellently.

And I also think some are being harsh on Senderos. I don't think the goal was a glaring mistake, he'll keep getting better for us, and I feel a lot safer with him at the back than Cygan. If you look at the goals to game ratio between them two players i'm sure you'll find that we let in fewer goals with Senderos playing. He'll keep getting better too

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom