• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson (Out: Pure Profit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Glad we kept him, think he's a late bloomer. Hopefully we actually feature him though.
Think he is probably one of the players last season with the smallest drop off in quality when he's come in and is unlucky to not have more starts but injury also plays its part. Wouldn't like to see him on the right though, think him and Martinelli should man the left side and rotate where necessary.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
To be fair these hale end guys cost the club nothing in terms of transfer fee, so their book will still be quite low despite the high wage.
Yeah & when it comes to selling, there will always be buyers. HG status & he is talented. I imagine a part of our thinking was to retain him as an asset so if he moves on we will at least get a fee for him. I hope he gets decent game time next season.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
100k? Lmao wow. That agent really doesn't **** around.
He should change his company name to Rinse-arsenal agency lol.

I really like Reiss but the World's kinda gone mad.

Tbf the figures may well be inflated. It serves the agent & Reiss well to make them appear large.
No way the club would leak figures like this.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Good deal for Reiss, Im glad he has been able to negotiate such good deal.

I'm expecting him to play his part this year.

DuBB

I expect he’ll play a much bigger part next season.

I think people often mistake Arteta’s lack of integration or rotation as dislike or distrust but it usually plays out that way because he doesn’t like to change things mid-stream. Probably not the best thing to be honest, but it’s clear that once you’re in, you’re in, even if it’s clear you should be out or you need a break.

We’ll know very early in the season (and in pre-season) how and where he plans on using the likes of Reiss and ESR etc.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Yeah & when it comes to selling, there will always be buyers. HG status & he is talented. I imagine a part of our thinking was to retain him as an asset so if he moves on we will at least get a fee for him. I hope he gets decent game time next season.
Yeah this is a fair point. Reiss is very talented. If he keeps working & improving he can push on.

The risk is not all players do & once they are on sizeable money it's harder to get a fee & move if they don't.

Record signing Pepe we may have to give away?

Like anything HG is still only a worthwhile investment if you are producing & worth somewhere near your wages.

I doubt Harry Maguire is going to have a long line of clubs wanting to pay him the big money he gets at Man U.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Wages Saved FC in shambles

Indeed for all the chest thumping and parading salary tables, the only thing the likes of Nketiah and Reiss have over the previous overpaid lot is age.

I like these lads and root for them, but it’s a bit weird what Arsenal are doing considering all the noise made previously.

Burrata

Player:Saka
Glad too

High ceiling and i hope we will not buy a cheap winger for 50 million or plus, there is absolutely no one in the market who can is worth the money

Kuroske

Think he is probably one of the players last season with the smallest drop off in quality when he's come in and is unlucky to not have more starts but injury also plays its part. Wouldn't like to see him on the right though, think him and Martinelli should man the left side and rotate where necessary.

And leave Trossard hanging? I think with resigning Reiss Nelson, the right winger position is now filled in their point of viw. Saka will play 60 games next year.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
And leave Trossard hanging? I think with resigning Reiss Nelson, the right winger position is now filled in their point of viw. Saka will play 60 games next year.
Doubt Saks will play 60 games. Reiss hopefully imho is good enough to get some game time on the right.

He needs to show it.

It may not be regular starts & mainly sub appearances but I think he is capable.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Like Nketiah we can always still sell next year. Good squad options to have anyway, as long as they’re willing to be just that.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Trossard is better centrally IMO. Don't see enough dynamism from him in that left sided role. I think he's someone that probably won't be here next Summer, as good as I think he's been.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Think the accountants will start panicking soon again

Its an added incentive to have our squad players play, to keep their stocks high. Especially after clearing out our wage bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom