• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu (Out)

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
Arsenal fans shave never appreciated his quality. He can play across the back 4, and should be playing left back against high quality opposition. Tomiyasu is the guy to play left ack when we play Liverpool and need to counter the quality of Salah. Agile, quick, strong, good with both feet. His role in this squad should not be taken for granted. If he was English and his last name was Thomas, or Brazilian and his name Thominio, then he might get rated higher, but I reckon people sell him short because he is Japanese. Japanese footballers are not typically great. But Tomiyasu is, and people who say him leaving would be no big deal are thick.

There is a reason its Bayern who are interested, and not Roma or Real Sociedad.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
on form i rather have him next to saliba and prefer him over zinny.
On form? He has 1 top game before returning to steady performances. He offers nothing going forward from full back. Both White and Zinchenko are clear. I like Tomi, but as soon as he has one good game, people go overboard.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
On form? He has 1 top game before returning to steady performances. He offers nothing going forward from full back. Both White and Zinchenko are clear. I like Tomi, but as soon as he has one good game, people go overboard.
Other than injury problems with Tomi, I don't see much difference between him and BW unless there is some nationality bias

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I like Tomi but we can't reject very big good bids.

About new contract im unsure to give him yet until he proves he stays fit

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Other than injury problems with Tomi, I don't see much difference between him and BW unless there is some nationality bias
There is a massive difference imo. Ben White is much better on the ball, greater passing range. Feel both Saka and Martinelli suffer a bit when Tomiyasu is behind them.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I actually don’t either, glad someone else said it.

Tomi is somewhat ambidextrous and less reliable injury wise, that’s the main difference I see.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Why now? We'll tie him down and he'll get injured and lose all value.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Why now? We'll tie him down and he'll get injured and lose all value.
He has 18 months left on his deal. They have an option to extend it but they probably want to give him a little pay rise to keep him happy too.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom