• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu (Out)

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Tomiyasu is a top player in a top team - if Bayern or any other club is willing to pay £50-60m then I'm sure Arsenal would have to think about it. Anything less than this is a non-starter imo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Problem is Bayer won't give us a "very big good bid".

I guess they would offer us something like 20m. I wouldn't sell him for less than 30m more in the range 35m - 40m.
Anything around 35M we should consider we won't be getting higher than this

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Tomiyasu is a top player in a top team - if Bayern or any other club is willing to pay £50-60m then I'm sure Arsenal would have to think about it. Anything less than this is a non-starter imo.
Its impossible you'll get that amount for squad players specially when our club is still sucks at selling if we not renewing his contract then around 35M€ is acceptable amount

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Its impossible you'll get that amount for squad players specially when our club is still sucks at selling if we not renewing his contract then around 35M€ is acceptable amount

35M euros is peanuts. Tomi isn't really a squad player - he's an integral part of the squad. Squad player to me is Nelson and Vieira.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

35M euros is peanuts. Tomi isn't really a squad player - he's an integral part of the squad. Squad player to me is Nelson and Vieira.
Nelson is not squad player. He is backup that only plays when we are desperate

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
35m is a decent fee. What do you really except from teams outside EPL?

DuBB

I'm very confused... to those debating what we should and shouldn't sell him for...

Why would we sell a valuable member of the squad only to immediately spend the money we sold him for trying to replace him, hoping the person you replace him with is as good as him?

It's not like we have 1 or 2 defenders too many.

If we sold him, he'd need replacing. And where are you going to find a 24 year old international who can play to a starting quality in 3 positions at Top 4 level?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - people love player movement. Even a sideways step, let alone a likely backwards move, is more exciting to fans than just status quo 😂

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I'm very confused... to those debating what we should and shouldn't sell him for...

Why would we sell a valuable member of the squad only to immediately spend the money we sold him for trying to replace him, hoping the person you replace him with is as good as him?

If we sold him, he'd need replacing. And where are you going to find a 24 year old international who can play to a starting quality in 3 positions at Top 4 level?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - people love player movement. Even a sideways step, let alone a likely backwards move, is more exciting to fans than just status quo 😂
and more…

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We can't get anything near his quality for that amount of money. Just because someone offers money doesn't mean we should consider selling.

Exactly, this is why I said 50-60m sterling and then we can maybe talk.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We can't get anything near his quality for that amount of money. Just because someone offers money doesn't mean we should consider selling.
We already have his replacement in Timber but even tho i won't consider selling Tomi until summer because we already short

Alkesh

We already have his replacement in Timber but even tho i won't consider selling Tomi until summer because we already short

I don't really see Timber as Tomiyasu's replacement. He's more a replacement for Zinchenko. Even when Timber comes back, there's a spot for someone who can cover across the whole backline effectively. We've been pretty lucky with avoiding injuries in the backline so far this season; 2-3 simultaneous injuries (especially at fullback) would be hard to manage for our squad as it stands.

To my mind, there are only two circumstances where we consider a sale for Tomiyasu. First, if it's an offer we can't refuse; something like 60m+. Second, in the summer we sell him to partially fund a move for a top player in the place of White/Gabriel. Even in that circumstance, I'd still opt to keep him if we can and move on from Cedric/Tierney.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Lol if we really bought Timber to play inverted left back then I don’t think Arteta should be given anymore money.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I love Tomiyasu, we really have to keep him, he has so much versatility, going by what Arteta has said I think he's very well liked within our squad which is just as important as game time these days imo.

As long as he is enjoying his time here whenever he gets minutes then I'd say he'll choose to stay with us. I doubt for someones versatility in the backline we'd be able to find anyone eitherway.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I’d sell for the right price, in summer though.

Another lengthy injury most will change their tune. I doubt Bayern are really in for him anyways he’s clocked that he’s on pittance compared to the rest of the squad lol.

Saw Kai tripping over the cones in training and got on the phone immediately.

Topside

Can play both full back positions and also center back, he's only 25 I bet MA loves his versatility.

If he agrees a new contract I'd be delighted, tad underrated in what he brings to the team/squad.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom