• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Shades of a young RVP in that his goal output isn't quite there yet but the type of goals he scores make it obvious he's got another level in him, that's a better highlight reel than most top strikers have at 30. Difference to RVP of course is he's won his team a title, physically on an entirely different level and not made out of glass

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Shades of a young RVP in that his goal output isn't quite there yet but the type of goals he scores make it obvious he's got another level in him, that's a better highlight reel than most top strikers have at 30. Difference to RVP of course is he's won his team a title, physically on an entirely different level and not made out of glass

Also crucially, according to certain AM statesmen, black and definitely not French.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Feel like we have a healthy big squad and would rather we sign 1-2 really top quality options to get to the next level. Would be nice to use talented guys like Walters, Nwaneri, Lewis-Skelly to fill out the squad.

Kvaratshkelia, Isak, R.Leao, Guimares, players of this ilk to give us more immediate quality.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Our attack is close, Saka, Martinelli, Jesus, Trossard and Havertz is a very high quality and versatile front five. For all the criticism we were 2nd top scorers in the league last season and top scorers this. Add Isak and you could pretty much pick any three from the six and make a balanced and dangerous forward line.

The defence is there for me with White, Saliba, Gabriel, Tomi, Timber, Zinchenko and Kiwior. Again pick any four from seven and you could make a solid back four.

Writing it out like this really brings into focus how much of a mess midfield is in comparison. I think we need to add three players to Rice, Ode and Jorginho to have the same kind of quality, depth and versatility.

If we could get Isak and three midfielders we would have 19 players for 10 outfield spots and would be a near perfect squad. Douglas Luiz, Joao Gomes and a cheaper leftfield Kiwior type of signing who would be happy being a fringe player initially while being moulded and coached to the required standard.

Unfortunately Isak, Luiz and Gomes + Another would cost between £200-250m so it looks unlikely we can do it all this Summer but who knows if we can sell Nelson, ESR and Nketiah for that horrible new FFP age term 'pure profit'

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Our attack is close, Saka, Martinelli, Jesus, Trossard and Havertz is a very high quality and versatile front five. For all the criticism we were 2nd top scorers in the league last season and top scorers this. Add Isak and you could pretty much pick any three from the six and make a balanced and dangerous forward line.

The defence is there for me with White, Saliba, Gabriel, Tomi, Timber, Zinchenko and Kiwior. Again pick any four from seven and you could make a solid back four.

Writing it out like this really brings into focus how much of a mess midfield is in comparison. I think we need to add three players to Rice, Ode and Jorginho to have the same kind of quality, depth and versatility.

If we could get Isak and three midfielders we would have 19 players for 10 outfield spots and would be a near perfect squad. Douglas Luiz, Joao Gomes and a cheaper leftfield Kiwior type of signing who would be happy being a fringe player initially while being moulded and coached to the required standard.

Unfortunately Isak, Luiz and Gomes + Another would cost between £200-250m so it looks unlikely we can do it all this Summer but who knows if we can sell Nelson, ESR and Nketiah for that horrible new FFP age term 'pure profit'

We need 2 midfielders minimum this window.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
lol yeah he's 6'7. Bremen just loaned him with an option to buy after Lyon bought him a year ago, he's an interesting prospect but not nearly good enough for us

Doué on the other hand 🔥 dribbles like Iniesta with pace

Mate of mine who watches a lot of Ligue 1 called this guy a Zidane regen, not difficult to see why watching that compilation.

Guy always turns into a monster on the recent FM versions and they have a pretty decent track record in terms of evaluating young players.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

lol yeah he's 6'7. Bremen just loaned him with an option to buy after Lyon bought him a year ago, he's an interesting prospect but not nearly good enough for us

Doué on the other hand 🔥 dribbles like Iniesta with pace

He's gotta be tall, gotta be smooth, gotta be tough & gotta be wiser...otherwise, what's the point of having a defender named Désiré?!!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Since Havertz moved to 9, around the Liverpool game, he’s got 6 G/A in 8 games. That’s a decent return considering the other stuff he gives to the team.

Agree with people saying the striker market is poor, guys like Gyokeres and Sesko wouldn’t get a game for us as it stands.

If someone like Rodrygo/Leao is gettable for for them.
Leao is still the dream for me. Overblown criticisms about his work rate don't bother me in the slightest. He's him.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Leao is still the dream for me. Overblown criticisms about his work rate don't bother me in the slightest. He's him.

His production has taken a nose dive this season, what's up with that? He's been a beast whenever I've watched him in the CL.

SupersoakerArsene

Already told we need to go for the young prospect market (French players)

Desire Doué (CAM/LM/CM) Rennais
Lucas Gourna-Douath (CDM) Salzburg
Leny Yoro (CV/CDM) Lille
Guillaume Restes (GK) Toulouse

Sell Bumketiah, Ramsdale, Elneny + Lokonga, Tavares, Tierney to get some money!

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom