• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Great manager was never given a fair shake. He did for whatever reason go on a horrible losing streak his second season. I still feel he could of worked at Arsenal if given one more year that Arteta was given

GunnerUK

Great manager was never given a fair shake. He did for whatever reason go on a horrible losing streak his second season. I still feel he could of worked at Arsenal if given one more year that Arteta was given
He lost the dressing room so was never getting support from the board. I’ve read Edu got strings of complaints from first team players about his managerial tactics and in the end you could see they wasn’t playing for him and wanted him out.

Once you lose that dressing room and respect you’re out of a job regardless who you are or what you’ve won. He is a good coach though, Farza - no doubt

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
He lost the dressing room so was never getting support from the board. I’ve read Edu got strings of complaints from first team players about his managerial tactics and in the end you could see they wasn’t playing for him and wanted him out.

Once you lose that dressing room and respect you’re out of a job regardless who you are or what you’ve won. He is a good coach though, Farza - no doubt

Yes but he was not given time to clear out and rebuild. For whatever reason Kroenke wanted Arteta more than Emery; so far it seems to have worked for both. I think he has had good results and didn’t see backing from top Arteta was.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Yes but he was not given time to clear out and rebuild. For whatever reason Kroenke wanted Arteta more than Emery; so far it seems to have worked for both. I think he has had good results and didn’t see backing from top Arteta was.
The dressing room Emery inherited was pure poison. At least with hindsight we can probably all agree that the dynamics were poor and that some players like Özil were just phoning it in, while others, like Auba, wanted to do their thing without too many limits set.

Also think Emery's successes now have to do with him learning from the first time around. HIs ability to communicate is probably much better now. He comes into a club that is smaller and where the focus from the media is less intensive and he has to do less PR and media work.

I don't think Emery got a fair shake here, but the club wasn't in a good enough position to give him that. Lot of work surrounding the club and squad needed to be done and Arteta has done it. Think if Emery came in to our club now he would do much better. He clearly can coach! Villa's run is really good. Makes our 3 points at their place look better and better!

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Maybe just destined to do well for teams with Villa in their name - Sevilla, Villarreal and Aston Villa.

The Wire Roland Brice GIF

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Had to be sacked when he lost the dressing room, but I don’t think the Arteta rebuild is possible without Emery starting the process.
I don't really get the whole lost the dressing room thing, surely Arteta lost the dressing room too since we were poor under him with those same players. It wasn't until he got rid of them and bought better players we could perform.

Wenger, Emery and Arteta all had the same issues with that squad of players, I was telling everyone for years those players were sh*t but I got labeled a troll and negative but now people can see the vision.

BigPoppaPump

No. We had money, we spent it on the wrong players. We had that nerd Sven Mislintat bringing in Bumdesliga players. I remember lots crying and throwing up when he left.
Remember when Big Pump was telling everyone he was a charlatan and the league of geniuses we all know as AM were crying over him like he was a messiah.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don't really get the whole lost the dressing room thing, surely Arteta lost the dressing room too since we were poor under him with those same players. It wasn't until he got rid of them and bought better players we could perform.

Wenger, Emery and Arteta all had the same issues with that squad of players, I was telling everyone for years those players were sh*t but I got labeled a troll and negative but now people can see the vision.

Weren’t the players openly mocking Emery’s accent?

As bad as it was under Arteta you always felt like he had the players under mind control apart from Aubameyang and Özil.

BigPoppaPump

Weren’t the players openly mocking Emery’s accent?

As bad as it was under Arteta you always felt like he had the players under mind control apart from Aubameyang and Özil.
Arteta got rid of all of them but Emery 'lost the dressing room' they both faced the same issues one was just allowed to overhaul the entire squad.

Also fans cut Emery no slack, people got mad at him for getting rid of that liability Ramsey like it was prime Vieira or something. Arsenal fans have awful taste in players tbh.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Arteta got rid of all of them but Emery 'lost the dressing room' they both faced the same issues one was just allowed to overhaul the entire squad.

Also fans cut Emery no slack, people got mad at him for getting rid of that liability Ramsey like it was prime Vieira or something. Arsenal fans have awful taste in players tbh.

Dressing room is more than two or three players tbh.

Even when we were losing at home to Burnley apparently all the players minus Auba and Laca still loved Arteta.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Maybe because Özil told him 'You are not a coach' during the EL final. He looked pretty weak when he said 'I've asked Mesut I hope he can be available to us' in that press conferance. As for the players being ****, it was as much the poor attitudes of the players. Özil thought he could show up when he wanted and Guenduzzi, Torreira and Auba had immature unprofessional attitudes. Few of the squad had the technical skill to play Arteta's tica taca.

And then we went on to concede 28 shots on goal to Watford of all teams and there were many other games were similar the season he got sacked. That team was in dissaray close to where Chelsea are today

Also in the first season Arteta did improve our position from the 12th place we were when he took over.

GDeep™

League is very weak
People talking about a “poisonous dressing” room, but let’s not forget his team were excellent for 85% of the season, should’ve got top 4, and went to a European Final with Unai.

The wheels came off at the end and Unai never recovered.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom