• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

100% this. People saying he's a Xhaka upgrade, on today's performance I don't see it. I'd want Partey, Xhaka and Bissouma all competing together. If folk wanna talk about a Xhaka upgrade then you're talking about a real baller in midfield, and frankly we don't have that kinda money, unless we unearth a hidden gem.

I'd buy Bissouma, and keep Xhaka.
Xhaka is actually quite good at what he does. The problem with him is his lack of pace and immobility slows down the game. He's the main reason our transitions are so slow which in turn is the reason we end up having a u-shaped pass map. If we're looking to upgrade midfield I agree we should keep Xhaka but make him backup.

Leandro Paredes is a very similar profile but faster and a bit more mobile. He's also very good at progressing and transitioning play.

Bentancur is not as progressive as Xhaka, but at the same time not too far behind and he has good defensive stats.

After the match today, how anyone could not want this guy is beyond me. He’s got a bit of everything and would transform our midfield and not because he’s going to rack up goals or assists but he’ll do the dirty work, very mobile, breaks up opposing attacks and can progress the ball forward. The too similar to partey narrative is a lazy one if you ask me. I’ll admit they’re too similar in the fact that they’re both athletic ballers that can actually run (looking at you xhaka)

tcahill

While he looks like a beast, people here are too dismissive of some very valid concerns.

-AFCON we already lose Pepe Auba and Partey. Losing 4 key players for 5-6 games could make or break a season. We missed out on top 4 by only six points in this turd of a season. Margins matter.

-Is he too defensive? I have to admit I haven't seen much of him play at all and am happy to be told otherwise, but a fair few people have mentioned he looks like primarily a ball winner. While him and Partey at CM would be an absolute wall, we'll get nowhere if we struggle to pass through opposing lines (sideways passing).

-40 mill is probably half our budget, unless Stan is giving us some extra pocket change. We have a lot of positions that need addressing. Someone like Berge would be half the price.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Im afraid we would be even worse to warch. Every side needs a ball winner and for us, that is Partey already. You can't have 2 of them...they don't complement each other. We need a progressive footballer, not someone looking to stop the other team from playing.

Why do you think Mascherano struggled at West Ham but was at home with Liverpool?

Guardiola once said if you have the ball, then why worry about defending? If we want Ticky tak style, thenn Bissouma is not the answer.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Im afraid we would be even worse to warch. Every side needs a ball winner and for us, that is Partey already. You can't have 2 of them...they don't complement each other. We need a progressive footballer, not someone looking to stop the other team from playing.

Why do you think Mascherano struggled at West Ham but was at home with Liverpool?

Guardiola once said if you have the ball, then why worry about defending? If we want Ticky tak style, thenn Bissouma is not the answer.

Hate to agree because I think Bissouma is brilliant but you are right. Unless we can actually sign Hakimi that is. I think if we could then it would balance it out.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

So Arsenal are gonna sign better ball players than every pl team and dominate possession every game next season? This is fantasy world, we need bissouma desperately. Don’t be fooled by the late surge that gave us 8th

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
So Arsenal are gonna sign better ball players than every pl team and dominate possession every game next season? This is fantasy world, we need bissouma desperately. Don’t be fooled by the late surge that gave us 8th
What are you talking man - none of our last 5 matches we looked dominant. We'll never look dominant without having more footballers that can dictate possestion.

We need to recruit properly this Summer and look throughout the world for the right talent. Probably not even in the Premier League.

I love Willock and I think he'll be great with us - but we have to complement him with someone that can tick the ball flowing. United got lucky with Bruno.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Bissouma, Partey and Willock gives me Fabinho, Henderson and Winaljdum vibes. Would be a very athletic and press-heavy midfield. We could definitely do that over a season if we're only playing once a week.
However, I think its most likely be a Bissouma-Partey pivot with Buendia or ESR at 10. Is that a midfield people can get behind?
Supposing our midfield is: Partey, Bissouma, Xhaka and Willock.
Attacking midfield: ESR and Buendia. Would everyone be fine with that?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why are we acting like Bissoumas earrings aren't the worst thing in that picture?

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
While he looks like a beast, people here are too dismissive of some very valid concerns.

-AFCON we already lose Pepe Auba and Partey. Losing 4 key players for 5-6 games could make or break a season. We missed out on top 4 by only six points in this turd of a season. Margins matter.

-Is he too defensive? I have to admit I haven't seen much of him play at all and am happy to be told otherwise, but a fair few people have mentioned he looks like primarily a ball winner. While him and Partey at CM would be an absolute wall, we'll get nowhere if we struggle to pass through opposing lines (sideways passing).

-40 mill is probably half our budget, unless Stan is giving us some extra pocket change. We have a lot of positions that need addressing. Someone like Berge would be half the price.
He doesn't have great passing stats, no.

E2GDYlMXIAcd4KS

In comparison Xhaka

E2GDYcrXEAYLXhL

Bissouma has much better defensive stats of course, but that's what I'm saying. If we lose Xhaka, Bissouma as a *replacement* isn't enough. We just end up in a situation where we A: are lacking something again. B: Can't rotate or vary our playing style.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom