• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcahill

He doesn't have great passing stats, no.

E2GDYlMXIAcd4KS

In comparison Xhaka

E2GDYcrXEAYLXhL

Bissouma has much better defensive stats of course, but that's what I'm saying. If we lose Xhaka, Bissouma as a *replacement* isn't enough. We just end up in a situation where we A: are lacking something again. B: Can't rotate or vary our playing style.

Quality post, thanks for providing those stats. Looks like the partnership with Partey may be too defensive, unless Partey is allowed more freedom to roam.

blrgooner

Established Member

E2GDYlMXIAcd4KS

In comparison Xhaka

E2GDYcrXEAYLXhL

Bissouma has much better defensive stats of course, but that's what I'm saying. If we lose Xhaka, Bissouma as a *replacement* isn't enough. We just end up in a situation where we A: are lacking something again. B: Can't rotate or vary our playing style.
Agree Completely. Even looking at Bissouma yesterday, he looked like a good defensive player. He is not a replacement for Xhaka though. One of our biggest issues is that we can`t ever recover the ball ( Which is a very important reason we don`t counter attack much I think ) though and Bissouma would help us in that respect. So we should be able to play two out of Partey, Xhaka, Bissouma depending on the opposition and our strategy for the game.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
In the end, Bissouma should only be competition for Partey and depth - maybe both for very nasty games.

Bissouma has certainly nothing to do with the Buendia move.
The said Bissouma, Buendia and Aarons signings aren't enough anyways, that's not something "extraordinary", that is less than the absolute must.

I dont like the pass statistics by the way.
We cannot compare Xhaka, which has his biggest strength with distribution - it has never been the issue with him his 50'ish athletism in FIFA terms is - to Bissouma, who has other strengths.
Most notably, as **** as we are, we still pin down the smaller teams for almost the entire game and have Xhaka play balls left, right, left, right for 90 minutes. Bissouma cannot play like that, they are far inferiour and they work on a lot more pressure. Totally different passing stats just by that fact should become obvious.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In the end, Bissouma should only be competition for Partey and depth - maybe both for very nasty games.

The said Bissouma, Buendia and Aarons signings aren't enough anyways, that's not something "extraordinary", that is less than the absolute must.

We cannot compare Xhaka, which has his biggest strength with distribution - it has never been the issue with him his 50'ish athletism in FIFA terms is - to Bissouma, who has other strengths.
Most notably, as **** as we are, we still pin down the smaller teams for almost the entire game and have Xhaka play balls left, right, left, right for 90 minutes. Bissouma cannot play like that, they are far inferiour and they work on a lot more pressure. Totally different passing stats just by that fact should become

It depends on if you get a really attacking right back plus a real top class goalscorer and creator as the third midfielder. For me Partey can do everything xhaka does and more.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Most notably, as **** as we are, we still pin down the smaller teams for almost the entire game and have Xhaka play balls left, right, left, right for 90 minutes. Bissouma cannot play like that, they are far inferiour and they work on a lot more pressure. Totally different passing stats just by that fact should become obvious.
This echoes my thoughts as well. Xhaka is a 'false positive' in that he has great stats, but the stats are coming from always playing the safe option. Sure, it helps us to retain possession and in that regard he is key and I don't even think we can replace him. But it's also the reason we have so few passes coming into the middle of the opponents half and especially in front of the penalty area.

We shouldn't think about in terms of upgrading on Xhaka, but rather upgrading the midfield. There are definitely some warning signs in terms of Bissouma's passing ability - Brighton is not that far behind us in terms of possession stats and they're a team who try to move the ball around.

If we're looking at Bissouma then it should really be as the holding mid in a 4-3-3 setup imho

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Partey is not a distructor but b2b.
could easily play alongside Bissouma, but we would need more flair around them, which looks like a plan. Ode/Emi as 10, Saka/ESR as a midfielder playing on wings, while other side, Pepe, is more of a wide forward.

looking at Arteta schemes last 2 years it does look obvious he wants that formation, now we'll see about the players he gets

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
This echoes my thoughts as well. Xhaka is a 'false positive' in that he has great stats, but the stats are coming from always playing the safe option. Sure, it helps us to retain possession and in that regard he is key and I don't even think we can replace him. But it's also the reason we have so few passes coming into the middle of the opponents half and especially in front of the penalty area.

We shouldn't think about in terms of upgrading on Xhaka, but rather upgrading the midfield. There are definitely some warning signs in terms of Bissouma's passing ability - Brighton is not that far behind us in terms of possession stats and they're a team who try to move the ball around.

If we're looking at Bissouma then it should really be as the holding mid in a 4-3-3 setup imho

Xhaka actually leads the premier league in progressive passes into the final third. I mean the sentiment is absolutely right, Xhaka isn't a risky passer at all (but to be fair he is consistently dead on accurate on long balls which are risky passes for other players),

If you watch Xhaka regularly what he does and what he has an eye for is pass to players in space that can then do something with it. It's why he actually is involved in a lot of build-up and why teams tend to play better if he is on the field. That's his strength. And why he's frustrating often as well because you'd rather have him make a different pass.

He really should be an utility player or a regular player in a strong enough team. Relying on him is what's bad. Our midfield signings have been dreadful in the last few years aside from Partey

Fully agree on the last sentence.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard

E2GDYlMXIAcd4KS

In comparison Xhaka

E2GDYcrXEAYLXhL

Spot on. Not sure why people are comparing Xhaka and Bissouma when they are 2 completely different players. I'm wondering if they want a similar setup to Chelsea's 2008 midfield of Essien, Makele, Lampard and Ballack..... Bissouma would be our holding midfielder which should then free up Xhaka and Partey to create more. That is, if we move to a 4-3-3. If we move to a 4-3-3 then where would Ødegaard fit in? Would we move him deeper or will he only be ustilised on a 4-2-3-1?

Gn1212

Quite interesting how busy this thread is.
No-one reliable has linked us with him. Yes, we scouted him. Yes, he is an Arsenal fan.
But it doesn't look like we are interested in him this summer.
Fabrizio has mentioned multiple times we aren't looking at him.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
It is right, Bissouma is not what Arsenal needs, specially if Arsenal is looking to a ball progressor, metronome type of player etc. It would be Bentancur, Locatelli, Fabian, Bruno Guimarães etc.

baccy_man

Established Member
I noticed after the game yesterday that Pepe. was showing Bissouma. Parts of the stadium pointing things out to him, You could not see what they were pointing to it could have been the spectator boxes or other areas of the stadium but it looked strange for Pepe to be pointing things out.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Im afraid we would be even worse to warch. Every side needs a ball winner and for us, that is Partey already. You can't have 2 of them...they don't complement each other. We need a progressive footballer, not someone looking to stop the other team from playing.

Why do you think Mascherano struggled at West Ham but was at home with Liverpool?

Guardiola once said if you have the ball, then why worry about defending? If we want Ticky tak style, thenn Bissouma is not the answer.
Partey can easily be the one who progresses the ball. He's not a one dimensional player. He can play slightly more forward while Bissouma plays ball winner.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I've criticized Dialsquare, you've posted his lies. Yes, it's really extremely likely that I'm him.

Interesting, because you only joined the forum in April of this year, but I haven't posted anything from him in over a year probably even more. Mods, you gonna do something about this clear dupe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom