• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
but Gini is a goalscorer
I don't think Bissouma will be a direct replacement for him

Gini's main quality is to beat the press from tight situations, and switch the play quickly from defence to attack. In that position they share the same qualities (very technical, athletic, ball playing DMs) and Bissouma could be a direct replacement, difference is that Gini is extremely versatile and can play basically anywhere on the pitch.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Watching this it's very clear what Bissouma offers as a 6, pure monstrous defensive numbers, like you ain't getting past this guy, he's your padlock. They suggest a midfield 3 of Partey-Bissouma-Aouar, which I think is nicely balanced. You worry about losing Xhaka's passing, but maybe Partey actually takes on that role, Bissouma just mops up and gives the ball to either Partey/Aouar to make a pass or dribble.

If you bring this guy in to play 6, which is where he's excelled at Brighton, then you can finally go 4-3-3, which could suit an Aouar, but equally could suit guys like ESR or even Saka, not to mention Willock.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Watching this it's very clear what Bissouma offers as a 6, pure monstrous defensive numbers, like you ain't getting past this guy, he's your padlock. They suggest a midfield 3 of Partey-Bissouma-Aouar, which I think is nicely balanced. You worry about losing Xhaka's passing, but maybe Partey actually takes on that role, Bissouma just mops up and gives the ball to either Partey/Aouar to make a pass or dribble.

If you bring this guy in to play 6, which is where he's excelled at Brighton, then you can finally go 4-3-3, which could suit an Aouar, but equally could suit guys like ESR or even Saka, not to mention Willock.

All over that with a 433. Also fairly inexpensive compared to the 4231 route with Ødegaard or Buendia as Aouar is available for £27M.

Justin1986

I think he is like 6'12" to be honest, still not good enough to play the ball progressor role in the midfield, very far from it to be honest.

If the idea of double pivot is Partey and Bissouma, then Arsenal is totally ****ed. Bissouma is not what Arsenal needs, and he is not Arsenal level of a player to start with, a bit like Pepe, who is massive overrated and overpriced player.
Shocking post, was gonna say it on your last post but this is worse , clueless

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
All over that with a 433. Also fairly inexpensive compared to the 4231 route with Ødegaard or Buendia as Aouar is available for £27M.

Sure, we'll see what happens, I have no idea who's best out of Ødegaard, Buendia or Aouar, I flip flop all over the place with them, I have no clear preference. But my hunch is still that Aouar is the most likely, I just get the feeling Arteta has wanted this guy ever since the City-Lyon game in the CL a few years ago, it didn't happen last summer so they'll go back this summer. Sometimes transfers are years in the making, Aouar could be one of those.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sure, we'll see what happens, I have no idea who's best out of Ødegaard, Buendia or Aouar, I flip flop all over the place with them, I have no clear preference. But my hunch is still that Aouar is the most likely, I just get the feeling Arteta has wanted this guy ever since the City-Lyon game in the CL a few years ago, it didn't happen last summer so they'll go back this summer. Sometimes transfers are years in the making, Aouar could be one of those.

It would make more sense seeing as Aouar was his first target.

AeNwT

Sure, we'll see what happens, I have no idea who's best out of Ødegaard, Buendia or Aouar, I flip flop all over the place with them, I have no clear preference. But my hunch is still that Aouar is the most likely, I just get the feeling Arteta has wanted this guy ever since the City-Lyon game in the CL a few years ago, it didn't happen last summer so they'll go back this summer. Sometimes transfers are years in the making, Aouar could be one of those
Although I like Ø it really annoys me that he can only team play CAM well.

I want Buendia but he’s not a CM I know he works ridiculously hard.

I kind of hope all these links are a smokescreen for Aouar. I love the way he sees the game ahead & beats the press. Technically elite & only 22 ? You need a juggernaut of a DM to compensate for his lack of physicality but he ticks almost all the boxes for me

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
If we are moving to a 433 then we need two players that can play between the lines with their back to goal to a high level. Bissouma, Partey and Willock is not it for different reasons.
Just look at how City play and the players we've been targeting (Ø, Aouar, Buendia etc).

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Although I like Ø it really annoys me that he can only team play CAM well.

I want Buendia but he’s not a CM I know he works ridiculously hard.

I kind of hope all these links are a smokescreen for Aouar. I love the way he sees the game ahead & beats the press. Technically elite & only 22 ? You need a juggernaut of a DM to compensate for his lack of physicality but he ticks almost all the boxes for me

For sure, I guess that's where Bissouma comes in.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Does Bissouma and Partey work? Not very dynamic is it?

Both going to the African Nations too.
@Rex Banter somewhere out there like

Undertaker GIF by memecandy

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

It is right, Bissouma is not what Arsenal needs, specially if Arsenal is looking to a ball progressor, metronome type of player etc. It would be Bentancur, Locatelli, Fabian, Bruno Guimarães etc.
Would love Bentancur. Think Bruno Guimarães could be decent but he hasn't been a mainstay in Lyon who missed out on CL.

Was high on Locatelli but have changed my mind. Both he and Fabian would crumble under the intensity in PL, just like Ceballos did.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I think he is like 6'12" to be honest, still not good enough to play the ball progressor role in the midfield, very far from it to be honest.

If the idea of double pivot is Partey and Bissouma, then Arsenal is totally ****ed. Bissouma is not what Arsenal needs, and he is not Arsenal level of a player to start with, a bit like Pepe, who is massive overrated and overpriced player.
What the actual..?! What has length to do with being a good ball progressor?

He's taller than Kovacic who's arguably one of the most progressive CM's in Europe's top 5 divisions, or is there some sort of length based handicap that applies to stats I've missed?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Would love Bentancur. Think Bruno Guimarães could be decent but he hasn't been a mainstay in Lyon who missed out on CL.

Was high on Locatelli but have changed my mind. Both he and Fabian would crumble under the intensity in PL, just like Ceballos did.
He is slower than xhaka lool. The pl is athletic league

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

but Gini is a goalscorer
I don't think Bissouma will be a direct replacement for him
Agree, Gini played CAM before Liverpool and even though he offers something as a more defensive mid I wouldn't classify him as a DM.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

He is slower than xhaka lool. The pl is athletic league
Bentancur? Nah he's both faster and more mobile than Xhaka mate. He also has better defensive stats than Bissouma (tackles, pressures, interceptions etc) and he'd be the perfect playmaking DM in a 4-3-3

Jakarta

Bissouma, Partey and Willock gives me Fabinho, Henderson and Winaljdum vibes. Would be a very athletic and press-heavy midfield. We could definitely do that over a season if we're only playing once a week.
However, I think its most likely be a Bissouma-Partey pivot with Buendia or ESR at 10. Is that a midfield people can get behind?
Supposing our midfield is: Partey, Bissouma, Xhaka and Willock.
Attacking midfield: ESR and Buendia. Would everyone be fine with that?

Who’s going to create if we play those three in midfield?

If we want to start Bissouma/Partey together then we def need a player like Grealish/Maddison etc. A creative 10 who can dictate games and create.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom