• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakarta

He is definitely not coming to Arsenal.Liverpool,city and chelsea all linked with him..why would he choose Arsenal?

Chelsea got Kante.
Liverpool have Fabinho.
He’s not technical enough for City.

Btw to all those saying Xhaka’s passing is needed

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Bentancur? Nah he's both faster and more mobile than Xhaka mate. He also has better defensive stats than Bissouma (tackles, pressures, interceptions etc) and he'd be the perfect playmaking DM in a 4-3-3
Talking about bruno

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
Chelsea got Kante.
Liverpool have Fabinho.
He’s not technical enough for City.

Btw to all those saying Xhaka’s passing is needed

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity
Liverpool need to replace wijnaldum
City need to replace Fernandinho and city only think about technical ability after signing players
Chelsea might sign him to partner Kante

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would this not play out like Coquelin? Shines at first because offers what no one else does but quickly falls out of favour with fans because his abilities are 99% defensive.

I get his a level up was just disappointed by his lack of any creativity. There was a point Brighton had a promising counter and he killed it.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's a class player, but I think the game on the weekend proved without doubt he is a DM. We really shouldn't be committing resources to that position before we sort out attacking midfield and RB at the minimum.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Bissoumma
Buendia/Aouar Partey
Pepe Auba Saka

That could work surely with ESR/Saka/Pepe/Martinelli all interchangeable at times depending on the match and injuries etc. Big worry would be in January when we would lose 4 players. Losing Pepe wouldn't be the end of the world as there's decent replacements but our main 2 midfielders and forward being gone 3-4 weeks at the busiest time of the football calender would be worrying.

If he can be bought for 30-35m then I'd probably do it. North of 40m would look elsewhere.

benjamin86

Established Member
Bissoumma
Buendia/Aouar Partey
Pepe Auba Saka

That could work surely with ESR/Saka/Pepe/Martinelli all interchangeable at times depending on the match and injuries etc. Big worry would be in January when we would lose 4 players. Losing Pepe wouldn't be the end of the world as there's decent replacements but our main 2 midfielders and forward being gone 3-4 weeks at the busiest time of the football calender would be worrying.

If he can be bought for 30-35m then I'd probably do it. North of 40m would look elsewhere.
40m i think you look at Tchouameni or split the 40 and bring in 2 like Pape Sarr and someone else. (Caqueret, Doucoure, Kamara etc etc)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Liverpool really being interested in hin it put us in tough situation not financially but at the moment they more attractive thier team is settled world class manager and CL football of course Bissouma might chose us because his old friends play with us and will get him settled quicker but i won't be surprised if he chose Liverpool.

Gn1212

He is definitely not coming to Arsenal.Liverpool,city and chelsea all linked with him..why would he choose Arsenal?
First off, we're not looking into him.
We have scouted him along with Lamptey. We chose not to proceed with either(Lamptey has had troubles with his injury).
Bissouma is an Arsenal fan and has friends at the club, most notably Pepe and Gabriel.
I'm sure it would be hard for him to resist going to the club he supports, where the competition allows him to be a starter and play with his friends.

Legend14

Established Member
Get him and rotate between him Partey and Willock depending on the game.
More Arteta situational rotations? No thanks. Get a starting 11. If Bissouma can’t start, then what’s the point.

I think we are a better team with Bissouma in place of Xhaka. Funny, some are basically saying keep it the same, but expecting huge differences. Bissouma + Partey is intimidating.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Fans have been demanding a solid spine for a decade. Now we sign Partey and are linked with Bissouma now fans suddenly have an issue with it. Same fans demand Kroenke's spend money then complain that price is too high for said player. Really can't make this up.

For the right players.

We have already seen spending big money on the wrong player can e.g Partey flopping big time.

Signing a similar player isn't exactly what wee need.

Legend14

Established Member
For the right players.

We have already seen spending big money on the wrong player can e.g Partey flopping big time.

Signing a similar player isn't exactly what wee need.
Already smells of an agenda. Ridiculous comment; can't really take what you say seriously because of the amateur hyperbole.

TornadoTed

Established Member
More Arteta situational rotations? No thanks. Get a starting 11. If Bissouma can’t start, then what’s the point.

I think we are a better team with Bissouma in place of Xhaka. Funny, some are basically saying keep it the same, but expecting huge differences. Bissouma + Partey is intimidating.
I think the reservations about Buendia some people have is that Partey Buendia takes quite a bit of building of the team around it to still create a lot of chances. We would absolutely need a marauding right back, the need for more creativity from the front 3 would be increased and the number 10 in a 4231 or 8 in a 433 would have a lot of creative burden on their shoulders.

The 10/8 and right back are obtainable but I worry about our front 3, Auba offers little other than end product, Pepe offers more but again is more of a finisher. I keep saying it but Saka to me doesn't look a natural enough finisher to be part of a front 3 that needs to heavily relied on for goals.

Now if we could shift Auba on and buy a more rounded striker, add a creative wide forward who will create and score and move Saka to 10/8 it could work really well but that is a lot of work to do in one summer.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I think the reservations about Buendia some people have is that Partey Buendia takes quite a bit of building of the team around it to still create a lot of chances. We would absolutely need a marauding right back, the need for more creativity from the front 3 would be increased and the number 10 in a 4231 or 8 in a 433 would have a lot of creative burden on their shoulders.

The 10/8 and right back are obtainable but I worry about our front 3, Auba offers little other than end product, Pepe offers more but again is more of a finisher. I keep saying it but Saka to me doesn't look a natural enough finisher to be part of a front 3 that needs to heavily relied on for goals.

Now if we could shift Auba on and buy a more rounded striker, add a creative wide forward who will create and score and move Saka to 10/8 it could work really well but that is a lot of work to do in one summer.
You mean Bissouma, right?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Already smells of an agenda. Ridiculous comment; can't really take what you say seriously because of the amateur hyperbole.

45m for player who didn't play even as good as Elneny not a flop in first season? Now that smells like agenda to me.

I do hope it's a case of adjusting to a new league first season and he does go on to be the Vieira / Yaya hybrid that some made him out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom