• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Arteta saw him every day in training (for a couple of days, at least) and William wants to go back to the easy league rather than take a loan in the Prem...was probably only signed because it was an easy way for Raul to move money around too.

I reckon he's crap tbh, going to back Mikel here...at least until he is sacked, or if Sailba turns out great.
What more can William do in France? Score 6 hat tricks and keep like 30 clean sheets? He's improved every team he's gone to.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Yeah but Arteta fans say we don't have any proof. There's no other club in world football nevermind a middle table one signs someone for 30m and loans him 3 years in another country.

Everyone here knows it.they just don't want to speak bad about Mikel. I don't know why.

Tets is a spiteful man. He would rather play with no #10 for half season, languish in relegation zone, then suck up his pride and play a player he doesn’t like. Tets has not earned any trust from the fanbase. The frustrating thing about this entire situation is that we have a “dead man walking” making huge decisions about the squad when he might not even be in the role in 3 months.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think we can all agree the situation is a really weird one. Let's just hope he has an excellent season at Marseille.

Are they in the Europa league?
What would it matter if he had a brilliant season in France. And what even defines a brilliant season? He's been a very good player there over the course of 1.5-2 years give or take the break. What does he have to do to become "ready" to be part of the squad?

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I reckon he's crap tbh, going to back Mikel here...at least until he is sacked, or if Sailba turns out great.
Saliba crap? He's actually pretty good. As good as a teenage CB is gonna be anyways, anyone who's watched him Arsenal fan or not is perplexed by this treatment. I take it you haven't heard Sagna's assessment of Saliba?

For Mikel sake I actually hope it's not football related and he genuinely hates the boy's guts. If this is solely a football decision then, yeah the clubs in deep sh*t basically.

To me it looks like both Saliba and Arteta trying to get away from each other until his contract is up.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What would it matter if he had a brilliant season in France. And what even defines a brilliant season? He's been a very good player there over the course of 1.5-2 years give or take the break. What does he have to do to become "ready" to be part of the squad?

For me next season he should come back in and challenge Gabriel for the LCB role. I really do think he needs a full season on loan though.

Either way he will hold his value or he'll come back and be an option.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
For me next season he should come back in and challenge Gabriel for the LCB role.
Not if Arteta is here. You know it and I know it. Saliba will not play for Arsenals first team while he's here. Bookmark this if you want.

Arteta signed Gabriel.
Wants White.
Renewed Holding.
Signed Mari.
Has Chambers.

Writing on the wall.

Hold onto his value. Saliba today is not worth 30m. In 1 year more he will be worth even less.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not if Arteta is here. You know it and I know it. Saliba will not play for Arsenals first team while he's here. Bookmark this if you want.

Arteta signed Gabriel.
Wants White.
Renewed Holding.
Signed Mari.
Has Chambers.

Writing on the wall.

Remember we were preparing to send Holding out on loan. I think this season is pretty big for him as well.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Remember we were preparing to send Holding out on loan. I think this season is pretty big for him as well.
End of next season. Saliba 21. The excuse is. Ah he's only 21. Is unproven in the PL. Isn't accustomed to England. Needs another year. When does he become ready? And by then is it too late contract wise?

I think Chelsea just renewed Gilmour before loan. Why aren't we doing the same?

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Who am I meant to beat?

Gunnasaurus. It would make a change 😂

Mikel came in and sold himself as something he wasn't. Me you and everyone on here bought into that.
He never really did though, He was sold as a promising young coach nothing more, Nothing less. i recognised the fact the club had a poor bloated squad and would struggle to offload the mediocre players brought in over the last 5 or 6 years. you cannot see that? try specsavers 😂
He was never sold as a miracle worker.
What he has done has been nothing short of failure. In 18 months poor.
Really, He won an fa cup and got to the semi of europa (Similar to later stages Arsène & Unai) League position has been disappointing but we are a club in transition & have nothing like a top 4 squad. 5-8 is our level at the moment FACT . It has been for quite sometime tbh. Unfortunately many fans base opinions on emotion. Its like all the Sp**s fans throwing hissy fits because they finished 7th thinking they were gonna win stuff and were an established top 4 club. They are not, Poch just overachieved for a while.
So yeah while 8th i agree is disappointing it is not exactly massively underachieving. He is a young manager and has only been here 18 months. If he had crashed out of cups in the early stages & finished below halfway both seasons it would have been a failure.
When/if he turns it around and gets us top 4 next year then I will be the first to come on here and say....I'm glad we stuck with him and he actually is a top coach and we are lucky to have him.
Look forward to your post end of next season.😛
However ould you Please explain why he should he get top 4 without a top 4 squad? If he gets top 4 he will have overachieved massively. Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea & Man C rightly should be nailed on for top 4 no problem. 5th or 6th i think is realistic. I understand that is not what any of us want to hear but it is true.
But until that happens I will base my opinion on what I see. Not what might happen if 4 or 5 particular sets of situations manifest themselves.

You say we have no idea what happens in a football club. That is right. But we also have an element of common sense.

Do you make an agreement with Rennes maybe a month before deadline day and sometime before not check to see what is going on? If your answer is no you don't then you equally are as stupid as Mikel and the rest of them.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
You can't defend the way this player has been handled. Hopefully, he will defend for the team at some point in his career. Embarrassing stuff.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

People here do not really know how to run a club like Arsenal.

Putting your faith in a youth CB who has been injury prone having never played a full season, getting into the toughest league in the world, and next you're starting Holding for at least 20 games.

Lol.

He needs a full season.
Buying a 18 year old CB for 30 million and not playing you for 3 years is not how you run a club. I doubt any of us here would spend 30 million on a kid who had 15 league game. So we may not know how to run a club. Neither do the people running the club

GunnerShy

For me next season he should come back in and challenge Gabriel for the LCB role. I really do think he needs a full season on loan though.

Either way he will hold his value or he'll come back and be an option.
Mate I admire your attempt at optimism, but it's actually delusion. "Hold his value".

He will have two years left on his contract. That's forced to sell territory at that point. We will have signed him for 30m, loaned him out during this development period then lose him for pennies on the dollar. The main reason? A break down in relationship between MA and him.

This has more broadly manifested as a damaged relationship between Arsenal and him now because Edu cannot keep.himself at arm's length to MA. If they do not salvage it (ie. Get him to extend) it's just another example of money wasted because we continue to run a set up with MA, Edu. Two blokes who have no experience or track record of success in their roles. Is it any wonder we've finished 8th the two years they've been on charge? Fans and the club suffer poor results and dire football as these blokes get around with their training wheels on.

Things will hopefully improve significantly this season. If not, it will need to be curtains for MA.

In the meantime hopefully the club will manage to extend Saliba. If he did choose OM, that should have been a pre-requisite for choosing his loan deal. Let's see what Garlick can do in this space.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He never really did though, He was sold as a promising young coach nothing more, Nothing less. i recognised the fact the club had a poor bloated squad and would struggle to offload the mediocre players brought in over the last 5 or 6 years. you cannot see that? try specsavers 😂
He was never sold as a miracle worker.

Really, He won an fa cup and got to the semi of europa (Similar to later stages Arsène & Unai) League position has been disappointing but we are a club in transition & have nothing like a top 4 squad. 5-8 is our level at the moment FACT . It has been for quite sometime tbh. Unfortunately many fans base opinions on emotion. Its like all the Sp**s fans throwing hissy fits because they finished 7th thinking they were gonna win stuff and were an established top 4 club. They are not, Poch just overachieved for a while.
So yeah while 8th i agree is disappointing it is not exactly massively underachieving. He is a young manager and has only been here 18 months. If he had crashed out of cups in the early stages & finished below halfway both seasons it would have been a failure.
When/if he turns it around and gets us top 4 next year then I will be the first to come on here and say....I'm glad we stuck with him and he actually is a top coach and we are lucky to have him.

Look forward to your post end of next season.😛
However ould you Please explain why he should he get top 4 without a top 4 squad? If he gets top 4 he will have overachieved massively. Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea & Man C rightly should be nailed on for top 4 no problem. 5th or 6th i think is realistic. I understand that is not what any of us want to hear but it is true.
In his first year he finished 8th and lost to Olympiakos early in the EL.

Second year finished 8th and lost against the first decent team we played in the EL.

You say why should Arteta get 4th when he doesn't have a top 4 squad.

Lille won the league. Did they have the best squad?

Chelsea won the CL? Do they have the best squad in Europe? They certainly didn't with Lampard.

West Ham finished higher than us. Better squad?

Atletico Madrid won la liga. Better squad than the big 2?

Villareal beat us and then United to win the EL. Better squad?

Every year managers and teams achieve more than their squads worth.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
How can anyone try to justify how this has been handled lol. 3 years out of a 5 year contract out on loan, that’s unheard of for a player who’s rated. Who cares if he has a long career ahead when that’s not going to be at Arsenal since it’ll obviously be in his best interest to run the contract down even if he gets a chance next season(or just leave before that).

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

How can anyone try to justify how this has been handled lol. 3 years out of a 5 year contract out on loan, that’s unheard of for a player who’s rated. Who cares if he has a long career ahead when that’s not going to be at Arsenal since it’ll obviously be in his best interest to run the contract down even if he gets a chance next season(or just leave before that).
From the outside its a truly shocking situation. Can't wait for his Instagram post to tell us what he really thinks.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

There's not much left to be said that you havent mentioned.

Remember like it was yesterday when we got the Saliba announcement and @OnlyOne even tagged me because he knew how invested I've been on the prince.

Then that piece of art of an announcement as the cherry on top, never seeing him as an Arsenal player rips my heart out.
What a beautiful day it was, we all thought that today is the day, that we finally get that elite potential CB we've been crying out for for like a decade.

If we dont get him to extend his contract before the loan, it's just unspeakably stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Top Bottom