• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Wait so Arteta is wrong and Saliba is ready to be a part of then back four yet clubs won't even offer 20m to us so that we accept our losses and move on. If Saliba was the saviour some of you carry on like he is then clubs would be lining up at our doors trying to sign him permanently, so they either don't rate him at this point of his career or Edu/Arteta have made it clear he is not for sale.
Or we've driven down his value so much that it doesnt make sense to sell him at whatever we are offered.

Tom349

Or we've driven down his value so much that it doesnt make sense to sell him at whatever we are offered.

He is a 20 year old "6ft 4inc" CB who is comfortable on the ball. The prototypical CB if you want. He might not have been playing for Arsenal but he has been playing, so clubs would have been watching him. If he was as successful on his loan at Nice as many on here suggest (despite not actually watching him) then clubs would be lined up at our door with offers regardless of Arteta intentions to use him.

So my question is where are the offers? Or is Arteta right and he isn't ready and opposition clubs have seen this and don't think he is worth purchasing him for the price we brought him for which is cheap if he is talent that people suggest he is or have we made it clear he isn't for sale but needs further game time before cementing his place in the back four.

The conspiracy theories on here don't line up with what is happening in regards to his transfer.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Wait so Arteta is wrong and Saliba is ready to be a part of then back four yet clubs won't even offer 20m to us so that we accept our losses and move on. If Saliba was the saviour some of you carry on like he is then clubs would be lining up at our doors trying to sign him permanently, so they either don't rate him at this point of his career or Edu/Arteta have made it clear he is not for sale.
It gets so tiring telling the same thing over again. People who are anti saliba or don't like him keep saying that fans who do think he's a saviour.

THIS IS NOT WHAT WE ARE SAYING.

We are simply saying that he could prove a useful squad player. Someone who could come in and play Cup games and maybe 10 PL games a season.

Top teams don't need Saliba now. They have better and experienced.

Smaller teams don't have the money. If they do have the money they prefer loans. Why buy a reliable car when you can borrow one for free and keep your options open.

AGAIN. SALIBA IS NOT OUR TERRY. WE DO NOT THINK HE IS READY TO PLAY 40 GAMES A SEASON FOR US.

Do you understand any better?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
It gets so tiring telling the same thing over again. People who are anti saliba or don't like him keep saying that fans who do think he's a saviour.

We are simply saying that he could prove a useful squad player. Someone who could come in and play Cup games and maybe 10 PL games a season.

Smaller teams don't have the money. If they do have the money they prefer loans. Why buy a reliable car when you can borrow one for free and keep your options open.

AGAIN. SALIBA IS NOT OUR TERRY. WE DO NOT THINK HE IS READY TO PLAY 40 GAMES A SEASON FOR US.

Tbf though, without European football, at his age it makes more sense to loan him and let him continue to gain experience. 3 or 4 sporadic starts in the league and 5 or 6 in cups is not a good use of a season for his development.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

AGAIN. SALIBA IS NOT OUT TERRY. WE DO NOT THINK HE IS READY TO PLAY 40 GAMES A SEASON FOR US.

How do you expect him to develop if we use him simply as a squad player? You have to remember that both his loans so far have been very poor in terms of game time. He needs a full season somewhere.

Tom349

So you want to ruin his development.

He needs to be playing week in week out which is something we cannot risk. How hard is that to comprehend.

Playing the odd cup game and playing a game of musical chairs with our CB's is a horrid idea. It was bad enough last season namely due to injuries and a tightened schedule but there is zero doubts that Arteta wants to land on having a nailed on CB partnership to hopefully 38 games in the league, as evident by spending 50m on a starting CB after spending an additional 20m last season.

Top teams might have more experienced CB but when has that ever stopped them from spending big on big talents like Saliba. Hell they spend on them and then loan them out which is exactly what we have done. Funny how we act like a big club and fans still complain.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
How do you expect him to develop if we use him simply as a squad player? You have to remember that both his loans so far have been very poor in terms of game time. He needs a full season somewhere.
Firstly my main gripe was him saying that he isnt any good as no one wants to pay for him.

In response to you. Development can happen in other areas not just 90 minutes. I'm not going through it again. It's boring.

But I would say Saliba training with Mikel and the players, living in the environment, playing cup matches and league matches when required (at least, maybe he comes in and become undroppable), maybe 15 appearances could be as beneficial as 30 appearances in France.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
So you want to ruin his development.

He needs to be playing week in week out which is something we cannot risk. How hard is that to comprehend.

Playing the odd cup game and playing a game of musical chairs with our CB's is a horrid idea. It was bad enough last season namely due to injuries and a tightened schedule but there is zero doubts that Arteta wants to land on having a nailed on CB partnership to hopefully 38 games in the league, as evident by spending 50m on a starting CB after spending an additional 20m last season.

Top teams might have more experienced CB but when has that ever stopped them from spending big on big talents like Saliba. Hell they spend on them and then loan them out which is exactly what we have done. Funny how we act like a big club and fans still complain.
How many loans did Saka go on before he became ready?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Firstly my main gripe was him saying that he isnt any good as no one wants to pay for him.

In response to you. Development can happen in other areas not just 90 minutes. I'm not going through it again. It's boring.

But I would say Saliba training with Mikel and the players, living in the environment, playing cup matches and league matches when required (at least, maybe he comes in and become undroppable), maybe 15 appearances could be as beneficial as 30 appearances in France.

Are Marseille in Europe?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You tell me. Were you not saying with Gabirel injured and Mari maybe sold we should keep Saliba?

I was asking sunshine. That would be a good scenario yes, because Saliba would start as he's predominantly a LCB.

You know I never thought of it like this, but Arteta is obsessed with playing left footed defenders on the left and right footers on the right. Maybe because Saliba is a left sided CB he's not wanting to use him as he isn't left footed?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I was asking sunshine. That would be a good scenario yes, because Saliba would start as he's predominantly a LCB.

You know I never thought of it like this, but Arteta is obsessed with playing left footed defenders on the left and right footers on the right. Maybe because Saliba is a left sided CB he's not wanting to use him as he isn't left footed?
Who knows but as I pointed out before. Some of the best centre back partnerships in PL history were both right footed.

If mikel needs every puzzle to be perfect to win matches we aren't going to win too many.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Who knows but as I pointed out before. Some of the best centre back partnerships in PL history were both right footed.

If mikel needs every puzzle to be perfect to win matches we aren't going to win too many.
The funniest thing about him obsessing over having a left footed lcb ostensibly to improve the speed and quality of build up and transition is playing a technical imbecile like Xhaka who slows everything down as the next point of the attack.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
The way people talk about him now you'd think he has regressed a lot since he was 18 lol. Development point doesn't make sense unless we tie him up to a new deal before loaning him(which is never happening), he'll 100% run down his current contract or be sold before that.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Arteta didn't even give Saliba the pre-season to see how he has progressed. He could have had a look at him before making the judgement he would not be ready for any game time and the need to loan him again. I don't believe the spin that Arteta has Saliba in his plans; think he has already made his decision on him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Should have prove himself in PL really don't know what the point staying in france going to convince stubborn mikel that you ready for PL.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Arteta man management has been a disaster but I said it from day 1. Spending 27m on a 18 year old CB was a huge gamble

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Bell saying they told him no permanent deal and that we will reassess his place at the club next season.

Really want him to sign a bumber to keep his value up. With two years left after this loan ends, it'll be do or die and I don't think he'll want to stay.

Really hope Im wrong.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bell saying they told him no permanent deal and that we will reassess his place at the club next season.

Really want him to sign a bumber to keep his value up. With two years left after this loan ends, it'll be do or die and I don't think he'll want to stay.

Really hope Im wrong.
until he know he'll became part of team him and his agent won't sign new contract that's why i wanted him take the PL loan so he prove his worth the loan to France is bit useless he already played 3 seasons there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom