• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

The actions of the club, player and Mikel have pointed me in this direction.

That's understandable but don't be so narrowminded and patronising when you feel like that and want to get your opinion across and assume everyone else with an opinion is 'wrong' because you don't agree with it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
That's understandable but don't be so narrowminded and patronising when you feel like that and want to get your opinion across and assume everyone else with an opinion is 'wrong' because you don't agree with it.
I'm not narrow-minded. I have an opinion based on things I have actually seen.

Other peoples opinions may be correct. But there isn't a lot of logic behind them.

90% of fans on this think the same as me. If you listen to Arsenal podcasts and some ex professionals talking about the situation they find it very strange. The majority of them feel that somewhere along the line there has been a problem between Mikel and Saliba and that is why we are were we are today.

If you genuinely break it down you would see that too.

- Saliba is denied playing the final.
- Saliba is meant to be sent on loan but we ****ed up.
- Saliba is sent to the under 23s with Sokratis a player deemed useless and not in Artetas plans.
- Saliba is not register in the EL yet injured Mari is a player we know wasn't going to play in the early stages.
- Saliba is friends with Guendozi and has spoken out about being "in or out of jail".
- Saliba has spoken out about Artets judging him on 2.5 games.
- Arteta has never said anything particularly positive about William in the media. Said he will be joining with pre season but has went back on that.
- Saliba has been sent on loan to a club of his choice without commiting to another contract which again would probably indicate, the club and the player are really not sure whats going to happen.

Now if all of what I have written above is absolute conjecture and bullshit then far enough. But those things add up to something that looks like maybe there is an issue there between the club/Saliba and Mikel. A breakdown of relationship. Which for Arsenal FC.....not Arteta FC is not good.

Enjoy your afternoon lads. I'm going on the beers.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I'm not narrow-minded. I have an opinion based on things I have actually seen.

Other peoples opinions may be correct. But there isn't a lot of logic behind them.

90% of fans on this think the same as me. If you listen to Arsenal podcasts and some ex professionals talking about the situation they find it very strange. The majority of them feel that somewhere along the line there has been a problem between Mikel and Saliba and that is why we are were we are today.

If you genuinely break it down you would see that too.

- Saliba is denied playing the final.
- Saliba is meant to be sent on loan but we ****ed up.
- Saliba is sent to the under 23s with Sokratis a player deemed useless and not in Artetas plans.
- Saliba is not register in the EL yet injured Mari is a player we know wasn't going to play in the early stages.
- Saliba is friends with Guendozi and has spoken out about being "in or out of jail".
- Saliba has spoken out about Artets judging him on 2.5 games.
- Arteta has never said anything particularly positive about William in the media. Said he will be joining with pre season but has went back on that.
- Saliba has been sent on loan to a club of his choice without commiting to another contract which again would probably indicate, the club and the player are really not sure whats going to happen.

Now if all of what I have written above is absolute conjecture and bullshit then far enough. But those things add up to something that looks like maybe there is an issue there between the club/Saliba and Mikel. A breakdown of relationship. Which for Arsenal FC.....not Arteta FC is not good.

Enjoy your afternoon lads. I'm going on the beers.

How can you sit there and type that 90% of Arsenal fans agree with you what a bizarre fact plucked out of thin air. It’s weird tho because 95% agree with me. Why hasn’t Saliba just handed in a transfer request??

What beers you on?? I’m getting on the gin.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
How can you sit there and type that 90% of Arsenal fans agree with you what a bizarre fact plucked out of thin air. It’s weird tho because 95% agree with me. Why hasn’t Saliba just handed in a transfer request??

What beers you on?? I’m getting on the gin.
Look at the above poll. Basically 90% of fans on this forum are not happy with how Saliba has been treated and the deal.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I have one a day for every 24 hours Mikel burns Arsenal Football Club to the ground.
Here's hoping we can substitute the beer and gin for champagne in may/June next year if he manages to deliver something half decent.

GunnerShy

First of all, it's pretty hilarious people are trusting Arteta's assessment of a young player.

Second of all, also funny that people actually think he's coming back.

I think there is enough to assume that this is more than just footballing reasons.
Only way I see Saliba coming back is if Arteta gets his P45 this season. So.... A reasonable chance

Definitely an issue between the two

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Had there been a clear open dialogue with Saliba he would have no issue going on loan in England.

If he didn't want to play football in England why did he sign for us?

If your employer wants to to do additional training or wants you to do a course to get more experience, at least where I'm from, they normally direct you were and what you're doing.

Saliba has a contract and is employed by Arsenal.

Tell me a situation where Arteta and Edu say you're going on loan to Palace with France legend Vieira and Saliba refuses. Arteta and Edu can seek better solutions but it seems OM asked about him while dealing with Guendouzi and they just said yes.
That an awful lot of speculation on your part. He had already turned down Rennes. Reiss Nelson turned down a loan last year so players can do that.
There was a meeting with his agent last week so i am sure the way forward was sorted then. Club gets pelters for not sorting out a loan soon enough last summer and now gets it for doing it too soon. Only on AM
Palace only announced PV today

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
That an awful lot of speculation on your part. He had already turned down Rennes. Reiss Nelson turned down a loan last year so players can do that.
There was a meeting with his agent last week so i am sure the way forward was sorted then. Club gets pelters for not sorting out a loan soon enough last summer and now gets it for doing it too soon. Only on AM
Palace only announced PV today
The club gets pelters for not sorting the loan out last year when they had months to organise it. And rightly so. It was amateurish.

The club will also get pelters for not having a look at the player in pre season and evaluating him again to see where he is at. After all that is what Mikel said he was going to do.

Mikel is a man of many words and very few actions.

Tell me what Arsenal lose having him with them for preseason, getting a full month of analysing him, and if after that he is deemed too raw, sending him on loan? Surely the club can only gain in that situation?

Simple answer please don't deviate from what I've asked you.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Yeah good point there. Saliba isn't coming here to sit on the bench on some relegation fighting team. If he isn't playing for Arsenal why would he leave France? People act like he's obliged to join a PL team.
People on here act like he walks into Man Citys 1st team ffs.
Ideally as said it would be great if he got loads of minutes in the prem but as you say it aint happening. So with that in mind a good full year in france will likely be better.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
The club gets pelters for not sorting the loan out last year when they had months to organise it. And rightly so. It was amateurish.

The club will also get pelters for not having a look at the player in pre season and evaluating him again to see where he is at. After all that is what Mikel said he was going to do.

Mikel is a man of many words and very few actions.

Tell me what Arsenal lose having him with them for preseason, getting a full month of analysing him, and if after that he is deemed too raw, sending him on loan? Surely the club can only gain in that situation?

Simple answer please don't deviate from what I've asked you.
They were getting pelters on here for saying they would look at him in pre season and make a decision.
No matter what Arteta/Edu (Arsenal Football Club) do it can never be the right decision with Saliba fanboys on here.
You are correct Arsenal really dont lose anything by having him preseason.
However perhaps his agent asked that his path/development for next season was sorted 100% at the meeting. It would be understandable.

So unless anyone on AM are privy to the meeting between agent and club they are pissing on the wind.

This thread is 60 odd pages of top pissing in the wind tbh.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
They were getting pelters on here for saying they would look at him in pre season and make a decision.
No matter what Arteta/Edu (Arsenal Football Club) do it can never be the right decision with Saliba fanboys on here.
You are correct Arsenal really dont lose anything by having him preseason.
However perhaps his agent asked that his path/development for next season was sorted 100% at the meeting. It would be understandable.

So unless anyone on AM are privy to the meeting between agent and club they are pissing on the wind.

This thread is 60 odd pages of top pissing in the wind tbh.
It can but.

All Arteta had to do is say William will be back with us in pre season and we will see how he's coming along. We are eager to work with him and believe he will be important to the club in the future but obviously he's still very young and we need to see where he is and how best we can develop him to the benefit of the club.

Arteta then follows through and brings him with him on preseason. He analyses him over a month. Not 2.5 games. He plays him in some pre season friendlies.

Then he either says William is staying with us or I have looked at him, me and William have decided that it's best for him to go on another loan as game time may be limited here as we have less games this year. However we are so keen that Saliba feels important and wanted he that we have extended his contract and will monitor his progress.

Is that so hard? Absolutely ****ing not.

Saliba couldn't argue. The fans couldn't argue. Nobody could. Saliba will know in that month where he is compared to Holding, Gabriel, etc. He will know....I'm behind these guys or not.

Edit. Football forums are all big forums full of people who aren't in the know working out what could will and didn't happen. It's a game of opinions. Any person with any knowledge wouldn't be here. However it shouldn't mean that we can't express our opinions right or wrong about something we love.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
It can but.

All Arteta had to do is say William will be back with us in pre season and we will see how he's coming along. We are eager to work with him and believe he will be important to the club in the future but obviously he's still very young and we need to see where he is and how best we can develop him to the benefit of the club.

Arteta then follows through and brings him with him on preseason. He analyses him over a month. Not 2.5 games. He plays him in some pre season friendlies.

Then he either says William is staying with us or I have looked at him, me and William have decided that it's best for him to go on another loan as game time may be limited here as we have less games this year. However we are so keen that Saliba feels important and wanted he that we have extended his contract and will monitor his progress.

Is that so hard? Absolutely ****ing not.

Saliba couldn't argue. The fans couldn't argue. Nobody could. Saliba will know in that month where he is compared to Holding, Gabriel, etc. He will know....I'm behind these guys or not.

Edit. Football forums are all big forums full of people who aren't in the know working out what could will and didn't happen. It's a game of opinions. Any person with any knowledge wouldn't be here. However it shouldn't mean that we can't express our opinions right or wrong about something we love.
Im sure all the possibilities were looked at and discussed with his agent.

Arsenal FC dont need to release statements for the frothers on the internet. .

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Im sure all the possibilities were looked at and discussed with his agent.

Arsenal FC dont need to release statements for the frothers on the internet. .
Of course they don't. But then they can't expect fans not to draw their own conclusions. Arteta and Edu are accountable for what Arsenal are doing in regards to signings in and out.

So far signings in have been poor. Signings out have also been extremely poor. Yes theyve only had 18 months or so. But from what we have seen so far there's certainly more negatives than positives.

Let's see how this window pans out. But there will be 0 excuses for Arteta from this season. Injuries, every club gets them. Signings not working. Happens every club. VAR the same.

Mikel must have us top 6 minimum this season playing attractive football and being close enough to the top 4. He must have us there from the get go and consistently not out of the top 6 for long periods of time.

The minute he's sitting 7th 8th 9th 10th for more than 3 or 4 weeks out to ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom