• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I haven't changed my opinion? I'm adding different points.
One minute you are saying OM is the best place for him to develop then you are saying maybe we let him choose there not to piss him off anymore. You are clutching at straws pal.

Arteta willing to drop 50m on a centre back without even watching Saliba for 3 or 4 weeks in preseason tells it all. You can try to deny it but your not making a very good job of it.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Just using common sense here, tbh...would have been no other reason for Mustafi to reject the contract.

Hmm so was the pay cut part reported? I've never read about him being offered a lower wage in that contract.

Even if it may seem like common sense (which I don't necessarily agree with, there could be a myriad of reasons why Mustafi didn't sign) you've written it like it's a fact.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Can you say with anything substantial that Saliba isn't good enough to play 15-18 matches for a bottom 10 PL club?
Yeah he's 20 and never had a full season playing football, why would a team facing relegation bring in a kid that's never played in the PL? To develop him for Arsenal? They're not charities.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

The most telling aspect is that prior to the OM link appearing with the deal all but done, the official line repeated over and over by the manager and press was that he was going to be assessed during pre season.

His agent meets with the club and just like that he's loaned. Either he was told or asked to be let go before pre season, either way it doesn't look like he'll be here long term.
Yeah, Its a shame but it happens all the time in football. We are just not used to signing young players for 30 mil then never seeing them get a minute.

I'm glad Fofana was bought for a similar fee and is running around though, because it would have been way easier for Saliba to be dismissed as a Raul scam by the gatekeepers otherwise.

If Arteta is the bigger part of the project and he doesn't want to work with him, then that's just the way it is. It's Arteta's club we just have to get on with it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I would love to see a Mexican standoff between football manager, Highbury and 14Henry.

The Skills, The Source? and the Angry would make for a great modern western.
Na I would win pal. 90% of fans agree with me. The other 10% are so far up artetas ass.

I may not always be right about things Arsenal. But in this I am. The evidence and actions of the club screams what I'm saying.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

One minute you are saying OM is the best place for him to develop then you are saying maybe we let him choose there not to piss him off anymore. You are clutching at straws pal.

Arteta willing to drop 50m on a centre back without even watching Saliba for 3 or 4 weeks in preseason tells it all. You can try to deny it but your not making a very good job of it.

Yeah? Either scenario could be true, I've not said it's 100% this or 100% that, it's called being open-minded which is something you clearly can't aren't. Sorry for telling you different reasons he might be joining OM.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah he's 20 and never had a full season playing football, why would a team facing relegation bring in a kid that's never played in the PL? To develop him for Arsenal? They're not charities.
The same reason Newcastle signed Willock.

The same reason we signed Ødegaard.

Because if a player can help you short time you take it.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The same reason Newcastle signed Willock.

The same reason we signed Ødegaard.

Because if a player can help you short time you take it.
Ok but what if they don't think Saliba can help in the short term? And if they do what if Saliba doesn't want to play for them? He chose OM.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We offered Mustafi a new deal, on a reduced wage, to try and sell him and get some money for him, instead of just losing him for free...he rejected us as he didn't want a paycut, plus he could have greater control over his next move too.

Not sure on that. Arteta seemed very clear about wanting to keep him. Don't forget he started pretty much every game he was available under Arteta until he got injured in the semi against City. Only then did Holding come into the side.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Hmm so was the pay cut part reported? I've never read about him being offered a lower wage in that contract.

Even if it may seem like common sense (which I don't necessarily agree with, there could be a myriad of reasons why Mustafi didn't sign) you've written it like it's a fact.

What other reason could he have rejected it then?

I imagine the club told him, "We aren't gonna play you as much, so here is a reduced deal" (with the club trying to get him to lower his wages, so they could look to sell this turd for some small amount) but Mustafi didn't want that, as it would have made him lose leverage that he would have had if he was a free agent.

Didn't mean the post you quoted to sound so matter of fact, was my opinion...does make me sound a little condescending :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah? Either scenario could be true, I've not said it's 100% this or 100% that, it's called being open-minded which is something you clearly can't aren't. Sorry for telling you different reasons he might be joining OM.
You haven't given anything convincing or credible. You told me we let him go there to not piss him off. How can I take that serious.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, Its a shame but it happens all the time in football. We are just not used to signing young players for 30 mil then never seeing them get a minute.

I'm glad Fofana was bought for a similar fee and is running around though, because it would have been way easier for Saliba to be dismissed as a Raul scam by the gatekeepers otherwise.

If Arteta is the bigger part of the project and he doesn't want to work with him, then that's just the way it is. It's Arteta's club we just have to get on with it.

Yeah pretty much lol, as long as Arteta is here I've given up on Saliba working.

Tbh him going to France isn't so much of an issue for me. Sure the EPL would be better but if he has a really good loan in France then he should be able to get a look in.

But the facts are that for whatever reason Arteta doesn't seem to like him (given his actions) so that's the bigger problem.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Ok but what if they don't think Saliba can help in the short term? And if they do what if Saliba doesn't want to play for them? He chose OM.
If say Palace (Vieira there), having watched Saliba and managed teams that played against him doesn't believe that he can add something to the 23 man squad then I would worry that Saliba is a complete dud and that everyone who has raved about Saliba (the professionals) don't know what they're talking about.

If Mikel and Edu called Saliba in and say we think season 22/23 will be your year with us. As professionals and leaders we are planning to loan you in England. We know you can do it in France but nows the time to step up. If Saliba rejects that then it's clear there is an issue where he doesn't respect the managers views or the clubs.

Would you disagree with those 2 takes?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Not sure on that. Arteta seemed very clear about wanting to keep him. Don't forget he started pretty much every game he was available under Arteta until he got injured in the semi against City. Only then did Holding come into the side.

I can't see why he would have rejected it, if this was the case.

Arsenal: "Here is a brand new contract, with the same wages, to play regularly for a famous club in the Premier League, and to stay in London."

Mustafi: "No, I want to play for a lesser team in the Bundesliga, on wages that are not as high as what I am on now...that's my dream!

...think Arteta played him out of necessity, then when Holding came in after Mustafi was injured, Arteta preferred him going into next season (plus we were signing Gabriel too, and already had Luiz) so Arteta and Edu probably agreed that Mustafi was the one to go, and they tried their best to make some money on him, which they couldn't do, so he just saw out his deal and left.

Can't see any other logical reason Mustafi rejects the deal.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It doesn't matter. The fact that you think a club the size of Arsenal decides what a player does not to piss him off says enough.

So you don't think keeping good relations with a player you've once already f*cked over and want for the future is a good idea?

I've got all day by the way.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
So you don't think keeping good relations with a player you've once already f*cked over and want for the future is a good idea?

I've got all day by the way.
No because I believe from the actions of Mikel that too much has happened for him to ever come back and play under Mikel.

I'm happy to be proven wrong but I am confident we wont see Saliba play for Arsenal while Mikel is in charge.

What has Mikel to lose taking Saliba on pre season tour with him looking at him for a month and then if he wants loan him? Surely that would give Saliba the chance he wants?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

No because I believe from the actions of Mikel that too much has happened for him to ever come back and play under Mikel.

I'm happy to be proven wrong but I am confident we wont see Saliba play for Arsenal while Mikel is in charge.

Okay, that's fine? So it doesn't really matter where we send him then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom