• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Because people are saying we let Saliba choose not to piss him off. Imagine a club making its decisions based on not pissing off a 20 year old.

Okay, it isn't to stop him getting pissed off, maybe the club also think it's the best place for him to go?

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

First of all, it's pretty hilarious people are trusting Arteta's assessment of a young player.

Second of all, also funny that people actually think he's coming back.

I think there is enough to assume that this is more than just footballing reasons.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Maybe it only took Arteta one month of preseason, to figure out this guy wasn't ready at all for this league?

Say what you want about Arteta, but we have been very good defensively since he took over, a bus he knows how to park!

He has played Gabriel from that league, Holding has been developed well by him, he has played young defenders...maybe Saliba just isn't very good right now.

Just because he was expensive, doesn't mean he is good enough/ready yet...cc Mustafi.

Arteta thought Mustafi was good enough though, even offered him a new deal. He's also more proven and experienced than Gabriel was coming out of that league. Sometimes people just don't get on for whatever reason.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I just don’t see the issue in loaning him to a French club, the guy literally just turned 20 and has years ahead of him to gain experience in the PL.

From a welfare point of view surely it’s better then we have greater control when/ if he moves here and adjusts?

Like AFTV with Wenger, part of the problem here is that a portion of fans are done with Arteta no matter what.
I think it mostly comes from people being scared we're gonna lose him after this loan. People tend to get attached to young players and a lot thought he was 'the Mbappe of defenders' so they're feeling slighted.

I don't get how being on the bench for Newcastle is better for development then playing a full season but what do I know?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Arteta thought Mustafi was good enough though, even offered him a new deal. He's also more proven and experienced than Gabriel was coming out of that league. Sometimes people just don't get on for whatever reason.

We offered Mustafi a new deal, on a reduced wage, to try and sell him and get some money for him, instead of just losing him for free...he rejected us as he didn't want a paycut, plus he could have greater control over his next move too.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
First of all, it's pretty hilarious people are trusting Arteta's assessment of a young player.

Second of all, also funny that people actually think he's coming back.

I think there is enough to assume that this is more than just footballing reasons.

The most telling aspect is that prior to the OM link appearing with the deal all but done, the official line repeated over and over by the manager and press was that he was going to be assessed during pre season.

His agent meets with the club and just like that he's loaned. Either he was told or asked to be let go before pre season, either way it doesn't look like he'll be here long term.

em9999

My rainbows
I hope Saliba just goes permently I'm sick of hearing his name .. let arteta buy animal abusers what's the point in *****ing about it , pardon the pun.. no matter what we say they don't care and hey why should they

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think it mostly comes from people being scared we're gonna lose him after this loan. People tend to get attached to young players and a lot thought he was 'the Mbappe of defenders' so they're feeling slighted.

I don't get how being on the bench for Newcastle is better for development then playing a full season but what do I know?
Can you say with anything substantial that Saliba isn't good enough to play 15-18 matches for a bottom 10 PL club?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

At the end of the day, Arteta seems set on a Gabriel-White pairing.

Saliba probably won't be here long term, considering the age of the former 2...depending or how good they are for us, and how good Saliba turns out...will decide if Mikel/Edu made the right call here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Top Bottom