• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

What other reason could he have rejected it then?
Even if they kept Mustafi salary the same, he was never signing anything for reasons you said yourself. Offering a reduced salary helped nobody in that scenario, I am fairly confident that didn't happen.

It's probably hard for you to imagine anyone so sh*t ever wanting to actually leave Arsenal, but the reality for Mustafi is it was very uncomfortable there for him.

All besides the point anyways - this is about Saliba.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Okay, that's fine? So it doesn't really matter where we send him then?
No because Mikel doesnt want him here. But Saliba will be an Arsenal player when Mikel isn't here. So the development of him is more important than the wants of Mikel.

Why is Mikel refusing to work with him? Why does Mikel not want to take him on pre season tour and have a good look at him.and give him.a chance. What does Mikel or Arsenal have to lose?

skeetbag

Saliba is a known commodity in France, he will get plenty of games there. Newcastle would have been a risk, when they have a poor run of form Saliba would be an easy scapegoat and then he'd spend the rest of the season on their bench. If Arsenal don't fancy him for PL duty why would Newcastle guarantee him 30+ games?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

No because Mikel doesnt want him here. But Saliba will be an Arsenal player when Mikel isn't here. So the development of him is more important than the wants of Mikel.

Why is Mikel refusing to work with him? Why does Mikel not want to take him on pre season tour and have a good look at him.and give him.a chance. What does Mikel or Arsenal have to lose?

You're asking the board to prioritise a player over the manager? As if the board think they better start developing Saliba for when Mikel leaves. Not a chance.

Mikel is in charge, it's his decisions. I am asking myself the same questions.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Saliba is a known commodity in France, he will get plenty of games there. Newcastle would have been a risk, when they have a poor run of form Saliba would be an easy scapegoat and then he'd spend the rest of the season on their bench. If Arsenal don't fancy him for PL duty why would Newcastle guarantee him 30+ games?
If a coach knows his athlete can run 5km without problems how does he ever find out he can run 10km without problems?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's probably hard for you to imagine anyone so sh*t ever wanting to actually leave Arsenal

It really is, tbh...this guy hit the ****ing jackpot here.

He's the worst player I have ever seen play for us...based on lack of ability, how much his signing damaged the club, cost, how much he played for us and how generally unlikeable he is...doubt I will ever hate a player more than him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You're asking the board to prioritise a player over the manager? As if the board think they better start developing Saliba for when Mikel leaves. Not a chance.

Mikel is in charge, it's his decisions. I am asking myself the same questions.
So you cannot give me a reason why Mikel wouldn't want to see how Saliba has developed in pre season? Remember. Player development is not based just on matches played.

But training and natural progression.

Saliba was sent on loan to develop and then be judged this summer in pre season. However now mikel isn't going to judge him in pre season. So you'd have to ask. What is the point of a loan if the manager isn't then going to evaluate the player after?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So it turn out L'equipe mess thier article. Hopefully Saliba have successful loan without injury problems that could disturb his development

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

So you cannot give me a reason why Mikel wouldn't want to see how Saliba has developed in pre season? Remember. Player development is not based just on matches played.

But training and natural progression.

Saliba was sent on loan to develop and then be judged this summer in pre season. However now mikel isn't going to judge him in pre season. So you'd have to ask. What is the point of a loan if the manager isn't then going to evaluate the player after?

No I can't because as I have just said I am asking myself the same questions as to why Mikel doesn't want him. You don't have to remind me what development is based on, thanks.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I can't see why he would have rejected it, if this was the case.

Arsenal: "Here is a brand new contract, with the same wages, to play regularly for a famous club in the Premier League, and to stay in London."

Mustafi: "No, I want to play for a lesser team in the Bundesliga, on wages that are not as high as what I am on now...that's my dream!

...think Arteta played him out of necessity, then when Holding came in after Mustafi was injured, Arteta preferred him going into next season (plus we were signing Gabriel too, and already had Luiz) so Arteta and Edu probably agreed that Mustafi was the one to go, and they tried their best to make some money on him, which they couldn't do, so he just saw out his deal and left.

Can't see any other logical reason Mustafi rejects the deal.

He's had so many different flavours of the month in various positions that it's hard to keep up with who he wants and doesn't want I suppose. Very few regulars apart from Leno, Xhaka and Saka.

I'm very happy we signed Gabriel, think he had a good season for his first in the league playing in a struggling side but it does beg the question as to why we signed him if Saliba was ever part of the plans going forward? Seems very unlikely at this point that he'd play Saliba/Gabriel together until at least 2-3 years down the line.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No I can't because as I have just said I am asking myself the same questions as to why Mikel doesn't want him. You don't have to remind me what development is based on, thanks.
So your agreeing with me after a million posts that Arteta doesnt really have a clear interest in Saliba. Which has been the basis of my whole argument. Glad we got there in the end.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He's had so many different flavours of the month in various positions that it's hard to keep up with who he wants and doesn't want I suppose. Very few regulars apart from Leno, Xhaka and Saka.

I'm very happy we signed Gabriel, think he had a good season for his first in the league playing in a struggling side but it does beg the question as to why we signed him if Saliba was ever part of the plans going forward? Seems very unlikely at this point that he'd play Saliba/Gabriel together until at least 2-3 years down the line.
If he buys White then White and Gabriel may well be his long term plan. Which would again show why he has little interest in Saliba.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

So your agreeing with me after a million posts that Arteta doesnt really have a clear interest in Saliba. Which has been the basis of my whole argument. Glad we got there in the end.

No, I was telling you why he was joining OM, go back and read my posts, it's pretty clear.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Think Gabriel was the big hint, that Arteta didn't rate Saliba.

Maybe he didn't think he was a good enough player, or maybe he had a very annoying personality like Guendo that clashed with Mikel's, who knows...but I doubt William plays for us for much longer tbh, especially if we sign White.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No, I was telling you why he was joining OM, go back and read my posts, it's pretty clear.
You said he was joining OM because the club felt that was the best for his development and not to piss him off.

You later said you have no idea why Arteta wouldn't want to have a look at him in preseason. Even to see how he has developed or came on. What he has to offer.

That subsequently means Arteta has no interest in Saliba and for him it doesnt matter if he is loaned to France or the moon. While Mikel is here Saliba will never be under consideration. Which again is what I've been saying.

He isn't going on loan to OM for the benefit of Arsenal. He's going there to get him out of Artetas Road.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You said he was joining OM because the club felt that was the best for his development and not to piss him off.

You later said you have no idea why Arteta wouldn't want to have a look at him in preseason. Even to see how he has developed or came on. What he has to offer.

That subsequently means Arteta has no interest in Saliba and for him it doesnt matter if he is loaned to France or the moon. While Mikel is here Saliba will never be under consideration. Which again is what I've been saying.

He isn't going on loan to OM for the benefit of Arsenal. He's going there to get him out of Artetas Road.
And this is one no one takes your posts in this thread seriously. Pure conjecture.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
And this is one no one takes your posts in this thread seriously. Pure conjecture.
It's not. It's looking at the actions of the manager the club and the player.

And people clearly do take my posts seriously based on how many people are liking and agreeing with what I'm saying.

Why does Arteta not look at Saliba in preseason, when he said that's what he was going to do? Any manager who is about to drop 50m on a young defender who has only played 1 year in PL would surely want to analyse a player he already has? What has Mikel got to lose?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I can look at both sides of an argument mate, I am open-minded as I have said. I have already told you what I wish Saliba was doing and he isn't doing that. I have then explained to you that it is possible that the club still views him as a long-term option still and that either they see OM as a better place for development, or as a reliable journalist said, he has chosen to go there and we let him due to wanting to keep a good relationship with the player, while he still gains great development, which he will.

As you have said, maybe it's down to Mikel not wanting him at all and if that's the case then we'd sell, or accept an option to buy, however, a reliable journalist has said he's still our long-term future so maybe that is actually the case?

All I have done is try and open your eyes to the fact that for some reason you only believe one outcome, which could be the case, but you have to look at everything from all angles, which you don't.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I can look at both sides of an argument mate, I am open-minded as I have said. I have already told you what I wish Saliba was doing and he isn't doing that. I have then explained to you that it is possible that the club still views him as a long-term option still and that either they see OM as a better place for development, or as a reliable journalist said, he has chosen to go there and we let him due to wanting to keep a good relationship with the player, while he still gains great development, which he will.

As you have said, maybe it's down to Mikel not wanting him at all and if that's the case then we'd sell, or accept an option to buy, however, a reliable journalist has said he's still our long-term future so maybe that is actually the case?

All I have done is try and open your eyes to the fact that for some reason you only believe one outcome, which could be the case, but you have to look at everything from all angles, which you don't.
The actions of the club, player and Mikel have pointed me in this direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom