• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jato

Should have been sold ages ago - not sure what people expecting. One MOTM does not amount to all the other poor games he has produced.

He wasn't even tearing it up for West Brom so much so Allardyce told him to play whatever position Arsenal told him to says it all. He was not even bossing it for a relegation team compared to say ESR or Chambers who were essentially the players of the season for their respective teams they were loaned out to (Huddersfield/Fulham). IMO he isn't good enough to be in this Arsenal team, just like Willock and I rated Willock more than AMN.

Arteta and Edu should also stop tanking the prices of players who don't want to be here. Where are Arteta's non-negotiables about wanting players who want to be here he keeps talking about. Yet he is still desperately asking Nketiah to sign a new contract even though Nketiah doesn't warrant the extra minutes or being a starter in this team.

Also Everton's offer for AMN was as bad as Roma's cheap rubbish for Xhaka so I can see why Arsenal would reject. So many of these young players from the academy demanding minutes when they don't deserve it. The moment they do get PL minutes on a consistent basis they don't perform. Will be happy for AMN to be sold and the money reinvested.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm glad the drama is over, but £10 million for AMN is a joke. He was worth £20 million for Wolves just two years ago. £3-4 million for Mavrapanos. Nketiah, Laca and Elneny going for free. Torreria going for peanuts too. For all the good work we have done in recruiting, you would think we could have learned a thing or two on sales.

Ornstein said it's "below 20 million". I don't like how little he was used, but having a backup player is important for any season.

If we get 10 million vs. for example 16 million, it's not exactly too bad especially if they put a sell-on clause like I would think.

He will likely come back to EPL at some point, and is HG. Also we are not strengthening an EPL opponent.

Malky

Established Member
Should have been allowed to leave during the summer but Arteta acted like a prick. This is further confirmation that the manager is incompetent and a genuinly unlikeable person.
Also tanked his value even further.
Wonder what pathetic amount Edu has agreed to set his buy option at? I'm guessing £5M.

Look at how Pep has handled the Torres situation - Torres said he wanted to leave and Pep said " fine, leave " accepted the offer from Barca and that was that. Arteta has handled this like a total control freak.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I obviously rate AMN lower than most because £10m sounds like a decent fee. He has decent physical attributes and OK technique but is so laid back and lacking in focus that I can't see him ever being anything other than mediocre.

This is good news as I'm certain there must be a midfield signing lined up with Partey and Elneny away at AFCON. My money is on an Ødegaard type signing on loan, so who is a good player, 21-25 who is struggling for minutes this season?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
If this is true it means we'll 100% be getting a midfielder in. Interesting to see what names are in the frame.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Aouar back on the menu?
Not for me, with ESR and Ode proving their chops I don't think we need him now. Someone who can score goals, yes, but they also need to tackle and have a bit of discipline. Not sure he's that.

Mudi

I remember I was one of those telling to get the money when it was on the table. You could see that he was limited and would never make it here on the midfield. He was no Saka, Martinelli or ESR.

Luckily we got rid of Willock at the right price. AMN fanboys were also screaming to keep Willock on the squad. This year we would have been happy to sell him at 10m€ as well

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I remember I was one of those telling to get the money when it was on the table. You could see that he was limited and would never make it here on the midfield. He was no Saka, Martinelli or ESR.

Luckily we got rid of Willock at the right price. AMN fanboys were also screaming to keep Willock on the squad. This year we would have been happy to sell him at 10m€ as well
Not much talk about the summer long meltdown at the idea of selling Willock, these days 👀

Just as there wasn't much talk after the massive meltdown at the idea of selling AMN to Wolves in the months after...

Glad we made the right decision on Willock and learned from the AMN Wolves situation.

That said, AMN impressed me a bit in his recent performances, getting £12m for him would be fine for me because there's not that much upside there as a midfielder, and Lokonga is just a bigger talent, but he did convince me with these recent performances that he can probably make for a decent CM for a club like Roma or for a low to mid table PL club in the future. Actually think he has a somewhat decent chance of being the better CM than Willock, who just really struggles at so many CM things.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Not much talk about the summer long meltdown at the idea of selling Willock, these days 👀

Just as there wasn't much talk after the massive meltdown at the idea of selling AMN to Wolves in the months after...

Glad we made the right decision on Willock and learned from the AMN Wolves situation.

That said, AMN impressed me a bit in his recent performances, getting £12m for him would be fine for me because there's not that much upside there as a midfielder, and Lokonga is just a bigger talent, but he did convince me with these recent performances that he can probably make for a decent CM for a club like Roma or for a low to mid table PL club in the future. Actually think he has a somewhat decent chance of being the better CM than Willock, who just really struggles at so many CM things.
I was fine with selling Iwobi and Willock, but not AMN for 15 million with 3 years in contract to a competing team in EPL.

I just don't like how little we used him after that. But good backup players are important for a top team. We need him in January unless we buy another one.

Looks like we won't lose much in not selling him. So people are tearing their gym shorts for almost nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom