• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yeah because we haven't sold our starters since Wenger bro :lol:
"Great" fee doesn't mean "big" fee, it means selling more than someone's worth, beating the market etc. If we sold Saka tomorrow for 100m that would be a lot of money but not a good sale, if we got 15m for Holding it wouldn't be a lot of cash for Arsenal but a great fee.

I don't need us to necessarily start selling starters, if they're good enough for us it'd be dumb to do it. We need to improve our position in the market that we can sell *anyone* for more than what we currently get offered.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

"Great" fee doesn't mean "big" fee, it means selling more than someone's worth, beating the market etc. If we sold Saka tomorrow for 100m that would be a lot of money but not a good sale, if we got 15m for Holding it wouldn't be a lot of cash for Arsenal but a great fee.

I don't need us to necessarily start selling starters, if they're good enough for us it'd be dumb to do it. We need to improve our position in the market that we can sell *anyone* for more than what we currently get offered.

It's been a while since we've outsmarted the market in a selling sense I will give you that.

I think you can only improve that rep if you become a selling club though. Or win so many trophies that clubs will overpay for your rubbish. We are neither of these things.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It's been a while since we've outsmarted the market in a selling sense I will give you that.

I think you can only improve that rep if you become a selling club though. Or win so many trophies that clubs will overpay for your rubbish. We are neither of these things.
Neither are Chelsea at the moment really, minus the 21 CL they haven't done much.

Then again what are we doing pocket watching anyway when Kroenke seems perfectly happy with Arteta's spending and value tanking.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
They did juice West Ham some 35m for that cat abusing dickhead Zouma. 60m for Costa who was absolutely finished is outrageous as well ask Rex he was worth 6m max.

There are hundreds of transfers happening every window in the top leagues there are examples of all kinds of fees if you look hard enough. There are zero examples of Arsenal getting a great fee in living memory is all I'm saying.

Costa got 20 PL goals the season he left. He was borderline world class until he fell off a cliff. No one knew he'd drop off so badly. Zouma was considered an elite CB and a regular Chelsea starter coming into his prime. The same with Mount and Havertz, regular starters coming into their prime with plenty of upside.

Chelsea have been better at stockpiling youth talent from around the world and flipping them for a profit. They've also been better at knowing when to flip first teamers

Iwobi was a very good fee. City offered us 60m for Alexis, which would of been a good fee back then. Chelsea definitely would have flipped Alexis and have a replacement lined up.

If Chelsea have genuine deadwood they have problems too. Just look at Lukaku and what a ****show that is.

Tomb Bombadil

Tammy was sold after scoring 15 in the league which none of our academy strikers have done, he was only 30-35mil like you said. Solanke was sold for £20 million

30 mil give or take is the going rate for unproven academy strikers, so I don't get the tears or why guys expected double. Arsenal reportedly asked for 50 and there were no takers.
But the market is even more inflated than 2 years ago. So I guess you can put 20% on top of the fees and for talents even more. That's why it's disapointing + it's not just this transfer, it's almost all outgoings.

On the other hand he could have gone for free two years ago.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
lol we will sell Saka when he falls out the team, so we probably get half that tbh. If Arsenal really cared about impressing people with selling fees we'd cash in on Martinelli today.

Based on what we have seen to date and other cases of buying players after one good season, I don't blame clubs for not spending more than £30m on Balogun myself really.

Lewis Hall, an 18 year old defender with 9 senior professional appearances, can be worth 32.5 million euros rising to 40.7 million with add-ons.

But Balogun, who scored 21 goals in 34 appearances, we should be grateful to get 30million rising to 40m?

Help me out here cos I’m struggling to see how that’s a good price in the context of the market, where goals are gold dust.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Lewis Hall, an 18 year old defender with 9 senior professional appearances, can be worth 32.5 million euros rising to 40.7 million with add-ons.

But Balogun, who scored 21 goals in 34 appearances, we should be grateful to get 30million rising to 40m?

Help me out here cos I’m struggling to see how that’s a good price in the context of the market, where goals are gold dust.

Elye Wahi, 20 years old, 19 goals in Ligue 1 and sold for €30m.

Loïs Openda, 23 years old, 21 goals in Ligue 1 and sold for €38.5m.

There's your market.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Elye Wahi, 20 years old, 19 goals in Ligue 1 and sold for €30m.

Loïs Openda, 23 years old, 21 goals in Ligue 1 and sold for €38.5m.

There's your market.
French expert explained this the other day. In France openda is rated a level above as player and Wahi is a huge talent and would be at big club if it wasn’t for his history

You can have two strikers in the pl who scored same amount and one being rated better player. So I don’t know why people just go by numbers in Ligue 1

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Lol wait until you find out Lewis Hall’s salary.

As explained above young fullback market is slightly different. I’m still waiting for you guys to produce the academy striker that’s been sold for more than 35 mil btw.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Top, top quality insight and understanding on multiple levels.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Top, top quality insight and understanding on multiple levels.

Brother Jones being mad because one of the richest clubs on the planet isn't ripping smaller clubs off for players we clearly and openly have no intentions of keeping? A guy who almost left on a free?

Can you guys not see how entitled this all sounds?

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

Its ok talking about fees but I would say we have never got great money for anyone for a very long time.
Perhaps as far back as when free spending Man City were snapping up lots of our players & likely overpaid for the likes of Clichy?
You can easily judge fees with hindsight. We got excellent money for Walcott late Arsène, & iwobi under Unai.
I'd say we got a decent fee for willock & depending on numbers pretty decent for Balo.
You only really get big fees if a free spending big 6 team desperately wants your player tbf.
Sometimes when a smaller club snaps up a fringe player you may do well but people tend to use the best deals as a benchmark.

I agree we need to shake the reputation as an 'easy touch' but sometimes players turn down moves & the market is what it is.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Do you think it has anything to do with us scaling back our use of agents? Everyone was thrilled with the Iwobi fee but Kia Joorabchian was involved in that deal. Maybe if we used intermediaries more like Chelsea we’d get bigger fees, but that would also require giving the agents a cut which Edteta don’t seem as keen on.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Do you think it has anything to do with us scaling back our use of agents? Everyone was thrilled with the Iwobi fee but Kia Joorabchian was involved in that deal. Maybe if we used intermediaries more like Chelsea we’d get bigger fees, but that would also require giving the agents a cut which Edteta don’t seem as keen on.

From what I read Edu is fine with agents but due to the KIA optics he's been forced to scale back (from my guess work). This regime definitely isn't put off by agents though as we have seen with Fabio's purchase and anyone from the South American market.

We forget that Raul had the connections which is an area Edu definitely has to improve on. Balogun isn't the deal to criticise though because like I have repeated a few times his fee is actually inline with players of a similar profile past and present.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Everton fans think it was more due to Usmanov doing us a favour.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Brother Jones being mad because one of the richest clubs on the planet isn't ripping smaller clubs off for players we clearly and openly have no intentions of keeping? A guy who almost left on a free?

Can you guys not see how entitled this all sounds?
I'm criticising the club for their actions in the transfer market, us being rich, other small clubs (hearts bleeding for these poor souls) being "ripped off" is all fluff bruv and you know it. Realistically Kroenke won't keep the purse open forever so generating revenue to be used so Arsenal can buy good players is natural isn't it?

Anyway if my saying the club is **** at getting good fees is entitled then so is saying Edu has to improve or expand his agent network.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We've also ****ed ourselves in that respect with the way we handle players. We should've got way more for van Persie but let his contract run down. We could've got £60m for Sanchez but choose to keep him instead and then swapped him for Mkhitaryan. It's not only the way we negotiate we've just been **** in general.
Actually as bad as Mkhi was, the Sanchez deal not going through was a blessing because Wenger was looking to spend stupid money on Lemar and that sale may well have allowed him to do it. Genuinely such a weird summer.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Everton fans think it was more due to Usmanov doing us a favour.
That's illogical because he had no reason to help Stan or the club after they froze him out and made him sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom