• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel

We suck at selling but why we moaning.. i seen us get nothing for KT and countless others in last few years. Hopefully we get a bunch for esr too.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We suck at selling but why we moaning.. i seen us get nothing for KT and countless others in last few years. Hopefully we get a bunch for esr too.
We've never been a good selling club. We let Henry go for 16m. It should be an area that the club devote real attention to. If we're going to have a sustainable model we need consistent CL football and the ability to get something in return for players who are no longer needed.

Fab Fabre04

Bit disappointing but also probably fair. We’re selling third choice players to non-pl clubs. Clubs know we have to sell so are not incentivized to pay a premium (+ they’re not really good enough to stir up competitive tension). In fact, they‘re not even incentivized to pay market value

Can’t really benchmark to sale of first team players to PL clubs (Although we pulled a worldie with the Iwobi sale). When Chelsea sell youngsters they have a track record of 1) doing well on loan and 2) performing well in their new clubs. We’re not there yet.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Let us not jump conclusions here with someone who cannot spell his name correctly. Some are saying different numbers. Why would we not have sold to Inter if they were offering €35m...

I need Orny to come with the numbers.

Also would €30m be okay if there is a sell on clause of 50%?
Of course. But there isn’t.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

30m euro is 25.8 million sterling. Guy scores 21 league goals and we get a guaranteed nearly 26 million pounds for him??

Wow man can’t wait till someone comes for best RW in the world Saka and we squeeze them dry for a whole 50 million. Shall we build the Edu statue now in advance?

lol we will sell Saka when he falls out the team, so we probably get half that tbh. If Arsenal really cared about impressing people with selling fees we'd cash in on Martinelli today.

Based on what we have seen to date and other cases of buying players after one good season, I don't blame clubs for not spending more than £30m on Balogun myself really.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
lol we will sell Saka when he falls out the team, so we probably get half that tbh. If Arsenal really cared about impressing people with selling fees we'd cash in on Martinelli today.

Based on what we have seen to date and other cases of buying players after one good season, I don't blame clubs for not spending more than £30m on Balogun myself really.

I mean the fee isn't bad compared to what similar level talents have been leaving Ligue 1 for. It's in the same ballpark. I suppose when you go into a summer thinking Premier League clubs are going to chuck £50m at him anything else will be a letdown.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I mean the fee isn't bad compared to what similar level talents have been leaving Ligue 1 for. It's in the same ballpark. I suppose when you go into a summer thinking Premier League clubs are going to chuck £50m at him anything else will be a letdown.

I mean, if we want to keep it 100% Lacazette being in contention for golden boot until the end meant Balogun's tally was completely irrelevant to Prem clubs anyways.

The only clubs that would be interested would be clubs where 30 mil is a huge chunk of their entire revenue.

field442

Trusted ⭐
I mean, if we want to keep it 100% Lacazette being in contention for golden boot until the end meant Balogun's tally was completely irrelevant to Prem clubs anyways.

I kept my mouth shut throughout the season but I remember any time we'd sign or be linked to a Ligue 1 player people would make a big deal about the amount of penalty goals they had scored, but they don't want to mention it with Balogun. That's not to take anything away from him, but as you say teams will be looking at more than just the tally. Fans who won't have seen him beyond goal highlights will scream about 20+ goals.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

The issue I have with this argument is you're looking at it from a buyer's perspective. We might think north of 30m is too much for Balogun but we should look at it from a selling viewpoint, how many times have we seen Chelsea and Liverpool sell their dross for similar fees?

If Höjlund was on our books last season we would see people here pointing to his injury issues, lack of experience, bad skin etc as a reason why 30m was a good fee for him.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I kept my mouth shut throughout the season but I remember any time we'd sign or be linked to a Ligue 1 player people would make a big deal about the amount of penalty goals they had scored, but they don't want to mention it with Balogun. That's not to take anything away from him, but as you say teams will be looking at more than just the tally. Fans who won't have seen him beyond goal highlights will scream about 20+ goals.
If you include more than goal highlights you'll see that he was up front for a shocking team that barely could string more than three passes together. Not only did he score those pens most of them he won on his own too.

He's not a world beater nor finished product but if he was a Chelsea product he'd have gone for 50m easy.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

The issue I have with this argument is you're looking at it from a buyer's perspective. We might think north of 30m is too much for Balogun but we should look at it from a selling viewpoint, how many times have we seen Chelsea and Liverpool sell their dross for similar fees?

If Höjlund was on our books last season we would see people here pointing to his injury issues, lack of experience, bad skin etc as a reason why 30m was a good fee for him.

If there was another Arsenal with a manager with very specific tastes like Arteta at the helm to sell to then I would hear it, but clubs like Arsenal/Chelsea and Utd are a very niche market. 9 times out of 10 we are selling down to clubs that have a fraction of our total revenue.

Bigger/better clubs than Arsenal would rather scout someone new than pay for our rubbish.

Archer who did better than Balogun at Middlesborough and was part of the England U21 win just went for 18m. Jackson with virtually an identical CV and profile to Balogun was 30 mil himself. That's the going rate.

field442

Trusted ⭐
If you include more than goal highlights you'll see that he was up front for a shocking team that barely could string more than three passes together. Not only did he score those pens most of them he won on his own too.

He's not a world beater nor finished product but if he was a Chelsea product he'd have gone for 50m easy.

They only got £34m for Tammy and you could probably say they're similar level talents, although he was in and out of the Chelsea team the year he got sold.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

They only got £34m for Tammy and you could probably say they're similar level talents, although he was in and out of the Chelsea team the year he got sold.

Tammy was sold after scoring 15 in the league which none of our academy strikers have done, he was only 30-35mil like you said. Solanke was sold for £20 million

30 mil give or take is the going rate for unproven academy strikers, so I don't get the tears or why guys expected double. Arsenal reportedly asked for 50 and there were no takers.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
If there was another Arsenal with a manager with very specific tastes like Arteta at the helm to sell to then I would hear it, but clubs like Arsenal/Chelsea and Utd are a very niche market. 9 times out of 10 we are selling down to clubs that have a fraction of our total revenue.

Bigger/better clubs than Arsenal would rather scout someone new than pay for our rubbish.

Archer who did better than Balogun at Middlesborough and was part of the England U21 win just went for 18m. Jackson with virtually an identical CV and profile to Balogun was 30 mil himself. That's the going rate.
If this was an isolated incident you could blame it on us being "niche" but the reality is we are known and complete bítches in the market. Edu couldn't sell lemonade in hell.

Our "rubbish" is seen as rubbish because we either can't market our guys or fold immediately in negotiations. Havertz and Mount were jokes and clearly surplus to requirements and fetched 130m for Chelsea, not just dumb English clubs either Costa with no knees was sold for 60m to his old club, Tammy the donkey 40m from skint Roma who struggled to offer 10m for Xhaka. We have a hard earned rep for being pushovers and clubs make their offers accordingly.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Our "rubbish" is seen as rubbish because we either can't market our guys or fold immediately in negotiations. Havertz and Mount were jokes and clearly surplus to requirements and fetched 130m for Chelsea, not just dumb English clubs either Costa with no knees was sold for 60m to his old club,

and look at the clubs who bought Havertz and Mount :lol:

Would they have juiced West Ham, Brentford, Sheffield United, Aston Villa or Brighton for that money? No. If they spent 30 mil+ it's often off the back of their own scouting like Diaby at Villa.

Tammy went for 5 mil more than Balogun did and Tammy actually started for them under Lampard. Costa went for big dough but again, look at the parameters he was proven title winning striker.

We are talking about unproven academy strikers here and if you really deep it the selling fees for them are undoubtedly consistent. The complaints are somewhat unfounded the more you scrutinise things.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Tammy was sold after scoring 15 in the league which none of our academy strikers have done, he was only 30-35mil like you said. Solanke was sold for £20 million

30 mil give or take is the going rate for unproven academy strikers, so I don't get the tears or why guys expected double. Arsenal reportedly asked for 50 and there were no takers.
The 15 in the league was the year before Tammy was sold, he got 6 in his last season and had a big injury if memory serves as well. We all know Edu pulls out the dry loan + subsequent termination agreement combo in those cases.

I didn't expect anything from our management, I just don't like the excuses made for them. We didn't get 50 but Inter reportedly offered 40m earlier this window, just once would I like to see us land a fee like that instead of having ****ing Ox as our record transfer 8 years after the sale.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
and look at the clubs who bought Havertz and Mount :lol:
Would they have juiced West Ham, Brentford, Sheffield United, Aston Villa or Brighton for that money? No. If they spent 30 mil+ it's often off the back of their own scouting like Diaby at Villa.

Tammy went for 5 mil more than Balogun did and tammy started for them. Costa went for big dough but again, look at the parameters he was proven title winning striker.

We are talking about unproven academy strikers here and if you really deep it the selling fees for them are undoubtedly consistent. The complaints are somewhat unfounded the more you scrutinise things.
They did juice West Ham some 35m for that cat abusing dickhead Zouma. 60m for Costa who was absolutely finished is outrageous as well ask Rex he was worth 6m max.

There are hundreds of transfers happening every window in the top leagues there are examples of all kinds of fees if you look hard enough. There are zero examples of Arsenal getting a great fee in living memory is all I'm saying.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

There are zero examples of Arsenal getting a great fee in living memory is all I'm saying.

Yeah because we haven't sold any of our starters since Wenger bro :lol:

We rinse them until they go for a free or fall way down the pecking order because we are trying to win stuff, which is something the club has to improve on.

Until you man find me a recent example of an academy striker leaving a top 6 club or any club really, for more than 35m GBP I genuinely think you man are crying just to cry.

field442

Trusted ⭐
They did juice West Ham some 35m for that cat abusing dickhead Zouma. 60m for Costa who was absolutely finished is outrageous as well ask Rex he was worth 6m max.

There are hundreds of transfers happening every window in the top leagues there are examples of all kinds of fees if you look hard enough. There are zero examples of Arsenal getting a great fee in living memory is all I'm saying.

We've also ****ed ourselves in that respect with the way we handle players. We should've got way more for van Persie but let his contract run down. We could've got £60m for Sanchez but choose to keep him instead and then swapped him for Mkhitaryan. It's not only the way we negotiate we've just been **** in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom