• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We’ll just have to wait and see on the fee. Ornstein said £40m whereas later reports have been €30+10m. That’s a very big difference. If it’s £40m then I don’t think anyone would be too unhappy with it, but if it’s in Euros then it’s more like £35m including add ons. That I think is a bit on the low side to really be okay with.

Now we’re waiting on Orny to come out and give us the correct number when it’s all done

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
We’ll just have to wait and see on the fee. Ornstein said £40m whereas later reports have been €30+10m. That’s a very big difference. If it’s £40m then I don’t think anyone would be too unhappy with it, but if it’s in Euros then it’s more like £35m including add ons. That I think is a bit on the low side to really be okay with.

Now we’re waiting on Orny to come out and give us the correct number when it’s all done
Yeah I think that's a fair enough take.

What I will say is if the add-ons are easily achieveable and we have a decent sell on clause say 15%+ £35m is probably not a bad deal imho

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
only with Arsenal we actually don't know how much we getting i read like 3 type of fees. but i'd believe RMC they say 45MEUR. likely the base fee will be between 30-35M pounds rest will be add ons. good we also included good sell on %.

wish him luck we rarely get good sale specially for guy who played zero official game for us. oh never mind he played against Brentford lol don't count in my books.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Shouldve been closer to 50m. Disappointing this from Edu again.
If I have apples to sell and you're in charge of selling them for me is it your fault that the ones I bruise are going to fetch less than the pristine ones? Arteta devalues these players to an extent when he freezes them out and Edu has to try to get what he can for them. Beyond that, you are always going to get less money if the club is unwilling to sell to another PL club and the player is unwilling to go to some clubs that may have had more financial clout.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
If I have apples to sell and you're in charge of selling them for me is it your fault that the ones I bruise are going to fetch less than the pristine ones? Arteta devalues these players to an extent when he freezes them out and Edu has to try to get what he can for them. Beyond that, you are always going to get less money if the club is unwilling to sell to another PL club and the player is unwilling to go to some clubs that may have had more financial clout.
I'm not sure Arteta has devalued Balo. Sending him on loan to France added value. Would've been lucky to get 20m after his time at Boro.
He got a knock pre season & wasn't gonna start in the prem anyway.
Why put him on the bench & give him a few minutes sub appearance risking injury when he's made it clear he won't stay?

It makes little sense.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Some of you lot forget that Balogun almost left on a free two years ago. Edu has moved mountains to get this level of value on an academy product. Need a Gaspar BBQ statue next to Arsène at this rate.

Makavelii

If it's like a 20% sell on fee that's probably fine. If he has another good season in France, Chelsea will blow like 80 million on him if they aren't transfer banned.

It would need to be a much better season in France than last to justify anywhere near 80 mill.

He only scored 15 free play goals in 35 games in a weak league. And didn’t contribute to general play much at all. It’s not that good.

Pepe and Lacazette both did more in Ligue 1 when they were young. And then they both floundered in the EPL to differing degrees.

For all of the above reasons, I think the fee we got is great. People are in dream land thinking we should’ve got significantly more.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
It would need to be a much better season in France than last to justify anywhere near 80 mill.

He only scored 15 free play goals in 35 games in a weak league. And didn’t contribute to general play much at all. It’s not that good.

Pepe and Lacazette both did more in Ligue 1 when they were young. And then they both floundered in the EPL to differing degrees.

For all of the above reasons, I think the fee we got is great. People are in dream land thinking we should’ve got more.
Hojlund scored like 9 goals and United paid 75m for him

Makavelii

Hojlund scored like 9 goals and United paid 75m for him

Did you consider how many minutes he played?

Hojlund scored more goals than Balogun per 90 mins last season. And in a tougher league. And he contributed to general play much more.

I still think they overpaid. But you can’t just look at goals for a player who played off the bench almost ever appearance.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Yeah in the current climate a good sell on clause is great for us. Like others have said if he smashes it again a plethora of clubs will be in for him around the £70-90M mark. So we could eventually end up getting like £50-60M for him in total.

45M euro base fee is excellent.

Tnegs

I think it’s a superb piece of business by us tbh man was gonna walk away on a free 2 seasons ago and now we go 40m for him. Seeing talk about us devaluing him but if we played Balo we would be accused of devaluing Eddie. Cant have it both ways and you could also say that we are building up Eddie’s value by giving him game time ahead of selling him next season or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Top Bottom