• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It would need to be a much better season in France than last to justify anywhere near 80 mill.

He only scored 15 free play goals in 35 games in a weak league. And didn’t contribute to general play much at all. It’s not that good.

Pepe and Lacazette both did more in Ligue 1 when they were young. And then they both floundered in the EPL to differing degrees.

For all of the above reasons, I think the fee we got is great. People are in dream land thinking we should’ve got significantly more.
Have you seen the market? Utd spent 70 mil on Walmart Haaland after 9 Serie A goals. Notice I said Chelsea. Do you think the guy who spent 220m on Enzo and Caicedo and 80 mil on Mudryk would bat an eye at spending that sort of money on Balogun if he puts up another 20 goal season? Teams are flush with cash and desperate. Monaco will get a lot for him if he has another productive season, regardless of it being justified or not.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A little disappointed we couldn't get more, but that's still decent money (especially for the Edu-era)

Just glad we are selling a player for an actual fee, when we had to loan a player as good as Tierney I had given up on us ever making money again to be honest 😅

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Have you seen the market? Utd spent 70 mil on Walmart Haaland after 9 Serie A goals. Notice I said Chelsea. Do you think the guy who spent 220m on Enzo and Caicedo and 80 mil on Mudryk would bat an eye at spending that sort of money on Balogun if he puts up another 20 goal season? Teams are flush with cash and desperate. Monaco will get a lot for him if he has another productive season, regardless of it being justified or not.
You can't compare Balogun and Hojlund. Arteta wanted to sell Balogun to get the fund and Balogun wanted to leave too. The other clubs see this and try to lower the fee. We waited until the last week of the transfer's window, but no one was serious except Monaco. If Balogun stayed here where he could play? ahead of him there is Jesus, Trossard, Eddie, and maybe Havertz

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
You can't compare Balogun and Hojlund. Arteta wanted to sell Balogun to get the fund and Balogun wanted to leave too. The other clubs see this and try to lower the fee. We waited until the last week of the transfer's window, but no one was serious except Monaco. If Balogun stayed here where he could play? ahead of him there is Jesus, Trossard, Eddie, and maybe Havertz
Good grief. I was speaking about a sale by Monaco after this season. I wasn't criticizing the fee, I was pointing out that it was good to insert a sell on clause because we will benefit from it in a market where players are going for inflated fees. In fact I've made the same points as you regarding the fee he's fetching this summer earlier in this thread but it is quite clear to everyone with sense that I am referring to the fee Monaco could get for him after this season if he has another good season. Reading comprehension cannot be as tough as some of you make it look.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Benge saying he heard around 15-20%. Nobody really knows. I'd say the same for the fee. RMC said €45m yesterday and they're more reliable than the guy saying €30m+€10m. There's too much conflicting info around this one.

I guess we'll see but €30M & a hard to obtain €10M bonus is quite a distance from €45M, if it's the former then it's only a mediocre sale (and that's being kind I think).

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

My boi @EDUNEWS123

We're going into 2024 and Ox remains our record sale 🤣
Brentford
Forrest
Bournemouth
Shef United
Burnley
Luton

Only those 6 has lower sale transfer record than Arsenal in the pl. It’s beyond laughs 35 million is our sale record

There are several teams in the championship who has higher record as well

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
30m euro is 25.8 million sterling. Guy scores 21 league goals and we get a guaranteed nearly 26 million pounds for him??

Wow man can’t wait till someone comes for best RW in the world Saka and we squeeze them dry for a whole 50 million. Shall we build the Edu statue now in advance?

Mudi

Let us not jump conclusions here with someone who cannot spell his name correctly. Some are saying different numbers. Why would we not have sold to Inter if they were offering €35m...

I need Orny to come with the numbers.

Also would €30m be okay if there is a sell on clause of 50%?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

30m euro is 25.8 million sterling. Guy scores 21 league goals and we get a guaranteed nearly 26 million pounds for him??

Wow man can’t wait till someone comes for best RW in the world Saka and we squeeze them dry for a whole 50 million. Shall we build the Edu statue now in advance?

Run it back Sir Gaspar.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

33-35 million pound for Balogun is more than fair price. I wouldn’t spend that on him given the choice tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Top Bottom