• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
End product is similar.

In the last 365 days accoring to Fbref (Premier and UCL)

Trossard
0.49 non-penalty goals + 0.18 expected assists per 90 minutes.
Martinelli 0.35 non-penalty goals + 0.30 expected assists per 90 minutes.

But Martinelli was the pressure, tactical displine, ball carrying and speed advantage... and age on his side.

(Saka 0.34 non-penalty goals + 0.30 expected assists per 90 minutes with Ødegaard/White to help him and not playing alongside Tomiyasu/Zinchenko and Havertz LCM - like Martinelli did this season).
FFS 👀

His end product needs to improve for him to be an automatic starter for me. Trossard has better end product at the moment. Nelli is only 22 still, so has lots of time to improve, but I don't think he should be a nailed on starter.

This is the most relevant bit & what I was referring to. Appreciate your attempt to dazzle me with statistics, but it would have saved you a lot of effort if you had simply read my post properly.

'At the moment' means currently, not the last 365 days mate.

mpower2540

As much as he frustrates me with some of his, at times, headless chicken style. His commitment to the cause is evident. He came on yesterday when we decided to sit in a low block and defend at 2-0. He hardly had any offensive moments to get into but he still ran his bollocks off to help the team. His attitude is first class

fute

As much as he frustrates me with some of his, at times, headless chicken style. His commitment to the cause is evident. He came on yesterday when we decided to sit in a low block and defend at 2-0. He hardly had any offensive moments to get into but he still ran his bollocks off to help the team. His attitude is first class

He is all team and effort. Love the guy's hustle on the pitch. It is joy to watch him and Odegarrd defensively. Those guys are full force when they press.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
FFS 👀

This is the most relevant bit & what I was referring to. Appreciate your attempt to dazzle me with statistics, but it would have saved you a lot of effort if you had simply read my post properly.

'At the moment' means currently, not the last 365 days mate.

365 days is 'at the moment' in football terms. It is not like it was a different world.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
365 days is 'at the moment' in football terms. It is not like it was a different world.
No mate. 1 year ago is not 'at the moment'. 6 months ago is not 'at the moment'. Even 3 months ago isn't. At the moment infers the present time.

Anyhoo, what Im getting at is that Martinelli is not as productive this season as last. 15 & 5 last season. Just 6 & 4 so far this season.

Trossard was 1 & 10 for us with just half a seasons contribution last season, & is 12 & 2 so far this season...

Still plenty of games to go, hopefully BOTH can contribute more goals & assists before the season is out.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Guess he wants doggy style
smirk dwight GIF

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
No mate. 1 year ago is not 'at the moment'. 6 months ago is not 'at the moment'. Even 3 months ago isn't. At the moment infers the present time.

Anyhoo, what Im getting at is that Martinelli is not as productive this season as last. 15 & 5 last season. Just 6 & 4 so far this season.

Trossard was 1 & 10 for us with just half a seasons contribution last season, & is 12 & 2 so far this season...

Still plenty of games to go, hopefully BOTH can contribute more goals & assists before the season is out.

It is not a 1 year ago either. It is the time frame which considers 8 april 2024 as well. Martinelli this season has been injured a lot and played a long part of the season with Havertz LCM which largely denied his imput. He isn't far away this season.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
It is not a 1 year ago either. It is the time frame which considers 8 april 2024 as well. Martinelli this season has been injured a lot and played a long part of the season with Havertz LCM which largely denied his imput. He isn't far away this season.
Thank you.😂

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Hall of Shame performance vs Bayern, Kimmich had his most comfiest game in a good while.

Trossard has been the better clutch player and big moment player than Nelli, it's time people drop their sentimentality regarding our players.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He has not kicked on from his output last season, just too predictable. always as threat but I think this is it with him.

Buhry

Established Member

Really poor game today, kept trying long shots as well because he couldn't do anything better with the ball.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom