• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
I know you despise the guy lol. But He looks dreadful, on the right , trossard, jaysus are better footballers to be fair . It is what it is.

Trossard and Jesus are better technicians - you can argue -, but Martinelli is definitely the better player.

fute

I think Arteta saw something with Jesus on the left . He certainly had a lot of chances.

Arteta likes having Jesus on the pitch with what he can do. If he is able to play, Arteta will get him on the field somehow. With Kai thriving and Saka entrenched and Trossard our best finisher, Martinelli has taken the spot Reiss hasn't really claimed.

Kai's emergence at CF has improved the depth of the forward position. Now Jesus doesn't have to play the whole game and we can still take advantage of his versatility from the wing. Trossard can stay fresh.

We'll need all those guys. Outside of Kai, the rest of the guys need the rotation to maintain fitness and health with the knocks they've had over the season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think his days as nailed on starter is over. Probably will start cs Bayern due to Arteta not wanting to overplay jesus yet. But push come to shove jesus havertz and Saka will be main starters now

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I think his days as nailed on starter is over. Probably will start cs Bayern due to Arteta not wanting to overplay jesus yet. But push come to shove jesus havertz and Saka will be main starters now
His end product needs to improve for him to be an automatic starter for me. Trossard has better end product at the moment. Nelli is only 22 still, so has lots of time to improve, but I don't think he should be a nailed on starter.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
His end product needs to improve for him to be an automatic starter for me. Trossard has better end product at the moment. Nelli is only 22 still, so has lots of time to improve, but I don't think he should be a nailed on starter.

End product is similar.

In the last 365 days accoring to Fbref (Premier and UCL)

Trossard
0.49 non-penalty goals + 0.18 expected assists per 90 minutes.
Martinelli 0.35 non-penalty goals + 0.30 expected assists per 90 minutes.

But Martinelli was the pressure, tactical displine, ball carrying and speed advantage... and age on his side.

(Saka 0.34 non-penalty goals + 0.30 expected assists per 90 minutes with Ødegaard/White to help him and not playing alongside Tomiyasu/Zinchenko and Havertz LCM - like Martinelli did this season).

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom