• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jermaine Jenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I personally don't see the Jenas deal happening. And I also don't think he'd add anything spectacular to the team but I'm only writing about the conversation I had this morning

goonerwarsh said:
I personally don't see the Jenas deal happening. And I also don't think he'd add anything spectacular to the team but I'm only writing about the conversation I had this morning

Yeah but who would? We need a stop gap, not that Flamini is a bad player but Jenas is better so he would improve the team. We all saw the problems last year when players in CM positions got injured and now we have one less, so its obvious we should sign him, unless we can find anyone better but who do we have a realistic chance of getting apart from Jenas?

gunn3rs3

all this talk of jenas etc, couldnt the answer already be there, after yesterdays game, seeing toure make that run from his own half to the chels byline, out pacing a couple of players on the way,very much like pv4 used to do,he came here as a midflder in the first place, he athletic,a good tackler, and strong on the ball, perhaps when sol comes back it might be an option to try him there, i think carrying on with fab it will wear him out too soon,he has plenty of time in front of him any way.

kamikaze80

Established Member
jenas as a stopgap? that would imply that hes good right now. he isnt, at least not by arsenal standards. do you really think hed be 10M quid better than song or flamini? the way the market is right now, i wouldnt even be sure that we could break even on jenas when he leaves.

in terms of value per pound/euro, id rather spend an extra 5-10M on someone who would make a difference. jenas, to me, is not a good buy from a footballing or business perspective.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I think we could go for that Essien guy, I mean he must be annoyed at having to sit for a whole hour on his backside on the bench, I think we'd stand a realistic chance of getting him :roll:

If i'm honest I haven't seen enough of Jenas to know whether he is an answer or not, but I wonder why it's taken such a long time if Arsenal really are interested. Surely if they rated him so highly the deal would have already been done by now?

the dawn raids

Established Member
gunn3rs3 said:
all this talk of jenas etc, couldnt the answer already be there, after yesterdays game, seeing toure make that run from his own half to the chels byline, out pacing a couple of players on the way,very much like pv4 used to do,he came here as a midflder in the first place, he athletic,a good tackler, and strong on the ball, perhaps when sol comes back it might be an option to try him there, i think carrying on with fab it will wear him out too soon,he has plenty of time in front of him any way.

but we are already short at the back; why would we want to remove our most consistent cb?

gunn3rs3

this is only a suggestion and i did say when sol comes back, so the 2 c/halfs would be send and sol,and with toure in front of them we would have 3 tall players to defend corners etc,and 3 tall players for when we get a corner,as long as someone can get the ball as far as the penalty area and not hit the first defender.

el jefe

gunn3rs3 said:
Interesting idea. When Toure filled in at RB for Lauren 2 seasons ago, he was so good going forward that I was convinced he could play anywhere in defense or midfield. And when Vieira was on "on his way to Madrid" that summer, I thought Toure could be his natural replacement. After last season's performance, I lost a bit of confidence in him, but he seems to be back to his best so far this season. Once Sol is fully fit, I would like to see Toure tried there against a weaker opponent.

Ricky_AFC

el jefe said:
gunn3rs3 said:
Interesting idea. When Toure filled in at RB for Lauren 2 seasons ago, he was so good going forward that I was convinced he could play anywhere in defense or midfield. And when Vieira was on "on his way to Madrid" that summer, I thought Toure could be his natural replacement. After last season's performance, I lost a bit of confidence in him, but he seems to be back to his best so far this season. Once Sol is fully fit, I would like to see Toure tried there against a weaker opponent.

I've mentioned this idea before but it was shot down because most feel Toure lacks the composure to be a midfielder. But i would like to see him given a try there against a weaker opponent to give us an idea how he'd play there.

sharpgunner

If Sp**s offer only 7 million for JJ. I think Arsenal can do well tabling a 10 million dollar bid. I think its good value for money.

A

Anonymous

Said it before, Will say it again..

Jenas is the Cygan of midfield, without the 2 goals every blue moon.

jay-d

Established Member
Kha0z said:

You can say it till your blue in the face. Still doesn't mean your right.

A

Anonymous

jay-d said:
Kha0z said:

Yup. I'm wrong. He's worth 20million. Yawn.

Lacklustre.

jay-d

Established Member
Kha0z said:
jay-d said:
Kha0z said:

Yup. I'm wrong. He's worth 20million. Yawn.

Lacklustre.

I didn't say he was worth 20 million. Yawn.

Idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom