• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matt Turner (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

To be fair to Edu there’s a massive stench of yank on Matt so it’ll obviously bring the price down.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Nottingham Forest have opened talks with Nice over a move for 36-year-old Denmark goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel. (Eurosport Denmark, via Nottingham Post)

Wonder where this leaves Turner.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nottingham Forest have opened talks with Nice over a move for 36-year-old Denmark goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel. (Eurosport Denmark, via Nottingham Post)

Wonder where this leaves Turner.
They want two keepers apparently.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

They want two keepers apparently.
Personally I'd prefer to be second choice or even third choice at Arsenal with the benefit of living in London as opposed to second choice at relegation battling Nottingham Forest.

Strange move now I know they want another keeper. Also ****s my FPL team as I drafted him in as a 4m keeper.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Personally I'd prefer to be second choice or even third choice at Arsenal with the benefit of living in London as opposed to second choice at relegation battling Nottingham Forest.

Strange move now I know they want another keeper. Also ****s my FPL team as I drafted him in as a 4m keeper.
Schmeichel is soon 37 years old. It's a bit different to compete with him than Ramsdale in an Arteta team where you need great feet.

Turner started his career a bit late, is now 29 years old, so surely doesn't want to be backup GK for too long.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Not sure why people think we should get more than £7m.

He's not a name, not played in the PL, not done anything stand out in the cup competitions.

We're selling him for slightly more than we bought him. His value wasn't going to double or treble based on what he's done here.

Turner isn't one of the deals to be annoyed about tbh.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

He's not a name, not played in the PL, not done anything stand out in the cup competitions.

We're selling him for slightly more than we bought him. His value wasn't going to double or treble based on what he's done here.

It’s more than £7M anyways. £7M is what we got him for inc add ons.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

He is USA:s first choice GK and has played more than 100 games in the MLS and 7 games for Arsenal. 7m is not reasonable.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
He is USA:s first choice GK and has played more than 100 games in the MLS and 7 games for Arsenal. 7m is not reasonable.
Should be around 10-15m to be reasonable. But given that we just sold a defender thats POTY for Birmingham and in the Championship dream team for 5m we will probably get 7m for Turner.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

You called him some loser from a circus league when we signed him and said he wasn't good enough to be a no.2.

Yes but in a world where the worst CB on the planet cost 80m i think 7m is unreasonable for Turner.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You called him some loser from a circus league when we signed him and said he wasn't good enough to be a no.2.
July 15th 2022:

ExtjExhtts said:
Have to agree. Turner isnt a solid number 2 imo.
July 17th 2022:

ExtjExhtts said:
Turner is garbage.
April 22nd 2023:

ExtjExhtts said:
Normally i would suggest that we put this fraud on the bench but thats not a good idea since Turner is crap aswell.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Apart from playing 7 games for Arsenal he'd done all that when we bought him for £5m or whatever it was.

I don't think that playing 7 games for Arsenal in cup competitions really merits doubling or trebling his fee. It's not like he looked like a standout keeper here either. He's just decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom