• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nicolas Pepe (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UkrArsenal

Black Widow Avengers GIF

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

It rightfully cost Raul his job. You still wonder if we could have done more to make it work, but it is all water under the bridge now.
Since Arteta really seems to demand positional awareness and discipline and the ability to be creative within a fairly rigid system Pepe was always going to struggle. Think Arteta gave him chances, but it was always going to be an uphill battle for Pepe. To bad as I liked him as a player and character plus he has goals in him. He scored some really nice goals for us.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
A bidding war between two oil clubs? I was happy that he leave us for free to save on wages. But now I want to see atleast 50m.
Jota that winger from celtic (who couldnt get on the bench at benfica) went to saudi arabia for 25 million pound transfer fee. I could handle that.

Tnegs

Still can’t believe a smaller club won’t take a punt on him. He scores and creates enough goals to tolerate the rest of the time when he will run the ball out of play or lose it doing something dumb like prime Diaby. Firmly believe he is nowhere near as bad as he’s being made out to be.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Still can’t believe a smaller club won’t take a punt on him. He scores and creates enough goals to tolerate the rest of the time when he will run the ball out of play or lose it doing something dumb like prime Diaby. Firmly believe he is nowhere near as bad as he’s being made out to be.
It's the wages

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's the wages
Highly doubt it, he would be so cheap that even on higher wages it's worth it.

There are other factors: low motivation, doesn't fit the style of bottom clubs, he is in his late 20s coming back from a long injury and contract length is always tricky to negotiate especially for someone like him who doesn't even want to play anymore

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

He had a poor season on loan. Only 3 none penalty goals. Clubs will question if he's given up on football.

Leicester wanted him last summer and he preferred Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom